Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016 | 09:45 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
Maps aren't 'media'. The radio, iphone music, usb music, etc., are forms of media. The maps is a program. If you had your radio on then went to maps and then shut down the bike, when you turn the bike back on it will load the previous media, which would be the radio.
Damn. Learn something new every day!

Old 02-02-2016 | 10:53 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
Maps aren't 'media'. The radio, iphone music, usb music, etc., are forms of media. The maps is a program. If you had your radio on then went to maps and then shut down the bike, when you turn the bike back on it will load the previous media, which would be the radio.
That's not his issue. The problem was that it wouldn't go to the last selected media, FM or whatever he was listening to before he shut down the bike. This was a common problem.
I downloaded .2 last night and checked everything out and it's finally working perfectly now. Returns to radio, USB, radio off or whatever was on before shutdown. The thing I really wanted to work as it should is the Favorite button. That saves lots of keystrokes when changing from radio to media. That too works now.

Old 02-02-2016 | 11:38 AM
crump13
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ozbernie
Bike saying ISO file is corrupted or incompatible?
NOTE: If the incorrect software file for your audio system is copied to the USB flash drive, and connected to the audio system's USB port, the following error message will result: "The ISO image on the attached USB is corrupt or incompatible".

Are you sure you are downloading the file specific for the 4.3 Boom system and not trying to install the file for the 6.5 system.

Old 02-02-2016 | 12:48 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

Semi rant....
holy sh*t, it only took two and an half years to fix some of these basics, if this update works. Harley is experiencing downturn in sales, wonder why??
lol.. Harley must have fired the Hungarian retards who built this software.

US companies need to use other American/Asian companies for this kind of stuff, especially when this motorcycle tech is this new.
(again apologies for the rant.)

P.S. looks like is is a good update. glad I updated the sw on the sled.

Last edited by oakmossy; 02-04-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2016 | 01:03 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oakmossy
Semi rant....
holy sh*t, it only took two and an half years to fix some of these basics, if this update works. Harley is experiencing downturn in sales, wonder why??

US companies need to use other American/Asian companies for this kind of stuff, especially when this motorcycle tech is this new.
I actually am happy that they fixed it.

Old 02-02-2016 | 01:07 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by oakmossy
Semi rant....

Hungary gets hit with some shrapnel lol

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-02-2016 | 01:19 PM
Womack
Tourer

I downloaded the new software and I have to say so far it's the best update to date. The AVC seems to work better on my bike and the volume is also better, once again , so far so good.
Swomack

Last edited by Womack; 02-02-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2016 | 03:03 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer

I haven't had a chance to fully test the latest update. Almost wish they would give us something similar to Apple/Android Car play on these. For what it is, the stereo isn't bad, just the software.

Old 02-02-2016 | 08:09 PM
Ozbernie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I'll help.

First, did you extract the .zip file? The download is a compressed file. The actual file that your bike looks for is the .iso file. Right click on the .zip file in your computer, and see if one of the choices you get is "Extract all". If so, do that. Then copy the .iso file to your USB stick. It should work.
Thanks Idahohacker. Much appreciated I will try this. It is the 4.3 software update Im using, and followed the same procedure as with the v1.19.1 update.
What Im finding strange is that the bike wont accept this update . Thanks for your patience folks and I apologise if I took things off topic a bit.

Old 02-02-2016 | 08:29 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Ozbernie
Thanks Idahohacker. Much appreciated I will try this. It is the 4.3 software update Im using, and followed the same procedure as with the v1.19.1 update.
What Im finding strange is that the bike wont accept this update . Thanks for your patience folks and I apologise if I took things off topic a bit.
Make sure you download the correct version.

If you have the BOOM Box 4.3 Infotainment system, you should download the "Standard Radio" file.

If you have the BOOM Box 6.5GT Infotainment system, you should download the "Premium Radio" file.

If you're using the correct download, make sure you can see the swdl_boombox_6.5GT.iso or corresponding 4.3 file. If you can't see this in your USB thumb drive, it won't work.

If you're using the correct download, and you can see that file in your USB thumb drive, then it should work.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 02-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016