Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016 | 11:18 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
No, not Harley parts, as I posted. I just wanted people with similar systems, and there are a LOT of them, to know what they might be in for. Also, no other update has affected my audio.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
I was being sarcastic.

If you're not a computer nerd you probably wouldn't get the connection. Back in the day, whenever Microsoft released an update, any of their competitor's software would suddenly not work. They deliberately "broke" it. So, given the same mindset, it would be the same as if Harley released an update and suddenly all the other audio aftermarket equipment suddenly stopped working.

Old 02-16-2016 | 12:55 PM
abwell
Intermediate

I'm going to say this quietly...dare I say it at all...left the latest ver (.2) loaded after all of the back and forth from yesterday wore my pea brain out. Both myself and the bike slept last night and so far today, it seems the audio gods blessed it. As of today 12:30pm EST it was working just as it's supposed to, or at least the stated fixes seem to be performing as intended.
There I've said it!! Logic is defied and I hope it didn't hear me type this or I'm doomed...again!

Originally Posted by abwell
UPDATE:
Starting from scratch didn't change a dang thing except I got a little older during the process.

Greg, ironically my fav button works perfectly with ver 1.19.1.1 I might just have to stay with that one.
If I switch it off while on the tuner, on start up, the tuner starts up but then flashes over to the iPod. With ver 1.1 at least when it does this it's just a quick fav button push to get back to the radio. On the other hand, it could be the old gen iPod I'm using because the system starts up on tuner then auto switches to the iPod. I'm going to try some media files on the USB stick and see if it changes anything. As I said, the SMS fix is neither here nor there but it was useful to get the inbox message notification icon to show up and the auto-reply to work. Oh well, I thought I could have it all...guess I was wrong again.

Old 02-16-2016 | 02:57 PM
Chinashop bull
Tourer

I'm less than happy with the upgrade.

While it mostly connects back to the last used media when restarted, there have been many occasions where it endlessly loops through trying to read from my iphone 6+ or displaying the selected track but not outputting any music.

Before the upgrade, when I tried to select a artist, or song, from the A to Z list, it would take a while to enable selection while it was reading from my phone. This would only occur on the first such attempt after startup, now it occurs almost every time. Perhaps they reduced the buffer size that stores song and album lists with the upgrade.

Old 02-16-2016 | 04:13 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chinashop bull
I'm less than happy with the upgrade.

While it mostly connects back to the last used media when restarted, there have been many occasions where it endlessly loops through trying to read from my iphone 6+ or displaying the selected track but not outputting any music.

Before the upgrade, when I tried to select a artist, or song, from the A to Z list, it would take a while to enable selection while it was reading from my phone. This would only occur on the first such attempt after startup, now it occurs almost every time. Perhaps they reduced the buffer size that stores song and album lists with the upgrade.
I noticed before that it would continuously loop to try to read the media source whenever I had a "Favorite" button from the home screen set to a media source; not the hard Favorite key. I haven't tried that yet with the new update nor do I think it's necessary either. I think those other Favorite keys are useful only for tuner stations since once you're in media from the hard Favorite key, the presets there can be set to Playlists.

Old 02-16-2016 | 04:38 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TOFTS
Is there a trick to getting them to download TIA

EDIT
BTW Thanks for the link your google drive and i think i figured it out
I'm using Firefox - Click on the icon for the download you want. A white box opens, showing the two items in the folder. Look above that to the black bar. In the bar will be a download arrow, next to the Google Drive 'recycle' icon. Click the download arrow. You will get a message that Google Drive can't scan it for viruses because it's too large.

Continue at your own risk

Old 02-16-2016 | 05:12 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member

double tap

Old 02-16-2016 | 08:09 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Originally Posted by White Ice

Continue at your own risk
Yea that kinda made me i scanned it with norton for whats that worth and got it downloaded

Old 02-17-2016 | 10:14 AM
wevsspot
Tourer

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Installed the latest update & lost a LOT of bass & low/mid on my system. That system being BT 7.1s, MM651s, BT4180 amp, LL's, etc. Also noticed that the "repeat" function on the NAV stopped working.

Back to 1.18.3 & everything is good again.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
Hey RRP, if it were just a change in the audio EQ you probably could have compensated for that with the BT line levelers. You could have turned the HPF frequency down and probably restored all of your lost bass and mids.

Of course that doesn't fix your other problems.

Old 02-17-2016 | 10:17 AM
wevsspot
Tourer

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Sounds like Microsoft's old strategy: "Windows isn't done until Netscape won't run."
That's a priceless quote and oh so true. Nice to see some old timers around that remember what the PC world was like back in the mid 90s.

Old 02-17-2016 | 10:21 AM
wevsspot
Tourer

For those having issues with any of the update fixes "sticking", it never hurts to reset your radio to factory defaults after the software update.

I treat the radio kind of like I treat my other "smart" technology. If I update a BIOS, firmware or software I usually reset to factory defaults after the flash. Helps clear up conflicts sometimes.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016