2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016 | 06:10 PM
abwell
Intermediate

Ok, starting from scratch...AGAIN. Did the lastest update and all seemed fine with the fixes, INITIALLY. Now however it seems that some of the "fixes" have reverted back to old habits. For example...
Fav button won't hold after setting a fav.
Radio off state DOES NOT remain after ignition cycle.
One of the things that seemed to be fixed was the SMS/Auto-reply issues. The one thing that I really don't care whether it works or not.
Reverted back to 1.19.1.1 (FAV button works) then back to 1.19.2 and it crapped the bed again. Not understanding why the fixes worked when I first did the update but didn't hold them and still (obviously) displayed the latest version.
I've reformatted the USB drive and done a fresh download from the HD site. Now I'll go back to 1.19.1.1 then do the upgrade to .2 again and see what happens. Quite frustrating but that's computers for ya.
If anybody has any fresh ideas I'm all ears.

Old 02-15-2016 | 06:46 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior

I have given up all hope of the Fav button ever working as it should. Now, it doesn't bother me as much

Old 02-15-2016 | 07:03 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Installed the latest update & lost a LOT of bass & low/mid on my system. That system being BT 7.1s, MM651s, BT4180 amp, LL's, etc. Also noticed that the "repeat" function on the NAV stopped working.

Back to 1.18.3 & everything is good again.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...
Noticed also that the repeat function on NAV doesn't work. But so far, the update has let the pre-select switch operate with one movement, instead of 2. So for me, that's a big win.

But like always, 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Just the nature of the beast.

Old 02-15-2016 | 07:10 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Installed the latest update & lost a LOT of bass & low/mid on my system. That system being BT 7.1s, MM651s, BT4180 amp, LL's, etc. Also noticed that the "repeat" function on the NAV stopped working.

Back to 1.18.3 & everything is good again.

Wait, are those Harley parts? No?

Sounds like Microsoft's old strategy: "Windows isn't done until Netscape won't run."

Old 02-15-2016 | 07:16 PM
abwell
Intermediate

Originally Posted by abwell
Ok, starting from scratch...AGAIN. Did the lastest update and all seemed fine with the fixes, INITIALLY. Now however it seems that some of the "fixes" have reverted back to old habits. For example...
Fav button won't hold after setting a fav.
Radio off state DOES NOT remain after ignition cycle.
One of the things that seemed to be fixed was the SMS/Auto-reply issues. The one thing that I really don't care whether it works or not.
Reverted back to 1.19.1.1 (FAV button works) then back to 1.19.2 and it crapped the bed again. Not understanding why the fixes worked when I first did the update but didn't hold them and still (obviously) displayed the latest version.
I've reformatted the USB drive and done a fresh download from the HD site. Now I'll go back to 1.19.1.1 then do the upgrade to .2 again and see what happens. Quite frustrating but that's computers for ya.
If anybody has any fresh ideas I'm all ears.
UPDATE:
Starting from scratch didn't change a dang thing except I got a little older during the process.

Greg, ironically my fav button works perfectly with ver 1.19.1.1 I might just have to stay with that one.
If I switch it off while on the tuner, on start up, the tuner starts up but then flashes over to the iPod. With ver 1.1 at least when it does this it's just a quick fav button push to get back to the radio. On the other hand, it could be the old gen iPod I'm using because the system starts up on tuner then auto switches to the iPod. I'm going to try some media files on the USB stick and see if it changes anything. As I said, the SMS fix is neither here nor there but it was useful to get the inbox message notification icon to show up and the auto-reply to work. Oh well, I thought I could have it all...guess I was wrong again.

Old 02-15-2016 | 08:17 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Wait, are those Harley parts? No?

Sounds like Microsoft's old strategy: "Windows isn't done until Netscape won't run."
No, not Harley parts, as I posted. I just wanted people with similar systems, and there are a LOT of them, to know what they might be in for. Also, no other update has affected my audio.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-15-2016 | 09:10 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

UPDATE:
Starting from scratch didn't change a dang thing except I got a little older during the process.

Greg, ironically my fav button works perfectly with ver 1.19.1.1 I might just have to stay with that one.
If I switch it off while on the tuner, on start up, the tuner starts up but then flashes over to the iPod. With ver 1.1 at least when it does this it's just a quick fav button push to get back to the radio. On the other hand, it could be the old gen iPod I'm using because the system starts up on tuner then auto switches to the iPod. I'm going to try some media files on the USB stick and see if it changes anything. As I said, the SMS fix is neither here nor there but it was useful to get the inbox message notification icon to show up and the auto-reply to work. Oh well, I thought I could have it all...guess I was wrong again.
Like i said the jury is still out on this new update my fav button worked at first now cannot even set it it jumps to FM randomly on starting the bike/system were did you get the older version? Im thinking i would go back if i had it.
has anyone tried putting the CVO update into premium Boom? same version but maybe it would work?

Last edited by TOFTS; 02-15-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2016 | 09:15 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 02-15-2016 | 10:25 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

UPDATE:

Very weird. My FAV button randomly lost its memory with all the updates until this one. It works as it should now. I use that feature all the time too so needless to say, I'm happy to see it working correctly. I do notice that sometimes when I start, it goes to tuner but quickly goes back to media within seconds and that's where it was when I shut it down. It's almost like it takes the iPod a bit longer to be initialized at times.

Old 02-15-2016 | 11:10 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Originally Posted by zoozoo
Is there a trick to getting them to download TIA

EDIT
BTW Thanks for the link your google drive and i think i figured it out

Last edited by TOFTS; 02-15-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016