Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016 | 02:34 PM
Boat Racer
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wevsspot
For those having issues with any of the update fixes "sticking", it never hurts to reset your radio to factory defaults after the software update.

I treat the radio kind of like I treat my other "smart" technology. If I update a BIOS, firmware or software I usually reset to factory defaults after the flash. Helps clear up conflicts sometimes.
Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try. I tried an earlier suggestion (to prevent the lock up of the display when starting the motor) of first accepting the disclaimer before starting the motor but that didn't help. It still locked up on start up for me sometimes. Hopefully resetting the radio to the factory defaults will solve this annoying issue.

Old 02-17-2016 | 02:36 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Hey RRP, if it were just a change in the audio EQ you probably could have compensated for that with the BT line levelers. You could have turned the HPF frequency down and probably restored all of your lost bass and mids.

Of course that doesn't fix your other problems.
how do you adjust this on the line levers TIA

Old 02-17-2016 | 03:37 PM
john31224
Advanced

Re the link posted in #188 to my Google drive share. There appears to be some concern about the 6.5GT software containing viruses or bugs. I can assure you that the zips were all clean when I put them up so no need to say proceed at your own risk or similar warnings.

The following users liked this post:
Bruce00 (07-07-2016)
Old 02-17-2016 | 03:38 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Hey RRP, if it were just a change in the audio EQ you probably could have compensated for that with the BT line levelers. You could have turned the HPF frequency down and probably restored all of your lost bass and mids.

Of course that doesn't fix your other problems.
Good Idea. I may play with that some more..... I already tweaked it some when I did the install, turning the bottom end up & the top end down.

The latest version mentions something about fixing audio "pumping & surging" or something like that. I'm guessing that's the problem... it's fixing something I don't have.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-17-2016 | 10:58 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Originally Posted by john31224
Re the link posted in #188 to my Google drive share. There appears to be some concern about the 6.5GT software containing viruses or bugs. I can assure you that the zips were all clean when I put them up so no need to say proceed at your own risk or similar warnings.
Hey John it is google that states that in a Pop up not us but you would have to be an idiot in this day and age not to worry about a virus when down loading a file... then google drive's pop up warns you about it.

But thank for keeping the old updates good thinking.

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:55 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Exclamation

For ***** & giggles, is it possible to insert a poll in an existing thread? I would be curious to see if those who hastily chose to do the update are now regretting doing so and wish they had NOT done the update in the first place. I am evidently in the minority when it comes to believing it is a disgrace that Harley has not been able to exert enough pressure on their software vendor to get these issues resolved once and for all.

Old 02-18-2016 | 03:32 PM
wevsspot
Tourer

Originally Posted by TOFTS
how do you adjust this on the line levers TIA
The BT355 has four adjustment pots on the unit.

Gain LC
Gain RC
HPF LC
HPF RC

You can independently adjust the HPF (high pass frequency) on each channel.

Turning the set screw counter clockwise lowers the HPF (allowing more power in the lower frequency ranges).

Turning the set screw clockwise increases the HPF (allowing less power in the lower frequency ranges).

Remember that the frequency adjustments are on a slope. The more you adjust one way or another either increases or decreases the power in the lower frequency ranges.

Old 02-18-2016 | 05:00 PM
john31224
Advanced

Originally Posted by TOFTS
Hey John it is google that states that in a Pop up not us but you would have to be an idiot in this day and age not to worry about a virus when down loading a file... then google drive's pop up warns you about it.

But thank for keeping the old updates good thinking.
For sure - I was just trying to allay any fears about downloading the files. No problem, I thought that they might prove useful.

Old 02-18-2016 | 06:42 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

The BT355 has four adjustment pots on the unit.

Gain LC
Gain RC
HPF LC
HPF RC

You can independently adjust the HPF (high pass frequency) on each channel.

Turning the set screw counter clockwise lowers the HPF (allowing more power in the lower frequency ranges).

Turning the set screw clockwise increases the HPF (allowing less power in the lower frequency ranges).

Remember that the frequency adjustments are on a slope. The more you adjust one way or another either increases or decreases the power in the lower frequency ranges.
Thanks what will the Gian adjustments do and will they affect the HPF adjustment... Just trying to get a handle on this so its one time when i remove the fairing to adjust......Or i go back to older software version 19.1.1

Old 02-18-2016 | 10:36 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member

I downloaded the new software today and went on a 2 hour ride. The biggest improvement for me was listening to music, iPhone and FM, through the HD headset. Big improvement over the last 2 software updates.

Last edited by zoozoo; 02-18-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016