Sponsored by:

riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 05:06 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Xb9rumble
Danner boots. All leather and American made!
I was just looking at Danner. Most of their boots are made in China now. So people should check, to make sure they are buying USA made.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
I have these, Amazon.com: Harley-Davidson Men's Colonel Boot,Black,7 M US: Shoes . Had them for a few years now and still pretty comfortable.

And FWIW, Harley brand boots are made by Wolverine, which also makes Bates. So might be able to find some similar types through either of those.
Yep and, FWIW, all appear to be Chinese.

http://www.bootedman.com/wiki/doku.php?id=boot.reviews

Old 01-31-2016, 06:54 AM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of choices...I use Milwaukee riding boots...

The main thing is....

Make sure they do not have metal decorations all over them, metal lace eyelets or badges etc., especially on the inside....

You will eventually drag your tired leg over your bike and your boot will scrape on your bike!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:23 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

As a last word favoring North American boots; "bespoke" offerings are a valid method by which our makers of footwear, men's suits, etc., compete against talentless, cheap foreign labor and machines. You can have a local shoe repair shop, or original builder, modify and customize most quality lasted North American made boots to your liking and, because of their multiple sole longevity, this personal indulgence can be worth the price to the discriminating among us. This feature isn't totally exclusive to NA builds and it i$n't within everyone's reach, but it nonetheless remains one of the ways in which quality prevails.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:00 AM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Most Harley gear

It's a Shame that someone in Harley-Davidson thinks we as Harley people want MADE IN CHINA or other Countries instead of USA , Pull down and look at Tags where made most stuff made Elsewhere not USA !!! But (Bean ) Counters loose my money on that . I figure some people would buy Harley's if made in Elsewhere other the in Our Country, not me !!! Someone Needs to shake Em up , because we will stand behind USA Made Products and pay for them , Yapinize, bikes don't Cost $30,000. Never looked but will not buy them , to me there still Bic Lighters !

Old 01-31-2016, 08:49 AM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/russe...sturgis-model/

Hand Made for your foot. Made in Wisconsin.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:57 AM
brokefootkenny
Road Captain
Received 165 Likes on 67 Posts

i too noticed that the red wings i use to buy were now made in china. wolverine seems to have gone that way also. thats probably why red wing stopped handing out the little U.S. flag badges they gave you for your laces. you can still find these manufacturers with made in u.s.a. shoes/boot styles, but you have to look at the label sewn onto the tongue.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:25 AM
Second Wind
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Ariat fan here.
Ive wore Cowboy boots since i as a kid and have had many different brands but Since Ariat hit the market I gave them a try and there great. I wear them for work, casual, riding, there a little pricy but a pair of there work boots I can get a good 2yrs out of them.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:35 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by gwellis
http://www.russellmoccasin.com/russe...sturgis-model/

Hand Made for your foot. Made in Wisconsin.

Made from "German Elk?" I assume it is imported

But I really like these boots!!! Maybe next pair will be from Russell

Old 01-31-2016, 10:13 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 131 Posts

I got a pretty good deal from HD dealer on a cowboy style boot, on the discount table, paid 85 dollars (204 list), nice leather etc., didn't even look at anything but the size etc., just checked, made in China.

I have been using Rocky black tactical boots for ridding and they are really comfortable. Then in the PX i bought the same style boot in tan camo. This is an Army issue boot, being phased out for a newr style camo boot, so they were selling off their inventory. Paid 55 dollars, just looked inside, made in the Dominican Republic.

Quick Reply: riding boots