Do you hate your Rushmore?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:48 PM
codpilot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not in the chorus on this one.

Positives:
Amazing handling, precise and fund to ride.
Brakes - about time - linked ABS stops you on a proverbial dime.

Personal things:
Stereo - good but I think the sound needs more oomph
Info center - if all you ever do is do music, and an occasional take me here GPS it's good. If you demand more out of what was supposed to be "modern" electronics, it is easily 10 years behind the power curve. Marginal GPS, Old maps, constant bug fixes that never fix bugs. (Isn't it amazing the number of these units being found to have "bad codes" in them now?)
Fixability - well without the right diagnostic equipment, once things go bad you're out of luck
Seat - I found the SGS seat to be horrible as a touring seat. You tour to the local bar or anywhere within a 300mile radius its ok. More? then owow. But who know's your *** may like it - I ended up with a Zeppelin and that made it better

Horrible things: Mine is a lemon. you can read all about it in another thread, but now after 17+ weeks in the shop since April, and the last 4 also in the shop - Harley has no idea what or how to fix the bike. Through other PM's and from other riders I have found I am not alone. Not in the majority by any stretch but not alone. Yes we can all get lemons, sh*t happens, but the responsiveness of Harley has been more than disappointing.

All that said it was fun for a while, has tons of ****ling issues, but if you enjoy it ride on!

Old 11-27-2015, 12:12 AM
riderideride
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate it. When off road and hit a jump, it really doesn't catch much air. And roadracing? Don't get me started. It's like they built it with no intent to drag a knee.

It's an excellent bike for everything else.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:10 AM
buddd
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What they said !!

Best ever.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:42 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

I bought my '15 Limited outright (no trade). I had been wanting a new touring bike for something like 6 or 7 years and finally took the plunge when they offered the .99% financing.

It was a sweaty-handed trial signing the papers and riding it off the lot (with 26 pounds of air in the front tire after the pre-sale inspection by the dealership "techs"), but turned out to be worth it in every way.

I've spent a few hundred $$$ fixing a few things that I believe needed fixing, but I agree with many of the other folks on this thread that this is the best bike the MOCO's produced in a LONG time - possibly the best ever!

At 67, this is the last new bike I'll ever buy. Glad it's a keeper!

Last edited by jpooch00; 11-27-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:28 AM
jim518
Cruiser

Too much cleaning to keep it shiny and it likes to be shiny.... And don't get me started on not being able to ride the perty thing for 6 months due to winter....besides that couldn't be happier.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:49 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,087 Likes on 12,190 Posts

I absolutely love mine. It's so much better than my 11 Ultra. To me the difference is more than a sum of it's parts - it's a completely different animal.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:18 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by knight2491
Just fishing for some feedback, I always seem to hear about all the negatives after I buy something, so I figure a little research could not hurt.

Right now I have my 2011 RGU and I am not unhappy with it but I was very happy on the demo ride I went on with the new models, I bought this bike used and had the the thought that when the new RGU came out I would go for it, that thought was squashed when the the ultra did not come out in 2015, and I was not plopping down 40 grand for a CVO. Now the 2016's are here and I am again tempted but I am seeing a mix of feedback all over on the good and bad over the new and old.

So if you got a redo would you pull the trigger on that new one again or would you stick with the one you had?

Absolutely

Old 11-27-2015, 10:52 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes and no... It's my first Harley and basically costs twice as much new as my last bike did. So my expectations were rather high. I just can't quite fully grow up yet and still like to tilt the horizon a lot, but my body keeps making ergonomics real important.
I expected a better bluetooth friendly infotainment system. I only use the speakers when working on the bike in the garage... The suspension just didn't want to work for me, but I always attack the suspension of every bike I've owned... I have Ohlin shocks and the forks get it later this month. The brake dive is just killing me. And once the forks work right I am sure I'll get enough "sport" out of this bike to be very happy.
On the other hand... This is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden... I mean perfect... No need to mess with any thing except for a minor tweak to the leaver angle. For a big girl this bike is quite nimble. I stage 1'd it but being the power junkie that I am... I wanted a bit more. I have the 110 stage V kit on order. I would of preferred the FM 107, but with the discounts on labor and parts and store credits I have made the SE kit too tempting. And it will be covered by the warranty for the next couple of years. A frame mounted fairing is the only way I'll fly so that limited my choices...

When all is said and done the RGS and I have bonded and I can't see me riding anything else. And it really is a damned good looking bike.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:59 AM
cajunlowrider
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Newbie chimes in

2015 Ultra Limited is the second motorcycle I've ever owned, so not much history. Traded at 2009 Low Rider (that I really liked) on it.

First test drove a 2012 Ultra thinking I'd save some $$$. Hated it because I'd test ridden a 2015 first. Asked about differences on this forum. Some said it was in my head. Some, as you see in this thread, confirmed my thought that the 2012 and 2015 were different animals.

I'm short, but didn't want a Low, so bought the big boy. Lowered my seat (see my Mean City Cycles thread). Yesterday i lowered my handlebars significantly. Holy crap is it now a much easier bike to maneuver!

In the three months I've had it, not one thing has gone wrong. No oil leaks. No coolant leaks. Infotainment deal is OK, but I usually link my iPhone to it.

I eliminated the cat and upgraded the air cleaner. Added a tuner and tuned. Rides terrifically.

Looked on line at Indian and Goldwing or a different Harley. I keep thinking: why would I change??? Answer: I'm not!

Old 11-28-2015, 03:52 PM
03Grunt
3rd Gear

My 2015 Streetglide special is a fine bike, It's such a different bike then my Softail its apples and oranges.
The SG feels a lot more like a Japanese bike to me then a Harley, it's power band is so smooth you sometimes need to remind yourself to shift.

My only real bitch is that the infotainment center in not compatible with aftermarket wire less headsets.

Quick Reply: Do you hate your Rushmore?