Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016 | 06:07 PM
Covert Olds
Road Captain

Originally Posted by zigzag930
Just purchase a '16 RGU a few weeks ago and recently took a nice long ride. One of the reasons for my upgrade was the "capabilities" of the 6.5 Infotainment system, which I did not have on my Roadking.

So, after spending a few hours figuring out how to make my Nav system follow the route I wanted (using HD Route Planner), we set out for our trip.

1st thing I noticed (as the navigation prompt volume was originally too low), I missed the turn prompt. So I pressed "REPEAT" and get nothing. I look on the screen for some indication of what the next turn should be and nothing there to indicate how far to turn, where to turn... nothing.

We stop for a break and have the radio on, navigation STOPPED. After about 10 mins, the volume on the radio drops (like someone has turned it down) for about 10 seconds, then comes back to previous level. The radio did this several times and on various channels.

Anyway, we ride on and enjoy the trip on our new bike.

I call HD (factory) after reading some posts on here about others having problems with 19.2. They tell me to take the bike to my dealer, even after I ask about the reported problems with the 19.2 SW.

Today, I bring my bike into the dealer. I tell them exactly what's going on. They keep the bike for a few hours and then tell me they don't find anything wrong. WHAT? Did you even listen to what I told you it was doing???? The dealer seemed clueless on the this system and any related problems.

The tech said, probably a software problem and I should wait for another release. He could not downgrade the system to a previous version and had no idea when the next sw release will be. Very frustrating.

As I know there are others having similar problems, I was wondering if anyone has contacted MOCO directly regarding these issues? Anyone know what the escalation procedure is for getting problems resolved with HD?

Thanks.
A list of all the software versions for the 6.5 can be found in this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-1-19-2-a.html

Old 06-06-2016 | 06:33 PM
zigzag930
Advanced

Thanks, trying to d/l now, will install in next few days and test.

Last edited by zigzag930; 06-06-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2016 | 06:44 PM
Covert Olds
Road Captain

Originally Posted by zigzag930
Thanks, trying to d/l now, will install in next few days and test.
Wouldn't open for me on a computer but would with my phone so l downloaded the version l wanted (1.19.0) to my phone then transfered it to my laptop via usb cord. Then saved the file to a thumb drive.

Old 06-13-2016 | 01:15 PM
jkane13
Tourer

Very long thread! I searched and did not see this. Hope it's not a repeat.

I listen to Pandora over Bluetooth pretty much all the time. I was kind of hoping the new "return to last input after power off and on" would leave it on the Bluetooth setting all the time. No such luck.

Instead ... it is worse. It always comes up on FM. I guess this is because Bluetooth has not started up yet and connected to my phone. I wish it would just continue to listen for it and wait instead of going back to FM. Put up a message saying waiting for Phone to connect or something like that. That is how it worked before, so no surprise.

My new problem is that I pick home, media, phone and connect and then Pandora plays for a just a couple of seconds. It jumps back to FM! I have to go through all the menu settings a second time after starting up to get it back to Pandora over Bluetooth. Not EVERY time, but most of the time. It seems to happen the most when Pandora doesn't start up right on my phone. I get through home, media, and phone selection followed by Silence. Go to my phone and start Pandora again. 2 seconds of music, and BAM! Back to FM so I can start again. Home, Media, Phone name, and then it starts playing music.

I consider this a new bug!

Old 06-13-2016 | 01:38 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jkane13

I listen to Pandora over Bluetooth pretty much all the time. I was kind of hoping the new "return to last input after power off and on" would leave it on the Bluetooth setting all the time. No such luck.

Instead ... it is worse. It always comes up on FM. I guess this is because Bluetooth has not started up yet and connected to my phone. I wish it would just continue to listen for it and wait instead of going back to FM. Put up a message saying waiting for Phone to connect or something like that. That is how it worked before, so no surprise.

My new problem is that I pick home, media, phone and connect and then Pandora plays for a just a couple of seconds. It jumps back to FM! I have to go through all the menu settings a second time after starting up to get it back to Pandora over Bluetooth. Not EVERY time, but most of the time. It seems to happen the most when Pandora doesn't start up right on my phone. I get through home, media, and phone selection followed by Silence. Go to my phone and start Pandora again. 2 seconds of music, and BAM! Back to FM so I can start again. Home, Media, Phone name, and then it starts playing music.

Then consider yourself lucky if you have only 1 new bug to replace an old bug with the update.

I find that with every new "fix", 2 or more bugs are created. So your 1 for 1 is actually a "neutral".

Old 06-13-2016 | 01:43 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by jkane13

Latest update takes longer to completely initialize. You're having to start it over again because it isn't fully initialized when you start it the first time. Not really a new "bug" just another perceived issue because of how slow the BCM/Infotainment interface runs. Faster hardware is probably the only fix unless they can find a way to make the initialization process about 8x more efficient...

Old 09-18-2016 | 01:48 PM
twincaman
Novice
Default Forward Reverse Control

I upgraded to version 19 and the skip forward reverse control stopped working with USB tunes. Just downloaded v. 20 and the issue persists. Anyone else notice this?

Old 09-18-2016 | 04:11 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by twincaman
I upgraded to version 19 and the skip forward reverse control stopped working with USB tunes. Just downloaded v. 20 and the issue persists. Anyone else notice this?
Boom Owners Manual

See Figure 57 below.
Make sure yours is set to "Seek".

The following users liked this post:
twincaman (11-12-2016)
Old 09-18-2016 | 10:04 PM
sammer4u
Tourer

I had asked this already and have not received any help. How do you do a infotainment reset? I can get to the screen for a reset but have no idea which portion needs to be reset? Plus just the last two days the system looses memory of the shuffle command, it always has to be reselected. Plus it will hang up (freeze) after a song and not go further till the bike is shut down. That is very annoying, and assume a reset would take care of that. Oh and I now get the no playable media screen. Any help with how or what to reset would be very helpful. I use a usb thumb drive for my music 99% of the time.

Old 09-19-2016 | 10:45 AM
14cvoultra
Tourer

The reset you want is # 6 A near the bottom of the list.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016