Scavenger Total Oil Change System

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:33 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
....install an oil sensor....
There's a whole other useless reason to remove the plug.

And another of my arguments

Nobody has ever had an oil temperature problem until they install an oil temp gauge...

Old 01-12-2016, 11:42 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan

Nobody has ever had an oil temperature problem until they install an oil temp gauge...

I had a fried tell me that since I had a Road King, and no gauges, I would miss impending problems. I told him I was pretty sure I wouldn't. LOL!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:57 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

As a committed "impulse buyer" of shiny objects which, due to abject uselessness, collect in boxes in my garage, I feel uniquely qualified to comment here.

"Even I, do not own one of these things !"

Old 01-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master
Received 343 Likes on 178 Posts

Now I am sure all of you are qualified to give intelligent opinions on the worthlessness of this oil scavenging system and to mock me for my 100 dollar investment especially Saftyman with all his experience in fracking(WTF). My experience is part ownership in 2 custom motorcycle shops, 2 custom bikes that made the pages of Easyriders magazine and 45 years of Harley Davidson ownership. I also have 2 brothers who specialize in air cooled Porsche engines. In speaking with brothers, other mechanic's, and reading reviews on this product I am convinced I made a good choice. American Iron, Hot Bike, Road House Monkeys and Mats Lougren all gave this system rave reviews as did Amsoil Oil. Now you may say these were biased so I read at least 20 testimonial's of pleased customers. I am still trying to figure out what a glass of milk has to do with a Harley engine. With that I am out on this topic. Rock on haters!!

The following users liked this post:
Cagmo (07-17-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 03:05 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Two Lane Tramp
Now I am sure all of you are qualified to give intelligent opinions on the worthlessness of this oil scavenging system and to mock me for my 100 dollar investment especially Saftyman with all his experience in fracking(WTF). My experience is part ownership in 2 custom motorcycle shops, 2 custom bikes that made the pages of Easyriders magazine and 45 years of Harley Davidson ownership. I also have 2 brothers who specialize in air cooled Porsche engines. In speaking with brothers, other mechanic's, and reading reviews on this product I am convinced I made a good choice. American Iron, Hot Bike, Road House Monkeys and Mats Lougren all gave this system rave reviews as did Amsoil Oil. Now you may say these were biased so I read at least 20 testimonial's of pleased customers. I am still trying to figure out what a glass of milk has to do with a Harley engine. With that I am out on this topic. Rock on haters!!
I agree, you'll get a lot of replies that you may not like on here but hey, we're a bunch of guys talking about our passion so you'll get varied and subjective responses. Don't take it personal. My take on all this is that you definitely can't go wrong with removing as much of the old oil as you can. Needed? No, but it can help. Your oil is always and will be just as clean (free of certain size particles) as your filter will allow. The dirtier the filter gets will actually filter smaller particles as long as it doesn't allow the bypass to open. The problem with oil is that it looses it's lubricating properties as it get contaminated and the filter can't help with that so the more bad oil you remove and replace with clean oil, the better the engine gets lubricated. So maybe this device is good after all.

Cagmo (07-17-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,391 Likes on 5,511 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
There's a whole other useless reason to remove the plug.

And another of my arguments

100% correct.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:59 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

If you look at the capacities of the three different "Holes" we change,, how can there be 24 oz left when you drain it? Don't see any possible way. So you buy clean oil, to flush out the old oil? Then of COURSE you can't put that oil back into your motor, it's "Dirty" right?
So you BUY more oil to flush out the oil you want out of your bike? and a 5 or 6 qt change becomes a 7 qt change? Do I have this even close to being understood? (first thread I've seen on this, LOL)

Old 01-13-2016, 07:35 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I happen to have one of these as well and use it on the three Ultras in the family. As I said earlier 100% clean oil is better than 80%!! No one will convince me otherwise!

Cagmo (07-17-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

oy vey...please no more oil...

Old 01-13-2016, 08:17 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by plongson
oy vey...please no more oil...
Hell, it's winter what else would we do?

Quick Reply: Scavenger Total Oil Change System