Sponsored by:

Speakers - Hertz or BT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 10:53 AM
sub_squoch
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMM48
I've not used the Diamond amp but I've heard good things about it. I just don't want to comment on something I haven't personally tried. The reason I went with Arc is because of its small size, great power and it fits in the front fairing with no issues.
Apparently the diamond fits good also. I will have to check the specs on both amps and compare them - I'm still torn!!!

Old 01-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Trixter
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How are you mounting these amps is there a bracket you can buy.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:58 AM
sub_squoch
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Trixter
How are you mounting these amps is there a bracket you can buy.
Other can chime in with way more detail, but I think I read in a thread somewhere that it depends upon the amp/size. Sounds like the smaller class d amp fits in a 'compartment' in the fairing while other larger amps will need a bracket. I plan on figuring this out after I decide on an amp!!

Old 01-16-2016, 03:48 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sub_squoch
We're you considering anything else before going with the hertz? Wat amp are you using?

Yes the game plane was to install the BT 7.1 I purchased the 2180 package, then I herd the Millies so I ordered them also, I read the Mille's had a little more base, so I will try both and see what ones I like better.

I have the BT2180, BT brackets, and the LL, I have not done the install yet I'm in no hurry right now with the weather, plus I would like to see if anyone is going to come out with a good double din face plate to change out my head unit.

Last edited by TcHunter; 01-16-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:32 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by sub_squoch
Other can chime in with way more detail, but I think I read in a thread somewhere that it depends upon the amp/size. Sounds like the smaller class d amp fits in a 'compartment' in the fairing while other larger amps will need a bracket. I plan on figuring this out after I decide on an amp!!
The amps mount on top of the radio tray in most cases.

Last edited by hbsoldier3; 01-16-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:37 PM
sub_squoch
Intermediate

So I kind of changed direction and am going with the diamond micro 4v2, hertz SPL SP165 drivers, hertz SPL ST25 horns and BT line levelers. Cam, the guy I'm getting the gear from, swears that I do not need the BT pods/brackets and that the hertz work perfect with the stock pods. I'm going to remove my stock mirrors and put the horns in the (modified) mirror holes. Ordering soon!

Old 01-16-2016, 08:46 PM
BMM48
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't be disappointed with Hertz. I'm that confident of it I will buy that setup from you for another project Im about to start if you don't like it!

Old 01-16-2016, 08:55 PM
sub_squoch
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMM48
You won't be disappointed with Hertz. I'm that confident of it I will buy that setup from you for another project Im about to start if you don't like it!
That's bold - I like that! I feel confident in that set-up after a lot of research, vid watching and talking with cameron. Now we will see if I will really wait until next year to change the HU and add bag speakers (maybe this year yet?)! New D&D Fat Cat going on this year and some LEDs too so we will see what the cash situation looks like!

Old 01-17-2016, 12:21 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Yea, I'm guessing your talking about Cam from Bad Azz Bikes, what a great guy, he will set you straight.

Any chance the speakers may be the SPL SV165?

Did he say to mount the speakers on the outside or inside of the pods?

The reason I ask, I know some guys were having problems mounting on the outside of the pods with certain speakers.

The rubber around the outside of the speaker was getting squished between the pod and either the grill or the fairing and damaging the speaker.

So people were modifying the pods to mount the speakers inside instead.

Check out the thread below, if you like, some good info.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...orn-apart.html

Last edited by TcHunter; 01-17-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:07 AM
sub_squoch
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TcHunter
Yea, I'm guessing your talking about Cam from Bad Azz Bikes, what a great guy, he will set you straight.

Any chance the speakers may be the SPL SV165?

Did he say to mount the speakers on the outside or inside of the pods?

The reason I ask, I know some guys were having problems mounting on the outside of the pods with certain speakers.

The rubber around the outside of the speaker was getting squished between the pod and either the grill or the fairing and damaging the speaker.

So people were modifying the pods to mount the speakers inside instead.

Check out the thread below, if you like, some good info.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...orn-apart.html
Yup thays him! We didn't get into the specifics of mounting as I haven't ordered. I haven't had my fairing off so I'm not familiar with how the stock speakers are mounted, but he did tell me the pods have a nipple that aligns with a mounting hole on the stock speakers. He said that nipple on the pod needs tobe snipped off when installing the new speakers. Yes, the mids I'm getting are the hertz SPL SV165. Cam did specifically say, multiple times, that I am to use the stock pods! I did read the forum you sent....and many, many others!

Quick Reply: Speakers - Hertz or BT