2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016 | 08:39 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser

AM or FM Radio? What is this crazy thing you are talking about? Once you plug in a 64GB flash drive to your bike you will never listen to the radio again... 10000 songs on shuffle and no commercials...

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
Any improvement in AM or FM radio reception? Each update has made my reception worse to the point I can't get any AM stations and only FM ones that are within 5 miles of me. Not exaggerating...... And I did check the antenna tightness, etc.

Old 03-27-2016 | 09:53 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Update done. Now when I try to advance to the next song on my phone, the stereo changes input to the terrestrial radio.

Old 03-27-2016 | 10:02 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
AM or FM Radio? What is this crazy thing you are talking about? Once you plug in a 64GB flash drive to your bike you will never listen to the radio again... 10000 songs on shuffle and no commercials...
Music is great, but on a trip I like to have AM & FM available. Listening to live sports, talk shows, news etc. helps pass the time & the miles.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-27-2016 | 10:29 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Music is great, but on a trip I like to have AM & FM available. Listening to live sports, talk shows, news etc. helps pass the time & the miles.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
Yep. Gotta have it all.

Old 03-27-2016 | 03:24 PM
VinnyM
Road Master

Took my SG for it's first post-winter ride last week and my USB would not forward songs. Been covered up and plugged in since November so I decided to do the first update since it was new, took me four tries to get it right....duh. Fixed it and I just wanted to thank the guys that provided help on this thread, walked me right through it and it's appreciated!!

Old 03-28-2016 | 11:30 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Fact: I have not done the most recent update and most probably will avoid doing any further updates. Despite doing several earlier updates, my Boom 6.5 system still has a mind of it's own and is less than 100%. As recently as Saturday, I took my '14 Ultra for a quick trip to the gas station to dilute the winter Sta-Bil mixture. On start up the audio remained off as I had set it earlier in the season. On restart at the gas station, audio arbitrarily had switched to FM [and I assure you, I had NOT switched audio on]. Furthermore, I'm tired of re-inputting all my settings which seem to get wiped out with each software update. Shockingly, no one has yet brought a Class Action lawsuit for Harley's failure and callous disregard to address these problems.

Sarcasm: I've found the best way to get the Boom audio to behave is to approach the bike with your left hand on your stomach and right hand on your head. Spin around three times upon reaching the bike. Turn the on-off switch 3 times while sticking your thumb in your left ear. Hold your breath and start the bike. Maybe, just maybe, the audio will work thereafter [but don't count on it].

And let's be clear, my gripe is with the audio system [which I understand tons of owners are either accepting of, despite it's shortcomings, or lucked out by not having any problems with]. In spite of the audio system, the bike is awesome!

Old 03-29-2016 | 08:00 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by skyflyer
After the update I also have to manually select bluetooth to reconnect with my phone if I shut the bike off.
Delete your BT pairing completely from both the bike & the phone, then repair. Should fix your problem.

Old 03-29-2016 | 11:32 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior

installing update today lets see how it goes!

Old 03-29-2016 | 12:49 PM
Chipster27
Advanced

Oddly, I downloaded the 19.2 update. I do the update on the bike and it still shows 19.0. I get all the screens confirming its doing the update, but when it's complete I still have the old version.

I give up....

Old 03-30-2016 | 06:24 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser

Did the update the other day. No issues. I did notice one annoying thing on a ride yesterday though. When using the GPS, the "repeat" button no longer works. (Upper right corner to get the voice to repeat the last set of directions).

Anyone else notice this? Is it s known issue with this update?

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016