Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016 | 11:54 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
No, I did not wait for the accept screen before starting. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that the next time I take it for a ride and see if it resolves this annoying issue.
That's the problem. Kind of annoying, especially if you're riding with a group and everyone but you has started up and is ready to go. I flip the ignition over to accessory as I'm putting on my helmet and gloves and by then it's booted up and at the Accept screen.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 02-11-2016 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jeet (03-28-2016)
Old 02-11-2016 | 12:41 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

The problem there is when you hit the starter, the stereo reboots anyways, so you are not solving any actual issue, only the ones you perceive...

I never wait, and mine is functions perfect. As soon as the fuel pump shuts down, I hit the go button.

Only problem I had in the past was stereo wanting to start on FM when I had it on iPod..
The new update seems to have solved that.

Old 02-11-2016 | 01:32 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
The problem there is when you hit the starter, the stereo reboots anyways, so you are not solving any actual issue, only the ones you perceive...

I never wait, and mine is functions perfect. As soon as the fuel pump shuts down, I hit the go button.

Only problem I had in the past was stereo wanting to start on FM when I had it on iPod..
The new update seems to have solved that.
Ya but it doesn't completely shut down when you hit the starter. It actually takes about 30 seconds for a complete shutdown of the infotainment system once you power down. I get what you're syaing though and you haven't had a problem by starting before complete boot up so it sorta shoots down the wait theory.

Old 02-11-2016 | 02:20 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
That's you're problem. Kind of annoying, especially if you're riding with a group and everyone but you has started up and is ready to go. I flip the ignition over to accessory as I'm putting on my helmet and gloves and by then it's booted up and at the Accept screen.
Not buying it.

I have never once waited for the accept screen.
Not sure why or who started that myth.

Step 1: Turn ignition to on
Step 2: Hit start button
Step 3: Get on and ride off

Within a few seconds the accept screen pops up, and you just push the right joy stick button in, which functions as "accept".

Absolutely no need to sit and wait for the boom system to completely boot up.

Old 02-11-2016 | 03:14 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Not buying it.

I have never once waited for the accept screen.
Not sure why or who started that myth.

Within a few seconds the accept screen pops up, and you just push the right joy stick button in, which functions as "accept".

I'm glad to be hearing this because I've always waited for the Accept screen. Mine did quirky things if I didn't wait for it like not recognizing that there's a media connected, freezing and sometimes not booting up at all. I ended up with a new head unit replacement under warranty and this one seems to be working perfectly since the update so I will try it that way next time I ride.

Old 02-11-2016 | 03:42 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Not buying it. I have never once waited for the accept screen. Not sure why or who started that myth.
Same here, turn key, wait for the fuel light to go out and hit start, sometimes I see Accept before the start and sometimes after, doesn't seem to matter which and I haven't had problems other then the very occasional (2-3 times) freeze. If the update fixes the boot to FM problem I'm a happy camper!

Old 02-11-2016 | 03:52 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Same here, turn key, wait for the fuel light to go out and hit start, sometimes I see Accept before the start and sometimes after, doesn't seem to matter which and I haven't had problems other then the very occasional (2-3 times) freeze. If the update fixes the boot to FM problem I'm a happy camper!
I don't wait on it to start the engine either. I just noticed it takes twice as long to bring up Accept as it did on 19.1. At least that's the case with my SGS.

Old 02-11-2016 | 04:05 PM
caberto
Road Master

The only issue I've had in the past is that the bike would switch to FM at startup when the last thing I was listening to was the USB. With this latest update, that seems to have been resolved.

Like others, I don't wait for the splash screen. I wait for the fuel pump to stop, then hit the start button. The Accept button comes on eventually and I press the right toggle to "Accept". That used to be a little annoying before this latest update because I was unable to change the source back to Media until after I hit the Accept button, but after more than 300 miles since the update I haven't had that issue.

Old 02-11-2016 | 05:07 PM
Rasconzo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rasconzo
I cannot get this update to work for me. No matter what I do, and since I have never had this issue in the past... I am growing increasingly frustrated.

Here is where I am before the trolls start rolling on me.

Using a macbook pro
6gig memory stick formatted to MS-DOS (FAT32)
I have downloaded the correct file (swdl_boombox_6.5GT.1.19.2) since I have a Road Glide Special with the 6.5 set up

Every time I try the update... "The ISO image on the attached USB is corrupt or incompatible".

Either I am missing something of this USB stick is trashed.

Open to helpful ideas on the matter.
Long story short, was doing everything right... But my USB drive was failing me.
I don't know if it was due to the size or the fact it was a cheap drive to begin with, but after ordering a $10 Sandisk 32gig 3.0 USB drive from Amazon, the install went flawlessly.

Old 02-11-2016 | 05:09 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member

Since the newest update mine has been randomly switching from Media (iPod nano) to the tunes in my Android phone. When I try to switch it back it resumes playing on a different song. When this happened yesterday, I stopped, shut the bike off then restarted - the media then began playing from the iPod exactly where it originally left off. This update seems like 3 steps backward.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016