2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016 | 08:38 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

The GPS receiver actually knows the date/time from the signals it receives and is typically accurate within 0.1 second.
It also knows what your location is thus time zone as well.
All the radio should need to keep track of is if you are observing DST.

Why there is even a manual clock setting in the radio... dunno. Weird.

Old 02-26-2016 | 08:54 AM
codpilot
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cycle7447
sailmotion - I don't think that is correct. Setting the DST does indeed change my gps clock. So does crossing time zones.
Well, wayy back in the 1.18x versions, changing time zones across the country had no impact on the clock. It was a manual reset all around.

I'm still peeved about the nerfing of the weather information. I'll have to load this and see if I can zoom in beyond the state level. in 1.17 it let me zoom in close enough to modify my rout to avoid the bad stuff.

Old 02-26-2016 | 11:02 AM
Prairie Shark
Cruiser

Originally Posted by steve04
Did the latest SW update and would like to do a factory reset. Is the factory reset posted somewhere and I just can't find it? Can someone point me to this procedure.

Thanks, Steve
Push and hold the Boom Audio power button and turn on your ignition. Keep holding the button until the ACCEPT screen comes up. Let go of the button and hit ACCEPT. Scroll through the menu to RESET. Choose Pre Calib. Reset.

You will have to re-pair any bluetooth devices after the reset.

Old 02-26-2016 | 01:24 PM
steve04
Cruiser

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Steve

Old 02-26-2016 | 08:52 PM
wevsspot
Tourer

Originally Posted by TOFTS
Thanks what will the Gain adjustments do and will they affect the HPF adjustment... Just trying to get a handle on this so its one time when i remove the fairing to adjust......Or i go back to older software version 19.1.1
The gain adjustments control how much voltage from the head unit passes through the LOC. If you turn the gain adjustments counter clockwise it will reduce the voltage coming out out of the LOC, if you turn the gain adjustments clockwise it will increase the voltage coming out of your LOC.

I've played with the gain control a bunch and the sweet spot for me seems to be at approximately the 2 o'clock position. At that setting the line out voltage is right at 2V with the radio at max volume.

Old 02-26-2016 | 09:04 PM
Cobra1
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

I just read a report today that the number one complaint of new car owners is the infotainment system and GPS issues. Nice to know its not just Harley.

Old 02-26-2016 | 11:20 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cobra1
I just read a report today that the number one complaint of new car owners is the infotainment system and GPS issues. Nice to know its not just Harley.
That makes complete sense too since the music/NAV system is the most subjective and user input intense system on vehicles and everybody wants something different.

Old 02-26-2016 | 11:29 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
That makes complete sense too since the music/NAV system is the most subjective and user input intense system on vehicles and everybody wants something different.
I've had some experience designing user interfaces, and in rolling out and training on new applications in a corporate environment. We were scheduling some training and one of the employees said: "Isn't this a Windows program?". "Of course". "Then why do we need training?"

At first I was kinda dumbstruck, and then the truth of the question hit me; if a new program is designed using all of the standard design elements, then learning a new one should be pretty straightforward.

I think the more accurate description of some of the angst over the BOOM system would be: "Everybody wants it to be the same as what they're familiar with, and the manufacturers make them all different".

Old 02-26-2016 | 11:34 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I've had some experience designing user interfaces, and in rolling out and training on new applications in a corporate environment. We were scheduling some training and one of the employees said: "Isn't this a Windows program?". "Of course". "Then why do we need training?"

At first I was kinda dumbstruck, and then the truth of the question hit me; if a new program is designed using all of the standard design elements, then learning a new one should be pretty straightforward.

I think the more accurate description of some of the angst over the BOOM system would be: "Everybody wants it to be the same as what they're familiar with, and the manufacturers make them all different".
Very well stated!

Old 02-26-2016 | 11:52 PM
tdkkart
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cobra1
Do you suppose it's because all of the manufacturers think they can do it better than the people who've been doing GPS for decades?? Why if you want something that works, would you not go to the people that know how to do it??

Harley wouldn't ask us to take our Harley to the Ford or Chevy dealers for service would they??

Oh wait, that may be a bad comparison.......

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016