Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016 | 08:21 PM
merdahl
Road Master

Originally Posted by plongson
Just tested mine and it works fine just hitting the start button and NOT letting the "BOOM" boot. No problem here...
How many times?
I can do that as well and it usually comes up ok, but sometimes not.
If I let it go to the accept screen, it always comes up as it should.
We know that not all Boom boxes are created equal, some work better than others. What makes it difficult is wading thru all of the misc. information from various sources using different techniques then reporting "facts" that are not necessarily true.
Like I said earlier, do what you want. Mine is one of the ones that works well. Yes, the fader did not seem effective for a time. Yes, I had the map zoom issue and yes I got bad turn information occasionally. Waiting for the accept button got me consistent startups and no intermittent, flaky behavior. Happy camper here.

Old 02-12-2016 | 08:23 PM
merdahl
Road Master

Originally Posted by us1fountain
I don't have a USB stick, could I plug my laptop directly to the bike to update?
No, that won't work.

Old 02-13-2016 | 01:34 AM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master

I just hit the starter for a long time, then I let it go through its process -- not a problem either way -- will re-read the manual to see what they recommend.

Old 02-13-2016 | 03:11 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by us1fountain
I don't have a USB stick, could I plug my laptop directly to the bike to update?
Nope . . . go to Amazon.com or similar and buy a cheap 8GB but no larger than 32 GB USB Flash Drive. Search for "8gb usb flash drive" and you'll find quite a selection . . . many for less than $1.00

Old 02-13-2016 | 03:28 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Joltergeist
If I don't wait, my front wheel doesn't get completely round, and I wobble all over until I hit Accept...

Easy solution, I am truely shocked you're not aware of it: When you park your bike at the end of the day; take a minute or two and coat the tire completely with used 50W Oil. Now this is also important; the oil must be Synthetic if it is a Radial Tire and Dino if Bias Ply. If by chance you're running a Car Tire (shame on you) you'll need to use Vaseline. In any case, this simple procedure keeps the Tire soft and pliable so that it doesn't become un-round. I've not heard anything from anyone who has tried this. Thus, I would have to assume that it fixes whatever the problem is. Naturally as Harley says in the owners manuals, and I quote: " . . . a potentially hazardous situation which if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury" . . . . so be advised!

Old 02-14-2016 | 08:16 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by wenterkin
Perchance did they return the side tone to the intercom/CB ?
I would also like the answer to this question. Anyone know?

Old 02-15-2016 | 01:02 PM
Maddog94
Cruiser

Anyone had any more issues with the Biketronics Line leveler? I have delayed installing the update to see how everyone's overall thoughts were. Did it make it better/worse?

Old 02-15-2016 | 02:10 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Originally Posted by Maddog94
Anyone had any more issues with the Biketronics Line leveler? I have delayed installing the update to see how everyone's overall thoughts were. Did it make it better/worse?
I installe the update a while age no issues with line levers and I have 2...Now as far as the software update the jury is still out IMO

Old 02-15-2016 | 03:03 PM
Maddog94
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TOFTS
I installe the update a while age no issues with line levers and I have 2...Now as far as the software update the jury is still out IMO
Thanks.

Old 02-15-2016 | 03:34 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Installed the latest update & lost a LOT of bass & low/mid on my system. That system being BT 7.1s, MM651s, BT4180 amp, LL's, etc. Also noticed that the "repeat" function on the NAV stopped working.

Back to 1.18.3 & everything is good again.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016