Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016 | 07:55 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by us1fountain
Did those new pods help your Boom Radio boot up faster after you installed them?
Lol, I swear I posted that in my Biketronics audio system install thread, I know I did! I'm using the "Garage Talk" app. I am 100% sure that's where I posted that. I well, sorry guys.

And no, didn't help a darn bit!, lol.

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 04-14-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2016 | 08:18 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
I had the same question so I tried it real quick.

FM selected at last turn off with no USB drive in radio: 17 seconds
FM selected at last turn off with 600 song USB in radio: 17 seconds
USB selected at last turn off: 26 seconds

That's as far as I got in testing but obviously this whole delay is affected by the USB. Probably scanning it each start up or something.
Will have to try the same "tests" later today and see how our results compare.

Old 04-16-2016 | 01:54 PM
fightingmajor
Tourer

I had the original software on my 2015 RGS and hadn't messed with anything. My BT system was loud and for the most part everything was fine. Figured I'd do something dumb like updating the software on my bike. Now I have to turn my volume all the way up just to hear it when riding. Event over have with the bike off, it's not loud. For source, I'm using my iphone like I always have plugged in. I've tried with with bluetooth as well. Volume is all the way up on my phone. This kids sucks and wish I would have left well enough alone.

Old 04-16-2016 | 02:33 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by fightingmajor
I had the original software on my 2015 RGS and hadn't messed with anything. My BT system was loud and for the most part everything was fine. Figured I'd do something dumb like updating the software on my bike. Now I have to turn my volume all the way up just to hear it when riding. Event over have with the bike off, it's not loud. For source, I'm using my iphone like I always have plugged in. I've tried with with bluetooth as well. Volume is all the way up on my phone. This kids sucks and wish I would have left well enough alone.
It's no problem to go back to whatever version you like Major but there's one other thing to try first. I had a similar experience where the volume had dropped off and it just didn't sound as good as it had before. I found on mine, the cable had pulled slightly out of the helmet. When I pushed it back in all the volume came back and it sounded as it should. I have and I'm sure many others have every version of the software available if you need it. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2016 | 02:36 PM
rocknride71
Tourer

I just want a copy of the previous software. If anyone has it, I'd appreciate a link. I'm tired of my music fading in and out on me.

Old 04-16-2016 | 02:46 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by rocknride71
I just want a copy of the previous software. If anyone has it, I'd appreciate a link. I'm tired of my music fading in and out on me.
I have the following versions:
1.19.2 (latest)

If you send me a PM with your email address I will be happy to send whichever one you tell me. Sorry I don't have a link to them.

Old 04-16-2016 | 02:50 PM
rocknride71
Tourer

Originally Posted by Udawg
I have the following versions:
1.19.2 (latest)

If you send me a PM with your email address I will be happy to send whichever one you tell me. Sorry I don't have a link to them.
Sent you a PM.

Old 04-16-2016 | 04:49 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

FWIW the last version I had that was problem free was 1.18.3. At least I don't remember any problems, it's what I'm running now.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 04-16-2016 | 06:11 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fightingmajor
Make sure that your automatic volume control is turned up all the way.

Old 04-16-2016 | 06:37 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
I had the same question so I tried it real quick.

FM selected at last turn off with no USB drive in radio: 17 seconds
FM selected at last turn off with 600 song USB in radio: 17 seconds
USB selected at last turn off: 26 seconds

That's as far as I got in testing but obviously this whole delay is affected by the USB. Probably scanning it each start up or something.
I did the same tests today and my numbers were almost identical to yours til the "ACCEPT" screen showed up. I even tried with the blue tooth turned on and off on my phone and there was no difference. What ever music I had on would start playing about midway - music at 8-9 seconds in the 17 second cycle and 13-14 seconds in the 26 second cycle.

I don't have any complaints with the system but do wish the ACCEPT cycle could be sped up.

The following users liked this post:
lp (04-22-2016)

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016