Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016 | 11:02 AM
Boat Racer
Intermediate
Angry New software update glitch???

I downloaded and installed the software update on my 2016 FLHTK without any issues but I think I found a glitch in the software. Yesterday, I took the bike out for a ride for the first time since the new update was installed. Twice the start screen locked up on me (just the HD logo and the clock). The first time it cleared itself after a few minutes of riding. Then after I shut the bike off for an hour or so, when I started it back up the start up screen locked up and wouldn't clear itself no matter how many buttons I pushed until I hit the Info button and then it changed to the Info screen and locked up there. I pulled over, shut the bike down and waited a minute or so and then started it back up. After a minute or so, the system booted up normally and then I was able to navigate through the system normally. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Old 02-10-2016 | 11:54 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
I downloaded and installed the software update on my 2016 FLHTK without any issues but I think I found a glitch in the software. Yesterday, I took the bike out for a ride for the first time since the new update was installed. Twice the start screen locked up on me (just the HD logo and the clock). The first time it cleared itself after a few minutes of riding. Then after I shut the bike off for an hour or so, when I started it back up the start up screen locked up and wouldn't clear itself no matter how many buttons I pushed until I hit the Info button and then it changed to the Info screen and locked up there. I pulled over, shut the bike down and waited a minute or so and then started it back up. After a minute or so, the system booted up normally and then I was able to navigate through the system normally. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Ya, the reason I installed the new version is for the splash screen fix. However, it is worst than before, now at times the splash screen will reappear after start up, and I have to wait for the BT to connect once more. Going back to 1.19.1 now.

Boom! Box 6.5GT
Date Released: 02/01/2016
Version: 1.19.2
Change Log:
Issues Fixed:
Radio Fixes
- Radio off state remains after ignition cycle.
- Splash screen takes too long to disappear Takes longer now!!
- Blank menu buttons in high contrast mode
- CB channel and other text difficult to read in high contrast mode
- Road Glide Picon cut off
- Auto-reply nonfunctional after enabling in menu
- Auto dimming day/night transitions faster

Audio Fixes
- Audio quality "pumping" and "surging" improved.

Media Fixes
- Last media source remains after ignition cycle
- Favorite hard key not persisting with USB media after ignition cycle

Navigation Fixes
- GPS Time Incorrect (Incorrect time zone adjustment)

Old 02-10-2016 | 06:20 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member

I put about 150 miles on over 2 days with the latest update. Haven't noticed that problem yet.

Old 02-10-2016 | 06:40 PM
Cab Lizzard
Advanced

Never had a problem did the first update on a 2014 last week.
Stuck on the accept screen.
I have never used anything except the GPS on this bike. Now the radio will not turn off.

Old 02-10-2016 | 07:00 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior

I've had really good luck with this version. I've got just under 400 miles, with the current version 1.19.2.
My Favorite button doesn't work like I was expecting, but I think thats operator error

Old 02-10-2016 | 07:19 PM
dspencer
Road Captain

I've had good results too. I didn't do the other couple updates and waited for this one. So far I'm pleased.

Old 02-10-2016 | 10:03 PM
merdahl
Road Master

Do you wait for the accept button and click it before starting the bike?

Old 02-11-2016 | 06:04 AM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser
Default Freezing up

I had the same problem with a previous update. Dealer reset the radio and it worked fine after that. Looking forward to getting my bike out of storage when the weather improves and installing the new update. Hope there is an improvement!

Old 02-11-2016 | 10:49 AM
Boat Racer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by merdahl
Do you wait for the accept button and click it before starting the bike?
No, I did not wait for the accept screen before starting. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that the next time I take it for a ride and see if it resolves this annoying issue.

Old 02-11-2016 | 10:56 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Am I the only one who finds it ludicrous that for every 1 step forward we find ourselves 2 steps backward toward getting this alleged miracle of technology working properly?

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016