Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016 | 07:20 PM
Cobra1
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Not really "pissed" - more frustrated. I find it intolerable and offensive for a company to market something as the greatest thing since sliced bread [and charge $1,000+ for the "upgrade"] and yet they can't get the thing to work properly
Not trying to be a smart *** but none of my vehicles' radios automatically change to DST. The GPS sats don't know the date and neither does my Harley radio. No big deal to press one setting to get proper time.

Old 02-24-2016 | 04:30 AM
Rhettm
Cruiser

Here in the UK I've set the time signal to Radio Data Service rather than GPS and DST is automatically applied. Is there an equivalent of RDS in the states you could use instead?
I have RDS active on mine, but it doesn't change the time from standard to DST. I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe and it doesn't change the time either. My wife's BMW does though.

Old 02-24-2016 | 05:06 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I have a hard time believing that having to change the time twice a year is that irritating or frustrating.

How do you see your way clear of having to check air in the tires or putting gas in it?

Old 02-24-2016 | 05:16 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I have a hard time believing that having to change the time twice a year is that irritating or frustrating.

Old 02-24-2016 | 06:35 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

How do you see your way clear of having to check air in the tires or putting gas in it?

Old 02-24-2016 | 08:20 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by Rhettm
I have RDS active on mine, but it doesn't change the time from standard to DST. I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe and it doesn't change the time either. My wife's BMW does though.
US version/implementation of RDS is substantively different than the EU version. While RDS was developed in Germany, it surprises me that the BMW time update function works here is US. Didn't know that.

Old 02-24-2016 | 09:21 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

I really cant believe how much people bitch about the things that are so simply taken care of. They all must live in their own "Perfect" world, that is till they bought their Harley and now feel its such an inferior product.

Old 02-24-2016 | 10:39 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe

I really cant believe how much people bitch about the things that are so simply taken care of. They all must live in their own "Perfect" world, that is till they bought their Harley and now feel its such an inferior product.
My sentiments exactly! Perfect example of "some people are never satisfied." I suppose it's a way of venting other problems in one's life.

Old 02-24-2016 | 10:45 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cobra1
Not trying to be a smart *** but none of my vehicles' radios automatically change to DST. The GPS sats don't know the date and neither does my Harley radio. No big deal to press one setting to get proper time.
Originally Posted by Rhettm

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Originally Posted by GlidingJoe

Have any of you guys been following this thread from the beginning? Have any of you guys read ANY of the host of other threads that deal with the various problems associated with the Boom audio system?

For clarification, the failure of the clock to follow DST is NOT my pet peeve; it just one more item, heaped upon all the other problems, which seems to indicate an indifference by Harley to pressure their vendor to get the system working properly once and for all. From other threads, I already realize I am in the minority thinking it is ridiculous needing to be hard-wired to the bike in order to use any of the alleged "Bluetooth" features. And, even when hardwired, it's a roll of the dice what I will be listening to once the roulette wheel of CB, weather band, AM, FM, "media" and/or intercom comes to rest. I'm particularly fond of those times I've shut the bike off listening to Brandenburg Concertos from my i-pod, only to have my eardrums shattered when the static of the weather band kicks in after startup.

As for DST, I wouldn't find it to be a burden pressing 1 button, twice a year, to adjust for it. Same as I don't find it to be a burden checking my tires air pressure before every ride, oil level about once every 2 weeks or refueling as needed. Indeed, I really don't even do the clock adjustment because here in the northeast, the riding season pretty much ends before the clocks "fall back" in November and doesn't begin before the clocks "spring ahead" in March. Therefore, I just leave it as is. For those rare rides during an unusually mild day(s) in between, I bring a laptop with me to assist in the particularly complex math associated with deducting one (1) hour from my clock's reading.

And, if you choose to put words in my mouth, please do so accurately. Nowhere have I claimed that Harley's line of bikes are "inferior"; indeed, I am overjoyed with my '14 Ultra. However, the Boom system and Harley's response [or lack thereof] to the problems? That's another story.

And I guess I'll beat this dead horse one more time - my wife's Durango [which, BTW cost about as much as my Ultra] automatically adjusts for DST.

Old 02-24-2016 | 12:28 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Have any of you guys been following this thread from the beginning? Have any of you guys read ANY of the host of other threads that deal with the various problems associated with the Boom audio system?
Don't get so upset fella, it's just a discussion!!!

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016