Sponsored by:

2015 FHLXS tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Herbkell
Tourer
Received 114 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 2015 FHLXS tail lights

I am down in CA but a dealer in Vancouver is holding a used 15 SGS for me until i get a chance to look at it when I am back there for Christmas. He sent me photos of bike and I was surprised and disappointed to see that the back end is different from my 12 FHLX and that the big red tail light has returned. I strongly prefer the clean look of the turn signal/brake light combo.

What mods are people doing to the taillight? - the Custom Dynamic smoked LED kit (if it fits) is an improvement but not much IMHO

Also the red bars on the bags shown in the pic - are they just reflectors or are they additional tail lights?

I would appreciate any advice or help

PS does anyone know what seat is on this bike?

Attached Thumbnails 2015 FHLXS tail lights-img_2885.jpg  
Old 12-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Browning, nb
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The tail light and blinker bar are the norm for Canada. The bars on the saddlebags are add ons.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:13 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

As far as I know the tail lite was installed after the purchase or was just a add on, I do not believe they come stock with the tail light on the fender.

I see someone answered the tail light I did not know the tail light was stock for Can.

Light on the bags are led lights how they are wired you will not know until you ask the seller or see the bike. They could be running only running/turn running/turn/break or any combination.

Is the bike used?

Old 12-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Herbkell
Tourer

Yep its a used bike

Probably a Canadian thing .......fugly i say

Last edited by Herbkell; 12-04-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Herbkell
Tourer

Better pic of the seat

Attached Thumbnails 2015 FHLXS tail lights-img_2883.jpg  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:51 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I'm pretty sure the tail light a Canadian thing. If I was worried about the "look", I'd be more likely to take off the rider backrest & change to a lower sissy bar on a SG than worry about the tail light.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:40 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Canadian Street Glides have always had the center tail light,I prefer the look of the U.S. bikes.The lights on the bags are very cheap looking reflectors.Most come from the factory this way.I think if they don't have the reflector under the plate mount,they have them on the bags.I believe they are just stuck on the bags and can be easily removed.The seat appears to be a stock SG seat with HD backrests and stealth rack.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
I'm pretty sure the tail light a Canadian thing. If I was worried about the "look", I'd be more likely to take off the rider backrest & change to a lower sissy bar on a SG than worry about the tail light.
No way dude, IMHO...Keep the riders backrest and the passenger backrest is removable...Although the rider's is removable too.

Originally Posted by dansflhti
Canadian Street Glides have always had the center tail light,I prefer the look of the U.S. bikes.The lights on the bags are very cheap looking reflectors.Most come from the factory this way.I think if they don't have the reflector under the plate mount,they have them on the bags.I believe they are just stuck on the bags and can be easily removed.The seat appears to be a stock SG seat with HD backrests and stealth rack.
I agree, what appears to be reflectors on the bags will probably come off but Harley makes a nice set of saddlebag lights if you choose to go that route.

I think the luggage rack looks like the Airwing style rack, which has a lighting option also.

Edit: Sorry, that's not a Airwing luggage rack after taking a second look....It looks like a H-D Detachables Two-Up Luggage Rack

Last edited by Kilokato; 12-05-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:05 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

One other thing.The tri-bar light in the bottom of the rear fender does not function on Canadian models.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:40 AM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Herbkell
I am down in CA but a dealer in Vancouver is holding a used 15 SGS for me until i get a chance to look at it when I am back there for Christmas. He sent me photos of bike and I was surprised and disappointed to see that the back end is different from my 12 FHLX and that the big red tail light has returned. I strongly prefer the clean look of the turn signal/brake light combo.

What mods are people doing to the taillight? - the Custom Dynamic smoked LED kit (if it fits) is an improvement but not much IMHO

Also the red bars on the bags shown in the pic - are they just reflectors or are they additional tail lights?

I would appreciate any advice or help

PS does anyone know what seat is on this bike?
I'm over on the island Herbkell and bought a new FLHXS at the beginning of September. Good incentives then and great ones now. so consider new also if they still have your model of choice laying around.

Quick Reply: 2015 FHLXS tail lights