Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016 | 06:41 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rotlex
Did the update the other day. No issues. I did notice one annoying thing on a ride yesterday though. When using the GPS, the "repeat" button no longer works. (Upper right corner to get the voice to repeat the last set of directions).

Anyone else notice this? Is it s known issue with this update?
Yep, had the same issue.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-30-2016 | 09:11 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

I started having problems with XM after the update. It sometimes cuts out and gives off hissing and popping noises with faint music in the background. Still shows full signal but something is wrong with the sound. After several minutes it comes back on. FM and USB looks to work just fine. This has happened 3x now in 2 days.

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:05 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by dixonk
I started having problems with XM after the update. It sometimes cuts out and gives off hissing and popping noises with faint music in the background. Still shows full signal but something is wrong with the sound. After several minutes it comes back on. FM and USB looks to work just fine. This has happened 3x now in 2 days.
Dam! That's been happening to me, I just installed an amp and speakers and thought I messed up the antenna some how. I'm going back to the last version, I had no problems with that.

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:09 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
Dam! That's been happening to me, I just installed an amp and speakers and thought I messed up the antenna some how. I'm going back to the last version, I had no problems with that.
Yep, 2-3 years [?] since the Boom system has been available and it's still 1 step forward and 2 steps backward with each update!

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:28 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior

I just did 2400 miles. I could not be happier with how everything is working now. No problems with XM.

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:51 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Interesting. The good news is now I am confident there is nothing wrong with my shiny 300 dollar XM module lol. Just need to hang on for next update so that problem is fixed and another is introduced.

Old 03-30-2016 | 12:17 PM
Red
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Rotlex
Did the update the other day. No issues. I did notice one annoying thing on a ride yesterday though. When using the GPS, the "repeat" button no longer works. (Upper right corner to get the voice to repeat the last set of directions).

Anyone else notice this? Is it s known issue with this update?
My repeat quit also!

I'm trying to figure how to turn off the u-turn prompts now.

Old 03-30-2016 | 12:17 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior

I have this issue from time to time on all software revisions. Sometimes switching to a different audio source for a short time then back to XM fixes it. Other times I have to stop and turn off the bike for a couple of minutes to get a full reboot of the system, then it is fine.

Old 03-30-2016 | 02:29 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Yep, 2-3 years [?] since the Boom system has been available and it's still 1 step forward and 2 steps backward with each update!
Running the latest 19.2 software on mine, and have no issues at all with XM reception.

Old 03-31-2016 | 08:46 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Yep, had the same issue.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
Well, while annoying, at least I know it's not just me!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016