Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016 | 06:13 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cobra1
I just read a report today that the number one complaint of new car owners is the infotainment system and GPS issues. Nice to know its not just Harley.
It's just the way it is when people want all the electronic goodies. There's always going to be updates.

Old 02-29-2016 | 08:35 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
[*]However, and this is where the problem is: If I select "Home", by Hard Key, then "Fav" from the Touch Screen, then touch and hold any one of the three of the currently programmed six Favorites (to change what the Favorite is for that one), this brings up a selection of: "Tuner", "Media" and "X Undefined". [/LIST]Is anyone else running into this, or noticed this?
This "undefined" screen happened to me yesterday, locked up the whole system and no matter what button I pressed or held in nothing worked. I stopped a few times and shut down the bike for awhile but no change, the screen stayed locked all the way home with no audio, nothing. In the garage now, I'll check it later and pull the main fuse if I have to. Maybe I overloaded the system, I had Pandora playing on Bluetooth PLUS I had a Google map directing me, I wanted to see if the phone navigation would cut in on the music and give me directions, it did. Going to my destination it worked perfectly, no problems but coming home I shut down the bike and left the phone playing Pandora in the TourPak, it was only a brief stop. When I restarted the bike the problems started...maybe too much for the system to handle at one time. Oh well...

Old 02-29-2016 | 10:52 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
This "undefined" screen happened to me yesterday, locked up the whole system and no matter what button I pressed or held in nothing worked. I stopped a few times and shut down the bike for awhile but no change, the screen stayed locked all the way home with no audio, nothing. In the garage now, I'll check it later and pull the main fuse if I have to. Maybe I overloaded the system, I had Pandora playing on Bluetooth PLUS I had a Google map directing me, I wanted to see if the phone navigation would cut in on the music and give me directions, it did. Going to my destination it worked perfectly, no problems but coming home I shut down the bike and left the phone playing Pandora in the TourPak, it was only a brief stop. When I restarted the bike the problems started...maybe too much for the system to handle at one time. Oh well...
Those Favorite keys under the Home Screen are problematic if programmed for Media. They've always done strange things to my system if programmed for media including locking up. I haven't tried them with the new update yet and am actually afraid to. I suggest using those only for Tuner stations if you want to use them just like presets. Are you using a USB stick or iPod? The only Key I have set for Media (iPod) is the hard Favorite key on the face plate. Since the update, mine is now working as it should.

Old 02-29-2016 | 10:57 AM
caddman
Cruiser

I upgraded last week. This morning it locked up when I fired up the bike. I had to do the system reboot (hold the power button and turn on the key) twice before it finally came back again. I was hoping it was just a fluke.

Old 02-29-2016 | 12:01 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I took the first ride yesterday with the new software installed. I have 45GB of music on a 64GB USB flash drive. The forward and back track changes don't work. Also, if I'm playing an album from one artist and shut the bike off and come back to it, it starts playing something else randomly.

How could the manufacturer of the Boom system (HK?) build such a shitty system?

Old 02-29-2016 | 12:33 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigMike
I took the first ride yesterday with the new software installed. I have 45GB of music on a 64GB USB flash drive. The forward and back track changes don't work. Also, if I'm playing an album from one artist and shut the bike off and come back to it, it starts playing something else randomly.

Blasphemy!!! Each time I question the same thing and Harley's indifference to the problem, I get flamed.

I now follow these threads to make an educated decision about whether or not I want to update my system. I'm a bit tired of re-doing all my presets because they have been wiped out by the most recent update [3 times] and/or having to re-enter GPS saved locations [twice]. I have concluded that this most recent update will evidently cure 1 or 2 problems and create multiple ones. Therefore, I have decided NOT to do the update. Your mileage may vary.

Old 02-29-2016 | 12:57 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

You need to check your settings; they changed when you loaded the new OS & will work fine again once you set your options back to where you previously had them.

Old 02-29-2016 | 01:23 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Hmmmmmm.......I've been delaying doing any updates on mine reading all the horror stories. Still up in the air if I should or not now.

Old 02-29-2016 | 04:25 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member

Harley has had and continues to have problems with the Boom System. There's no doubt about that.

What is awfully strange is that some systems have different problems, instead of the same problems across the board. For instance, some systems, the AVC works and others don't, some systems lock up and others don't, etc. They have some kind of bug in their system that Harley just can't seem to get figured out. Probably would require contracting with some software engineers that can analyze the problems and supply the cure.

Old 02-29-2016 | 04:55 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I'm pretty sure if you set your USB functions back to seek, it will work like magic.

Having to reset the options back the way the you originally set them is hardly a big task, couple of button pushes. I don't think that constitutes a shitty system.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016