2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016 | 09:45 PM
wheelman38
Tourer

I'm trying to do the update. Followed the instructions to the point where it asked if I wanted to download the new software. The usb is already connected. Now it says connect the usb to finish the install.
The screen stays frozen with that message. I pulled the fuse once to reboot the process. Same stuff. I used macbookpro and a formatted usb.
Any thoughts?

Old 02-05-2016 | 11:19 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

Performed the update on my 6.5 Boom. While almost everything seems to work . . . I've found one exception on mine.

A few points:
  1. The "FAV" Hard Key can be programmed to whatever Media is active at the moment. I have no issues with setting the "FAV" Hard Key!
  2. Note, and this is important! If I select "Home" either by the Hard Key or the Touch Screen and then select "Media" it shows my Flash Drive, my iPhone and my iPad as being connected. The iPhone and the iPad are shown with the Bluetooth symbol, as being connected via Bluetooth. (Duh!)
  3. By selecting any of these three items from here they will become active and work just fine.
  4. However, and this is where the problem is: If I select "Home", by Hard Key, then "Fav" from the Touch Screen, then touch and hold any one of the three of the currently programmed six Favorites (to change what the Favorite is for that one), this brings up a selection of: "Tuner", "Media" and "X Undefined". If I now select "Media", none of my Bluetooth Media is shown. No iPhone, no iPad. The Flash Drive does show. FWIW: If I select "Tuner" instead of "Media" I can select from "FM", "AM" or "WB". If instead of "Media" or "Tuner" I select "X Undefined" it goes nowhere.
  5. It appears that I cannot program any Bluetooth connected device as a "Favorite". Or to put it another way the only things I can program; as one of the six Favorites are: A Flash Drive connected to the USB Cable, "FM", "AM" or "WB"
  6. To get a Bluetooth device up and running I can select "Home" then "Media" and then the Bluetooth Device. While this really isn't any more difficult than scrolling through "Home" then "Fav" and then selecting one of the six Favorites, I believe, based on my Owner's Manual, that you should be able to program a Bluetooth Device as a Favorite.
Is anyone else running into this, or noticed this?

Last edited by Bluehighways; 02-05-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:27 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Performed the update on my 6.5 Boom. While almost everything seems to work . . . I've found one exception on mine.

A few points:
  1. The "FAV" Hard Key can be programmed to whatever Media is active at the moment. I have no issues with setting the "FAV" Hard Key!
  2. Note, and this is important! If I select "Home" either by the Hard Key or the Touch Screen and then select "Media" it shows my Flash Drive, my iPhone and my iPad as being connected. The iPhone and the iPad are shown with the Bluetooth symbol, as being connected via Bluetooth. (Duh!)
  3. By selecting any of these three items from here they will become active and work just fine.
  4. However, and this is where the problem is: If I select "Home", by Hard Key, then "Fav" from the Touch Screen, then touch and hold any one of the three of the currently programmed six Favorites (to change what the Favorite is for that one), this brings up a selection of: "Tuner", "Media" and "X Undefined". If I now select "Media", none of my Bluetooth Media is shown. No iPhone, no iPad. The Flash Drive does show. FWIW: If I select "Tuner" instead of "Media" I can select from "FM", "AM" or "WB". If instead of "Media" or "Tuner" I select "X Undefined" it goes nowhere.
  5. It appears that I cannot program any Bluetooth connected device as a "Favorite". Or to put it another way the only things I can program; as one of the six Favorites are: A Flash Drive connected to the USB Cable, "FM", "AM" or "WB"
  6. To get a Bluetooth device up and running I can select "Home" then "Media" and then the Bluetooth Device. While this really isn't any more difficult than scrolling through "Home" then "Fav" and then selecting one of the six Favorites, I believe, based on my Owner's Manual, that you should be able to program a Bluetooth Device as a Favorite.
I've never seen the "Undefined" selection. BTW, programming the FAV key worked before with all the other updates except that it didn't retain the programmed memory after ignition cycle. That seems to be fixed now. I had problems with the other 6 Favorite selections under the HOME screen when programming those for Media before. My media devices would never initialize if I had those keys programmed for Media. I've yet to try it with this new update.

Old 02-06-2016 | 04:53 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by wheelman38
I'm trying to do the update. Followed the instructions to the point where it asked if I wanted to download the new software. The usb is already connected. Now it says connect the usb to finish the install.
The screen stays frozen with that message. I pulled the fuse once to reboot the process. Same stuff. I used macbookpro and a formatted usb.
Any thoughts?
Two points to making it work:

1) the USB drive must contain the uncompressed (unzipped) ISO file in the root directory
2) the USB drive should be formatted as FAT32

Mac/Apple users have the most problems getting this to work. I suspect it's because the default format for Mac/Apple product drives is HFS+ which will not work with the Infotainment system.

Last edited by Hammz; 02-06-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 07:15 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammz
Two points to making it work:

1) the USB drive must contain the uncompressed (unzipped) ISO file in the root directory
2) the USB drive should be formatted as FAT32

Mac/Apple users have the most problems getting this to work. I suspect it's because the default format for Mac/Apple product drives is HFS+ which will not work with the Infotainment system.

All USB Flash Drives come Pre-Formatted and ready to use.
So, there is really no reason to format one. You can just delete any data stored on them if you want.

But Hammz is correct, if you are using a Mac to format one be sure and select the MS Dos (FAT) option.
Don't use the default Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

I am all Mac at home, and use both Mac and Windows at work.
I've never had any issues updating the infotainment system using my Mac

Old 02-06-2016 | 09:03 AM
wheelman38
Tourer

Thanks to you Mac guys. I'll go back and try to square it away.

Old 02-06-2016 | 09:29 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Bluehighways

A few points:
You can Bluetooth a phone and an iPad at the same time?

Old 02-06-2016 | 09:46 AM
wheelman38
Tourer

That what is! Formatted as FAT and radio recognized the sub.
Thanks you all.

Old 02-06-2016 | 11:08 AM
biglew55
|
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker

I have connected 2 phones at the same time, but only one as a phone profile, and the other under media profile. The phone and ipad would probably be the same scenario.

Old 02-06-2016 | 01:29 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Yes. I have both my iPhone and my iPad "Paired" with my 6.5 Boom System. I can be playing music from either the iPhone or the iPad (or from any Media Source for that matter) and if I receive a phone call through the iPhone I can answer it through my Head Set. If I want to make a phone call, I can do that as well without shutting off the Media Source for the music. I can make a phone call using either voice commands (which is the easiest for me) or using the screen menu, if I wanted to. The 6.5 Boom System will automatically mute the music when I use the iPhone as a Telephone no matter what the music source is, even if the source of the music is the iPhone or the iPad. The only "Tricks" to this whole thing; is that the iPhone, or iPad has to be close enough to the bike to connect to the 6.5 Boom System (and it can actually be farther away than I'd have thought) and the application on the iPhone or iPad has to be active when you select it as a Media Source through the 6.5 Boom System.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 02-06-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Boom Software v1.19.2 2/1/2016