Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016 | 05:01 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by YPD485
Harley has had and continues to have problems with the Boom System. There's no doubt about that.

What is awfully strange is that some systems have different problems, instead of the same problems across the board. For instance, some systems, the AVC works and others don't, some systems lock up and others don't, etc. They have some kind of bug in their system that Harley just can't seem to get figured out. Probably would require contracting with some software engineers that can analyze the problems and supply the cure.
Just for the record, I used to roll my eyes at the Boom haters. I know the system isn't great but just deal with it.

As someone that has been in technology for 25 years, having different bugs with different units is the worst kind of problem. I think that someone like Kenwood etc. would make a fortune selling a direct replacement that has all of the weatherproof qualities of the stock radio with all of the features (that actually work) that people are looking for in the Boom unit. I'd pay a grand without thinking about it.

Old 02-29-2016 | 05:14 PM
gwellis
Tourer

I must be one of the lucky ones! We take big trips on our sleds, 1 each (Wife and I). I create back road routes that cover 4000 + miles, made thumb drives full of tunes for the 2 of us, use our droid phones, and I have yet to have 1 complaint! Of course we bought our scooters out of Delux HD in Gillete WY. in November 2014 and had the whole winter to play with our systems and study the manuals so I am sure a little reading and playing goes a long way. Kind of like when micro soft changes operating systems. Or ski lift manufacturers change their control systems??? Everyone hates change or anything that is out of their norm.

Old 02-29-2016 | 05:48 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

I went out yesterday for about 200 miles. Everything that i use including the Nav, map only worked flawlessly.

In fact as of now if they don't develop another update it would be fine with me.

Stays off if you want it that way, always goes to the last song and media that was last playing and the phone connection is good.

I have not experienced any issues with the boom as of the last update.

Old 02-29-2016 | 06:09 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Those Favorite keys under the Home Screen are problematic if programmed for Media. They've always done strange things to my system if programmed for media including locking up. I haven't tried them with the new update yet and am actually afraid to. I suggest using those only for Tuner stations if you want to use them just like presets. Are you using a USB stick or iPod? The only Key I have set for Media (iPod) is the hard Favorite key on the face plate. Since the update, mine is now working as it should.
I only use a USB drive for music but yesterday I had my phone Bluetoothed to the system listening to Pandora AND the map, kinda playing around. Someone told me the Google Map on the phone, if programmed for a route and BT'ed would show up on the 6.5 GPS, it didn't but I did get the verbal directions from the phone. Again, just experimenting...I never had a major problem so I'm attributing yesterday's problem to something I did, maybe Pandora and the map were just too much. I went out today and put the bike in accessory mode and the Boom started up and seemed to work fine, hopefully I'll get out this week for a ride...Thanks!

Old 02-29-2016 | 06:47 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
I only use a USB drive for music but yesterday I had my phone Bluetoothed to the system listening to Pandora AND the map, kinda playing around. Someone told me the Google Map on the phone, if programmed for a route and BT'ed would show up on the 6.5 GPS, it didn't but I did get the verbal directions from the phone. Again, just experimenting...I never had a major problem so I'm attributing yesterday's problem to something I did, maybe Pandora and the map were just too much. I went out today and put the bike in accessory mode and the Boom started up and seemed to work fine, hopefully I'll get out this week for a ride...Thanks!
Whomever told you that the phone GPS showed up on the display was really stretching the imagination. Would be cool though. LOL!!

Old 02-29-2016 | 08:23 PM
jskicet
Cruiser
Default Sound with boom amp rear speakers

Not sure if this has been covered already, but I did notice my music not being as loud as before after the download. Seems other folks have mentioned the same thing. I played around with the auto volume sound setting ( forgot the acronym for it) a bit and I finally just turned it off and to my surprise I got back all my volume and the auto volume works perfect. Go figure. Everything else is working fine.

Old 03-06-2016 | 02:24 PM
nuttbaggerr
Tourer

Ive just finished reading the whole thread...every word...every rant...every rave...all 28 pages (so far)...based on what I patiently read, was entertained by, and also educated on I'll hazard to guess that even when they show the same specific part numbers for each of the specific head units not all 4.3s and 6.5 GTs are created equal, thus my stock audio system might not work exactly like your stock audio system...how else would it explain why the same downloaded software upgrade makes, breaks, or otherwise does very little for all the same 4.3s and 6.5s with their respective part numbers out there?

Btw....I havent done anything to my 6.5 except install a BT 2180.14 amp with TITAN 2 speakers in the fairing and a BT355 line leveler...my 6.5 indicates it has the same 1.18-series software flash that it came with as delivered new from the dealer about year ago...my tunes sound louder and more crisp but the lows arent as low as on a boom stage 2...should I upgrade to the latest HU software flash or let sleeping dogs lay?

Last edited by nuttbaggerr; 03-06-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-06-2016 | 02:30 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by nuttbaggerr
Ive just finished reading the whole thread...every word...every rant...every rave...all 28 pages (so far)...based on what I patiently read, was entertained by, and also educated on I'll hazard to guess that even when they show the same specific part numbers for each of the specific head units not all 4.3s and 6.5 GTs are created equal, thus my stock audio system might not work exactly like your stock audio system...how else would it explain why the same downloaded software upgrade makes, breaks, or otherwise does very little for all the same 4.3s and 6.5s with their respective part numbers out there?

Btw....I havent done anything to my 6.5 except install a BT 2180.14 amp with TITAN 2 speakers in the fairing and a BT355 line leveler...my 6.5 indicates it has the same 1.18-series software flash that it came with as delivered new from the dealer about year ago...my tunes sound louder and more crisp but the lows arent as low as on a boom stage 2...should I upgrade to the latest HU software flash or let sleeping dogs lay?
I running a BT 4180 with 1.19.2 with no issues.

Old 03-06-2016 | 03:47 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nuttbaggerr

Remember the Boom II WILL sound better/ fuller without engine running or standing still with engine running but from what I have read here by people who had it or have it they can't hear it at speed. (Maybe not all are having issues but some are)
What you hear going down the road at 70 plus or minus is what's important.

Old 03-06-2016 | 04:16 PM
Timpechos
Cruiser

Has anyone had the problem of advancing tracks while playing music off a thumb drive? This just started with this update.
I have had to shut the bike down and restart for the joy stick on the left to advance to the next song.

I have also had a problem before and after the update where the head unit wont see any media. Could this be the thumb drive causing this problem?

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016