2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016 | 07:46 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master

Any improvement in AM or FM radio reception? Each update has made my reception worse to the point I can't get any AM stations and only FM ones that are within 5 miles of me. Not exaggerating...... And I did check the antenna tightness, etc.

Old 03-11-2016 | 08:17 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Are you letting the radio seek the stations, or tuning manually?

I find that I can manually tune in way more stations than the radio finds.... good strong stations that it skips right over.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-12-2016 | 07:27 AM
Polock48
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 68 XLCH
Rode about 150 miles yesterday, and the boom worked flawlessly. Each start it went to my last device, i had an iphone 6S, the 4S just as a media player and an ipod, or Sirius, no issues.

Two times i turned the radio off and when it started the bike flashed the accept button and immediately turned off as i had done prior to shut down. When i powered the boom on it went to my last device, never to AM, FM or WB.

I updated my nav software also and noticed some additional information.

I am pleased with the system.
Where did you get the Nav software update?

Old 03-12-2016 | 09:25 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Polock48
I assume he meant the map data, and not the "software".

The following users liked this post:
Polock48 (03-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2016 | 09:41 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Polock48
The link below will take you to HD infotainment site where you can get your Boom updates. Also if you look down the page you will see NAVI Extras

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...otainment.html

This is the direct link for Navi Extras:

https://harley-davidson.naviextras.com/shop/portal

You will have to create an account and download the Navi Extra software (which is free) so that you can get the Nav updates.

My suggestion is to read all of the tutorials so that you understand the process of how to get your NAV map updates.

I believe that all are entitled to one free update (not positive), CVO gets 3 free updates.

But after you create your account and follow the instructions a list of maps will be displayed and if you are entitled to a free update it will be listed as Free.

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 03-12-2016 at 09:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Polock48 (03-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2016 | 09:54 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

No free update unless you have a CVO. Everybody else pays.

Old 03-12-2016 | 10:05 AM
Beak
Road Master

After I did the Boom Software v1.19.2 for the CVO premium on my CVO Street Glide, I took it out for a ride. Thought it sounded a little different, figured it was just my mind playing with me. Rode it for a couple of hours, came back to the garage and listened with the motor off. Definitely didn't sound the same as it had. Started checking the audio menu and found the fader had been moved all the way to the rear speakers. Their is a line on the screen for the middle. I have never touched this adjustment, I have looked at it and knew it was their, but never adjusted it. I moved it back to the middle and it sounded like it always did. Not sure if its a coincidence or if its just one of those electronic gliches that happen, but I didn't notice it until the upgrade. Just an FYI, something to check if yours sounds different.

Old 03-26-2016 | 11:46 PM
rocknride71
Tourer
Exclamation

Finally got to take a long ride today and test out the update. My stereo doesn't sound as loud as before. It's also fading front left to rear right and vice versa. Never did that before. The system isn't cranked loud either. The USB picks up where it left off but the next song isn't always the same artist. The last song by that artist I listened to, whatever the beginning letter of that song was it goes in alphabetical order to the song that would come after (different artist) but it doesn't always do this after the bike is shut off and turned back on. It seems to depend on the length of time the bike's been off. Sometimes it plays the same artist I had originally picked. I also have issues w/ the bluetooth on the bike. I have to manually go in and select bluetooth on for the phone after the bike is shut down. It used to find my phone automatically before. Now I have to manually go in every time and select it. I also had issues w/ the Nav today as well. Had me on a wild goose chase. Had me going one way and I turned too soon. So I turned around to get back on the original route. Which told me to be on the road that I had turned back onto. It recalculated a few different times and just had me almost going in circles. Drove me crazy! It finally got me back to where I needed to be but instead of the quickest it seemed to take the longest. I'll keep testing w/ roads I frequently travel to see what the deal is.

Old 03-27-2016 | 06:12 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer

Originally Posted by greg09997
The lesson I learned, is save the previous version, incase this one blows up on you
I'm a dummy ... would you kindly tell me how to save the previous version?
Thanks!

Old 03-27-2016 | 07:43 AM
skyflyer
Road Captain

After the update I also have to manually select bluetooth to reconnect with my phone if I shut the bike off.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016