Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016 | 09:48 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Stepped back to the 9.1 yesterday while on the road, had the Flash Drive with me. Booted up faster and repeat function worked perfectly. Did notice less information on the GPS screen, places (parks, lakes) that were identified under the 9.2 update were not identified under the 9.1, that was a nice feature. Also when I shut down it returned once to USB and the next time to FM, I always listen to the USB music. I sure wish they'd get this right...
You can go to Home> Setup> Navigation Setup> Appearance> POI Icons and add whatever you want to display.

The following users liked this post:
IUOE ROB (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016 | 12:01 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Stepped back to the 9.1 yesterday while on the road, had the Flash Drive with me. Booted up faster and repeat function worked perfectly. Did notice less information on the GPS screen, places (parks, lakes) that were identified under the 9.2 update were not identified under the 9.1, that was a nice feature. Also when I shut down it returned once to USB and the next time to FM, I always listen to the USB music. I sure wish they'd get this right...
You can change how much and what categories show up in the settings.

IUOE ROB (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016 | 05:35 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Thanks dawg and steaks...funny thing was I never changed any of the display settings, the new information just started appearing after I updated to .2 and disappeared when I went back to .1. I'll try to change the display settings and see if the names come back.

Old 04-26-2016 | 06:59 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Thanks dawg and steaks...funny thing was I never changed any of the display settings, the new information just started appearing after I updated to .2 and disappeared when I went back to .1. I'll try to change the display settings and see if the names come back.
Glad to help Rob,
I like to do a factory reset before I do a new upgrade. Seems it is cleaner that way and then I put my settings back the way I like them. I have had very little problems with any of the updates and attribute that reset to part of it.

Old 06-04-2016 | 06:21 PM
zigzag930
Advanced
Default 1.19.2 problems - dealer clueless

Just purchase a '16 RGU a few weeks ago and recently took a nice long ride. One of the reasons for my upgrade was the "capabilities" of the 6.5 Infotainment system, which I did not have on my Roadking.

So, after spending a few hours figuring out how to make my Nav system follow the route I wanted (using HD Route Planner), we set out for our trip.

1st thing I noticed (as the navigation prompt volume was originally too low), I missed the turn prompt. So I pressed "REPEAT" and get nothing. I look on the screen for some indication of what the next turn should be and nothing there to indicate how far to turn, where to turn... nothing.

We stop for a break and have the radio on, navigation STOPPED. After about 10 mins, the volume on the radio drops (like someone has turned it down) for about 10 seconds, then comes back to previous level. The radio did this several times and on various channels.

Anyway, we ride on and enjoy the trip on our new bike.

I call HD (factory) after reading some posts on here about others having problems with 19.2. They tell me to take the bike to my dealer, even after I ask about the reported problems with the 19.2 SW.

Today, I bring my bike into the dealer. I tell them exactly what's going on. They keep the bike for a few hours and then tell me they don't find anything wrong. WHAT? Did you even listen to what I told you it was doing???? The dealer seemed clueless on the this system and any related problems.

The tech said, probably a software problem and I should wait for another release. He could not downgrade the system to a previous version and had no idea when the next sw release will be. Very frustrating.

As I know there are others having similar problems, I was wondering if anyone has contacted MOCO directly regarding these issues? Anyone know what the escalation procedure is for getting problems resolved with HD?

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2016 | 07:37 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by Udawg
Glad to help Rob,
I like to do a factory reset before I do a new upgrade. Seems it is cleaner that way and then I put my settings back the way I like them. I have had very little problems with any of the updates and attribute that reset to part of it.
Glad I could contribute. This forum has been invaluable for my own needs and information.

Old 06-06-2016 | 09:47 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by zigzag930
Just purchase a '16 RGU a few weeks ago and recently took a nice long ride. One of the reasons for my upgrade was the "capabilities" of the 6.5 Infotainment system, which I did not have on my Roadking.

So, after spending a few hours figuring out how to make my Nav system follow the route I wanted (using HD Route Planner), we set out for our trip.

1st thing I noticed (as the navigation prompt volume was originally too low), I missed the turn prompt. So I pressed "REPEAT" and get nothing. I look on the screen for some indication of what the next turn should be and nothing there to indicate how far to turn, where to turn... nothing.

We stop for a break and have the radio on, navigation STOPPED. After about 10 mins, the volume on the radio drops (like someone has turned it down) for about 10 seconds, then comes back to previous level. The radio did this several times and on various channels.

I call HD (factory) after reading some posts on here about others having problems with 19.2. They tell me to take the bike to my dealer, even after I ask about the reported problems with the 19.2 SW.

Today, I bring my bike into the dealer. I tell them exactly what's going on. They keep the bike for a few hours and then tell me they don't find anything wrong. WHAT? Did you even listen to what I told you it was doing???? The dealer seemed clueless on the this system and any related problems.

The tech said, probably a software problem and I should wait for another release. He could not downgrade the system to a previous version and had no idea when the next sw release will be. Very frustrating.

As I know there are others having similar problems, I was wondering if anyone has contacted MOCO directly regarding these issues? Anyone know what the escalation procedure is for getting problems resolved with HD?

Thanks.
Look at the bright side zig, at least the technician did not note on your invoice "user error" like they did on mine when I was unable to save any GPS locations (which was eventually resolved with an update).

Old 06-06-2016 | 01:52 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by zigzag930

Thanks.
New user? Sorry, but

Seriously. Steep learning curve & most complaints are due to user not setting things correctly (like low prompt volume?). Spend some time in the driveway & learn the system. You'll have less issues on the road.

And the dealers/mother ship DO NOT have any experts that can provide correct, concise answers regarding Infotainment system issues. Ask any of them how many routes the Nav can store; you'll get a blank stare or dead silence on the phone. BTW - correct answer is up to 17 routes with up to 100 waypoints for each route. The answer is in the manual.

Old 06-06-2016 | 02:02 PM
HD16Lmtd
Advanced

Zig, had similar issues with my '16 Limited.
Have to increase volume of voice prompts under settings.
When my volume decreased, I found it was due to incoming messages from my iPhone (texts and reminders) either via Bluetooth or when directly plugged into the bike.
I took another trip today using the Boom Nav as well as the Waze app on my iPhone for comparison. As another poster mentioned, to get things the way you want will take some practice in the garage/driveway. Got mine pretty close to how I want it. Hope you do the same!

Old 06-06-2016 | 05:17 PM
zigzag930
Advanced

I have the nav prompts up loud already. Phone was not connected (by USB or bluetooth). GPS was not navigating, so not sure why the volume is raising or lowering.

I appreciate the input. Have read the manual (it leaves much to be desired), but I am very tech savvy. I have figured out most of what the manual does not explain. The only Infotainment issues I still have are this volume issue and S/W related issues a) no REPEAT prompt function and b) no visual NEXT TURN information.

Does anyone have either of these two things working with 19.2?

Originally Posted by HD16Lmtd
Zig, had similar issues with my '16 Limited.
Have to increase volume of voice prompts under settings.
When my volume decreased, I found it was due to incoming messages from my iPhone (texts and reminders) either via Bluetooth or when directly plugged into the bike.
I took another trip today using the Boom Nav as well as the Waze app on my iPhone for comparison. As another poster mentioned, to get things the way you want will take some practice in the garage/driveway. Got mine pretty close to how I want it. Hope you do the same!

HD16Lmtd (06-06-2016)

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016