Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016 | 12:35 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Have any of you guys been following this thread from the beginning? Have any of you guys read ANY of the host of other threads that deal with the various problems associated with the Boom audio system?

For clarification, the failure of the clock to follow DST is NOT my pet peeve; it just one more item, heaped upon all the other problems, which seems to indicate an indifference by Harley to pressure their vendor to get the system working properly once and for all. From other threads, I already realize I am in the minority thinking it is ridiculous needing to be hard-wired to the bike in order to use any of the alleged "Bluetooth" features. And, even when hardwired, it's a roll of the dice what I will be listening to once the roulette wheel of CB, weather band, AM, FM, "media" and/or intercom comes to rest. I'm particularly fond of those times I've shut the bike off listening to Brandenburg Concertos from my i-pod, only to have my eardrums shattered when the static of the weather band kicks in after startup.

As for DST, I wouldn't find it to be a burden pressing 1 button, twice a year, to adjust for it. Same as I don't find it to be a burden checking my tires air pressure before every ride, oil level about once every 2 weeks or refueling as needed. Indeed, I really don't even do the clock adjustment because here in the northeast, the riding season pretty much ends before the clocks "fall back" in November and doesn't begin before the clocks "spring ahead" in March. Therefore, I just leave it as is. For those rare rides during an unusually mild day(s) in between, I bring a laptop with me to assist in the particularly complex math associated with deducting one (1) hour from my clock's reading.

And, if you choose to put words in my mouth, please do so accurately. Nowhere have I claimed that Harley's line of bikes are "inferior"; indeed, I am overjoyed with my '14 Ultra. However, the Boom system and Harley's response [or lack thereof] to the problems? That's another story.

And I guess I'll beat this dead horse one more time - my wife's Durango [which, BTW cost about as much as my Ultra] automatically adjusts for DST.
Personally, I REALLY like the infotainment system on my Limited. A new system has quirks and it appears that this last update took care of the items that I was hoping it would.
Try turning off your Weather Band Alerts. That should solve the problem of WB coming on at start up.

Old 02-24-2016 | 12:48 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Personally, I REALLY like the infotainment system on my Limited. A new system has quirks and it appears that this last update took care of the items that I was hoping it would.
Try turning off your Weather Band Alerts. That should solve the problem of WB coming on at start up.
Not a bad idea. I think I will disable the weather alerts and only turn them on when I think I might need them. I'm sincerely glad you like the infotainment system and I'm sure that many do.

Old 02-24-2016 | 02:23 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

UPDATE: Finally got to take a ride this past weekend in 61 deg NJ weather!

No issues with the Boom. I was listening to Spotify and I Heart Radio apps mostly on my iPhone 6. Every stop, the infotainment system started back up with the previous source.

My Fav button (set to a radio station) has always worked as has the startup state.

One thing I noticed is the AVC is actually too much on the highest setting for me. I notched it back one. That's a first.

Riding alone so I didn't have a chance to use the CB at all.

Overall, I've been happy with the last couple of updates. You guys complaining should have tried the Infotainment system with the software mine came with in August of 2013!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2016 | 04:43 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member

What's this DST y'all are talking about?...and why would anyone in their right mind want to change all of their clocks twice a year?

Old 02-24-2016 | 04:48 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by White Ice
What's this DST y'all are talking about?...and why would anyone in their right mind want to change all of their clocks twice a year?
LOL!!! No kidding being that you're in Arizona!!

Old 02-24-2016 | 06:54 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I'm either very fortunate or I have low expectations. I like my infotainment system. It does everything it is suppose to do and everything hd advertising and dealer staff told me it would do.

Mine Bluetooths like it should, sounds like it should, I can answer my phone, if I so choose. It reads me my texts, the avc works. Occasionally it may go to Xm on restart instead of usb, or visa versa. Nothing that a push of a button won't fix.

I think my navigation does what it's suppose to do. I know it works. I don't depend on it though, I'm old school, I like to know where I'm going before I leave.

The Durango has an internal calender, that's why it can auto adjust for dst. It also has air conditioning, 2 more wheels and six more cylinders. Sounds like you either got your lips ripped off from Harley, or a hell of a deal from Dodge. Lol

Last edited by Dsm Limited; 02-24-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2016 | 09:40 PM
Schoondog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by offthewall

Overall, I've been happy with the last couple of updates. You guys complaining should have tried the Infotainment system with the software mine came with in August of 2013!!!!!!!!
Totally agree. Bought mine on release day in Aug of 13 and haven't upgraded to the latest and greatest yet but even 1.19.1 is light years ahead of what 1.18 was.

Old 02-25-2016 | 09:54 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior

DST doesn't bother me. AFAIK, the infotainment system doesn't even know what day it is, much less the date, so I wouldn't expect it to know when daylight savings kicks in and out.

Old 02-25-2016 | 05:06 PM
steve04
Cruiser

Did the latest SW update and would like to do a factory reset. Is the factory reset posted somewhere and I just can't find it? Can someone point me to this procedure.

Thanks, Steve

Old 02-25-2016 | 06:56 PM
CR3999
Road Captain

My Boom Box manual states the shop has to do a factory reset. I do recall something in the radio though. I"d check out setup in the menu.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016