Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley sales

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Racin929
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Yea I havent seen one yet. Mine expires in Sep.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:18 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Haven't heard of this yet. Is it an ESP?
Yes it is esp there was a thread on this subject a few weeks back on here

Old 01-23-2016, 01:19 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Racin929
Yea I havent seen one yet. Mine expires in Sep.
You can only get it with the purchase of a new bike.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:47 PM
charmn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
Well,I have done my part over the last 55 years of riding by trying to keep Harley in business.
Turn 76 years old tomorrow and will be in Daytona with my 2015 FLHXS for the 75th aniversary

Old 01-23-2016, 02:18 PM
rwven
Road Master
Received 233 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondGear
The real problem I have with Harley is that this American company should lead and innovate much more than they do. Why aren't they the world leader in motorcycle innovation? Why haven't they diversified more? Why not have dirt bikes, adventure bikes and cafe bikes? How can a company like KTM go from being bankrupt and out of business for 10 years to having bikes that swept Dakar this year?
I couldn't agree with this paragraph more. What really sucks is that they had 2 divisions in house that were providing that kind of innovation and they let them go.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

I love my bike all the while accepting its pretty much second rate vs any other make be it Jap or BMW or the likes. A lot of times i drool over a bike with up to date functionality and technology. The touring line cost as much as or more than a fully loaded mid size sedan or compact. That is a problem for many. The question is does HD consider its product a luxury item? By the pricing i can say yes.

Lets face it the Shadows from Honda are superior in every way performance and handling wise to any Sporty or Dyna. When you buy a Kawi, Honda, BMW or Yamaha you don't have to upgrade anything off the showroom floor unlike HD who put there bikes on the floor with crap suspensions and performance stock wise. For the price HD sells there bikes for we should not have to upgrade anything.

Its laughable that HD came out with the Street's. They can't run with the Jap starter line performance bikes or are even close. HD need to get away from the sell and upgrade model into a model thats good off the showroom floor. Of all the bikes I've owned the only brand i had to make ride and perform well was Harley's. If i drop 20k+ on a motorcycle i shouldn't have to spend a penny more to make it mine. The exhaust sound should be awesome, the ride should be awesome and the performance should be awesome.

The future market is not me i.e. a baby boomer and HD in order to survive must be able to produce a product that millennial and beyond are attracted to. I'm looking for a new bike to replace my relic Sportster. I know i'd be more satisfied from a quality and performance standpoint from just about any model other than a Harley.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
Lets face it the Shadows from Honda are superior in every way performance and handling wise to any Sporty or Dyna.....

I know i'd be more satisfied from a quality and performance standpoint from just about any model other than a Harley.
On paper they win hands down. Where they come up short and why HD will get my money for the foreseeable future, is that Harley's are far more "pleasurable" to ride. It's why we like our protein from a juicy steak rather than healthier supplements. It feels good to our senses, not just looks good on a engineers slide rule.

As for "quality" I'd say the fit and finish on Harley's are generally among the best in the industry. Shocks should be better for what we pay and I've owned and enjoyed almost every other manufacturer of motorcycle over the past 30 years. They make great bikes, but I ride every day and the bike I'm happiest on 98% of the time is a Harley because it is the most pleasurable to ride. That is "performance" that matters to me.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:02 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,359 Likes on 5,499 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
You can only get it with the purchase of a new bike.
Not sure where you get your information . They have had extend service plans for used Harleys for years....

"The Extended Service Plan (ESP) covers new motorcycles for seven years and covers used Harley® motorcycles for up to five years. And the best part is that repair costs are "locked in." All you'll ever pay is the $50 deductible for covered repairs per visit, not per repair. Now that's a good deal."

Just one link to explain it but there are plenty more.

http://www.destinationharley.com/har...tended-service

Old 01-24-2016, 07:09 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by smitty901
Not sure where you get your information . They have had extend service plans for used Harleys for years....

"The Extended Service Plan (ESP) covers new motorcycles for seven years and covers used Harley® motorcycles for up to five years. And the best part is that repair costs are "locked in." All you'll ever pay is the $50 deductible for covered repairs per visit, not per repair. Now that's a good deal."

The $1 esp is what i was saying. MoCo has been sending out emails LIKE THIS ONE *$1 H-D™ ESP offer is available only to customers who receive the offer and purchase a 2016 or earlier, new and untitled H-D® touring motorcycle (excluding CVO™ and Trike models, demos, rentals, COV, and fleet). The offer is not transferable to any other consumers or redeemable for cash. $1 cost applies only to the standard 5-Year term H-D Extended Service Plan. You may be able to purchase additional terms and/or Tire and Wheel protection at an additional charge. Offer is not available in Florida. The ESP purchase does not have to be financed. Refer to the ESP contract for terms and conditions.
n sending out emails

Last edited by jd05flhtci; 01-24-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:15 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by smitty901

And yes i know they have been offering an esp i have purchased one on my last few hds

Quick Reply: Harley sales