Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016 | 06:20 AM
H-Town
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ozbernie
Bike saying ISO file is corrupted or incompatible?
How big is the memory stick? If over 32 gig, is it formatted using fat32?

Did you unzip off an Apple PC? Some guys had issuers doing that in the past.

Old 02-02-2016 | 06:27 AM
Ozbernie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by H-Town
How big is the memory stick? If over 32 gig, is it formatted using fat32?

Did you unzip off an Apple PC? Some guys had issuers doing that in the past.
16 gig usb and downloaded on Macbook

Old 02-02-2016 | 07:09 AM
TomboAT65
Tourer

No issues here doing it from an iMac. You may not have the file in the main folder, or its possible you got the 6.5 SW instead of the 4.3. Good luck

Old 02-02-2016 | 07:11 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I cant seem to get my 14 SG to upload the new software. Any ideas?
I turn on the ignition to accessories and hold the odometer button down for 2 seconds and nothing. Any ideas?
Yeah, I have an idea, do a search! Your problem has been hashed over hundreds of times and there's solutions to your issue posted in many locations and on many different threads, all you have to do is spend a little time and "SEARCH" for it. These threads are for information about the new update, what it does or doesn't do, not about "why can't I get it to work". Every time there's a new software update we get 15 pages of comments, 12 pages of "why won't it load", "it doesn't work for me", on and on and 3 pages about the actual topic, in this case the new software update. Sorry to be so harsh but search is your friend, good luck with your problem!

Old 02-02-2016 | 08:21 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

I cant seem to get my 14 SG to upload the new software. Any ideas?
I turn on the ignition to accessories and hold the odometer button down for 2 seconds and nothing. Any ideas?
I'll help.

First, did you extract the .zip file? The download is a compressed file. The actual file that your bike looks for is the .iso file. Right click on the .zip file in your computer, and see if one of the choices you get is "Extract all". If so, do that. Then copy the .iso file to your USB stick. It should work.

Old 02-02-2016 | 08:43 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2015UltraLimited
After completing the update and going through two complete ignition cycles, the music picked up exactly where it left off on my iPod in both instances.
Do you use bluetooth or usb?

Old 02-02-2016 | 08:58 AM
2015UltraLimited
Tourer

I used the USB cable.

Old 02-02-2016 | 09:01 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

If you can, download the file to your desktop, if not, after downloading, go to the download folder and move it to the desktop, you can right drag it to the desktop and select move here.

Then, while on the desktop, extract or extract all (windows 10) to the desktop.

Then you can copy the file, not the text file, to the USB by doing the same procedure, in the Explorer window, right drag the extracted file from the desktop to your, 16G USB drive and this time select copy here.

This procedure allows you to keep the latest download on your desktop and still have it placed on your USB. If you have any issues you can delete it from your usb and re copy it, or if you've done this in the past, and are still having a problem, you can copy 19.1 from your desktop. (like your own restore)

I keep the current and the previous download on my desktop as a safeguard in case there is an issue with the newest update.

(Downloading with a satellite ISP is an issue because I am allocated only a limited amount of data each month, so i don't re download again unless i have explored all the other options.)

After midnight, my downloads are not counted in my allocation and the download went very fast, a good connection for once. But the install on the bike was also significantly faster than usual.

I did try the USB, IPOD, shut off the radio and it began again on the IPOD, but this is not the definitive test because i didn't start the bike and shut down and see if it started again on the IPOD, but since this issue was specifically mentioned in the update i am hopeful that this update did correct the starting from the last media issue

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 02-02-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-02-2016 | 09:18 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Tried that too. Switched to maps. Then powered off the infotainment system, then turned off the ignition. Nope. Still came back on with the radio.
Maps aren't 'media'. The radio, iphone music, usb music, etc., are forms of media. The maps is a program. If you had your radio on then went to maps and then shut down the bike, when you turn the bike back on it will load the previous media, which would be the radio.

Old 02-02-2016 | 09:22 AM
TodPedro
Cruiser
Default Looks good so far...

Just did the update and then turned the bike on. It went to radio for a second and then switched to the USB key for my media. I have never seen that before, so I THINK they may have finally solved my biggest complaint about the bike ( which really says how much I like my bike ) and from now on it will always go back to where I was when I turned it off. Sure hope so!

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016