Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016 | 07:41 AM
biglew55
|
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by jjkrueg
My gps clock won't change. Last time I had the bike out was before the clocks went back an hour but the weather was great here so I got it out. Did the update but the clock was always an hour ahead, anyone else have this issue?
In the "Clock Settings" is a setting to toggle between Daylight Saving and Standard times. I think it's the first selection on the page, after the offset selection at the top.

Even on "GPS time", it doesn't automatically offset for DST/STD time.

Or give it a few weeks and it will be right again.

Old 02-22-2016 | 11:28 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by biglew55
In the "Clock Settings" is a setting to toggle between Daylight Saving and Standard times. I think it's the first selection on the page, after the offset selection at the top.

Even on "GPS time", it doesn't automatically offset for DST/STD time.

Or give it a few weeks and it will be right again.

Unlike a standard $3 digital clock which will automatically switch between DST and standard time, the Boom system must manually be switched; merely setting to DST is insufficient.

Old 02-22-2016 | 07:14 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

sailmotion - I don't think that is correct. Setting the DST does indeed change my gps clock. So does crossing time zones.

Old 02-22-2016 | 07:49 PM
jjkrueg
Tourer

I think that's the point. I changed the DST setting & it changed the gps clock to the correct time. Seems like the point of a gps clock would be to never have to touch it. Oh well, I had a hunch this was the fix but had hoped the gps would fix itself.

Old 02-23-2016 | 03:14 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by sailmotion

Unlike a standard $3 digital clock which will automatically switch between DST and standard time, the Boom system must manually be switched; merely setting to DST is insufficient.
The only way your $3 digital clock will automatically switch between DST & regular time is if it includes a calendar function (needs to know day & month at minimum) that has DST set & reverts dates defined.

The Infotainment system contains a clock, not a calendar. It knows time, not date. With nav, it also knows time zones, but still not calendar. The user must tell the system if it should use DST or not. It will correct for DST if told to use DST.

See item 5.

Old 02-23-2016 | 08:30 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by cycle7447
sailmotion - I don't think that is correct. Setting the DST does indeed change my gps clock. So does crossing time zones.
See post #225, instruction #5.

Old 02-23-2016 | 08:41 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammz
The only way your $3 digital clock will automatically switch between DST & regular time is if it includes a calendar function (needs to know day & month at minimum) that has DST set & reverts dates defined.

The Infotainment system contains a clock, not a calendar. It knows time, not date. With nav, it also knows time zones, but still not calendar. The user must tell the system if it should use DST or not. It will correct for DST if told to use DST.

See item 5.

Sorry. I guess $3 was an exaggeration - but how about $8.75?
Amazon.com - XREXS Large LCD Digital Timer Foldable Desktop Tabletop Calendar Temperature Digital Alarm Clock(silver) - Amazon.com - XREXS Large LCD Digital Timer Foldable Desktop Tabletop Calendar Temperature Digital Alarm Clock(silver) -

...and I'm not sure which GPS system you are using, but it appears that all my GPS units correctly state date as well as time and location [that is, except the Boom 6.5].

Old 02-23-2016 | 08:58 AM
plongson
Road Master

Sounds like someone just wants to be pissed off...

Take a page from Easy Rider and throw your time (watch) away...

Old 02-23-2016 | 09:11 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by plongson
Sounds like someone just wants to be pissed off...

Take a page from Easy Rider and throw your time (watch) away...
Not really "pissed" - more frustrated. I find it intolerable and offensive for a company to market something as the greatest thing since sliced bread [and charge $1,000+ for the "upgrade"] and yet they can't get the thing to work properly.

And I have taken a page from Easy Rider - I don't wear a watch [but I do confess that I can get the time from my cell phone if it's urgent].

Old 02-23-2016 | 04:55 PM
paulmj
Tourer

Here in the UK I've set the time signal to Radio Data Service rather than GPS and DST is automatically applied. Is there an equivalent of RDS in the states you could use instead?

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016