2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016 | 11:02 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master

Progressive 412s are a defendant improvement !!So much better ride without bottoming out !!!

Last edited by White Knight 04; 01-03-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2016 | 11:20 AM
Pierre
Tourer

I have the Harley Premium 12" shocks, and i hate them, i weiht 200 pounds and at the lowest setting they are way too hard, i try a set of Progressive Suspension 440 , 13" lenght, did'nt like them, when they are set right for the small stuff , they are too soft for the big hits and vice versa....
I buy a set of Pro-Action shocks, 13" lenght , the damping is adjustable and they are pure heaven...i'm totally satisfied with them, best upgrade i make to a bike somfar..they aren't cheap but they orth it, those guys works on Motocross bike since the 70' , they know ho it's work go see their web site or call them www.pro-action.com

Old 01-03-2016 | 11:39 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Two Lane Tramp
I rode a 2014 Ultra Limited from Modesto Ca. to Sturgis and back with HD Premium shocks..
Are you positive they were the Premiums?

Just asking because the 14 Limited came with air shocks.

Old 01-03-2016 | 11:56 AM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Are you positive they were the Premiums?

Just asking because the 14 Limited came with air shocks.
They were Harley Adjustable. I do not know the part number. The bike was a wet head with all the bells and whistles. I would invite you to check out Terry Cable at www.TERRYCABLE.com

Old 01-03-2016 | 03:05 PM
Durango Dave
Road Captain
Default How much for good shocks?

How much for good shocks?
I'm not talking about shocks for an ultra performance sport bike.
OEM shocks on a Harley have much to be desired. I can get a pair of Ohlins for $700. There are other options for $400. What if I said I only wanted to pay $80 for a pair of good quality shocks? I'd be laughed off the site. Everyone would be telling me that I need to expect to spend hundreds of dollars for a good pair of shocks. If I really want high quality shocks I can expect to spend $1000.
If we were talking about cars good shocks would run $60 for a pair. I have bought performance shocks for $96 a pair. Lets say I have a high performance Porsche 911. I looked up the price for a demanding driver it would cost $250 to $300 for a pair.
Why are motorcycle shocks so expensive?
Once again, I'm not talking about turning my Electra Glide into some wonder cycle. I just want a nice ride. Why do I have to spend so much?

Oh and yes, we're only talking about rear shocks. Once I spend my money I have to spend more for the front and doing the front entails more work that just bolting on some $700 shocks.

Old 01-03-2016 | 03:13 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Durango Dave
OEM shocks on a Harley have much to be desired. I can get a pair of Ohlins for $700. There are other options for $400. What if I said I only wanted to pay $80 for a pair of good quality shocks? I'd be laughed off the site. Everyone would be telling me that I need to expect to spend hundreds of dollars for a good pair of shocks. If I really want high quality shocks I can expect to spend $1000.
If we were talking about cars good shocks would run $60 for a pair. I have bought performance shocks for $96 a pair. Lets say I have a high performance Porsche 911. I looked up the price for a demanding driver it would cost $250 to $300 for a pair.
Once again, I'm not talking about turning my Electra Glide into some wonder cycle. I just want a nice ride. Why do I have to spend so much?

Oh and yes, we're only talking about rear shocks. Once I spend my money I have to spend more for the front and doing the front entails more work that just bolting on some $700 shocks.
Totally agree and the same can be said for exhaust and wheels. The manufactures are bending us over.

Old 01-03-2016 | 04:15 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Durango Dave

While I agree to some extent and certainly hear where you are coming from;

Car suspension is mass produced, designed and built from inexpensive materials, often made in Mexico or other cheap country. They are designed as a throwaway part.. Speaking about the shocks I installed, Revo standard shocks by Legand. for my ultra limited, they are hand built, using top grade materials, 100% American made. They are adjustable and carry a lifetime warranty. Most important, they really deliver. MSRP $700, available at some retailers for the low $600 range. If they could sell them for $200 while making a profit I'm sure they would. They would own the market. Trying to compare car parts to motorcycle simply does not work.

Old 01-03-2016 | 06:06 PM
ssmith622
Stage III

I can't wait to install these new shocks.
http://www.cyclesolutionsonline.com/HD357OHLINS.htm
I think the shim stack will be close enough for the riding I do with the proper spring.

Old 01-03-2016 | 07:06 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by White Knight 04
Progressive 412s are a defendant improvement !!!
What were the charges?

What did the Judge and Prosecutor have to say?

Old 01-04-2016 | 08:59 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I have the Premium Ride Hand-Adjustable Rear Shocks-54000008, Standard Height Premium Ride Single Cartridge Fork Kit-45500158, Chrome Front End Kit-45800037, and Front Polished Brake Rotors-41500094. It has been a great set up for me. I would do it again if I got another bike. They are not harsh like the stock air shocks, and the front end kit takes out most of the nose dive that the stock set-up has.
Mine is in the Shop having the front and rear done like this. Already have the chrome front end along with the chrome rotors and calipers. Looking forward to getting the bike back in the Spring. After much research, I think this is going to be a fantastic mod...... Just my 2 cents......

Quick Reply: Rear shocks