Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you hate your Rushmore?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:53 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Went from a 2011 flhtk to a 2015 flhxse. Now I no the CVO's are different from the regular models but I think the difference between the 2013 flhtk to the 2014 flhtk is way more than the difference between the 2013 flhtk and the 2013 flhtkse. In fact they could have made the 2014 limited the CVO's and got away with it if it wasn't for the 110' motor already in the CVO's. I loved my 2011 limited but the 2014 was a game changer and in my opinion stomps the competition! No haters here.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 AM
mrjoeo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from a 12 to a 15 and have no regrets at all. I will have to say that the 15 the best and most comfortable motorcycle I have ever owned.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:58 AM
nuttbaggerr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
I am a big guy and I jacked my pressure up to 35-37 psi on the shock for my RG standard. Honestly, I do not have a complaint about it. I am not feeling that heavy sport touring braking nutbaggerr, but it does have probably the most confident brakes for a touring cruiser.
I'm a big rider, too (6'1"/250lbs)...I'm calling the stock suspension on this RGS sport-touring-like for the way I use it and ride it, not necessarily in reference to the brakes (although they are way more confidence-inspiring than my old FLHTC ever was). The sport-touring analogy was my personal reference between my '00 ZX-12R (sport-touring like) vs my '05 ZX-10R (pure sport)....with the simple mods I've done to the bike to make it fit ME, its a damn-near perfect ride for how I ride it, where I like to ride it...and heavy is as heavy does...ymmv

Last edited by nuttbaggerr; 11-25-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:35 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by nuttbaggerr
I'm a big rider, too (6'1"/250lbs)...I'm calling the stock suspension on this RGS sport-touring-like for the way I use it and ride it, not necessarily in reference to the brakes (although they are way more confidence-inspiring than my old FLHTC ever was). The sport-touring analogy was my personal reference between my '00 ZX-12R (sport-touring like) vs my '05 ZX-10R (pure sport)....with the simple mods I've done to the bike to make it fit ME, its a damn-near perfect ride for how I ride it, where I like to ride it...and heavy is as heavy does...ymmv

Well I haven't and probably never will push my Harley that hard. I am saying for a cruiser, this current rushmore generation of bikes are a LOT better than what came before. I honestly was surprised at the handling of this generation of bike.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:29 PM
HDultralowGA
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by knight2491
Just fishing for some feedback, I always seem to hear about all the negatives after I buy something, so I figure a little research could not hurt.

Right now I have my 2011 RGU and I am not unhappy with it but I was very happy on the demo ride I went on with the new models, I bought this bike used and had the the thought that when the new RGU came out I would go for it, that thought was squashed when the the ultra did not come out in 2015, and I was not plopping down 40 grand for a CVO. Now the 2016's are here and I am again tempted but I am seeing a mix of feedback all over on the good and bad over the new and old.

So if you got a redo would you pull the trigger on that new one again or would you stick with the one you had?
Do yourself a favor like I did, shop everything out there. In the end you will likely discover that of the American bikes...Indian is not a bad bike, just lacks the detail when it comes to fit and finish, Victory...well I'll just say this, I'd rather push my Harley than to own a Victory. Go visit several dealerships on the same day if possible, this way you retain the experience from bike to bike. IMO you'll find the Rushmore's are hands down the best choice. Good luck and happy shopping!!

Old 11-25-2015, 03:18 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Very happy with mine. No regrets at all!

Old 11-25-2015, 03:48 PM
knight2491
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Lot of positive response here, wow!
So the things I liked about the new bikes are the Engine on the new bikes seemed to run as strong if not stronger than mine, I have upgraded mine with Exhaust and mufflers and Tuner, so My thought a little upgrading and I am really up there.
Liquid Cooling, even though not the full monty that I hoped for years ago it is a plus, I think of the hot days and sitting on my bike with my leg heating up and my thinking the shoulder looks really good right now to turn into a lane and the Liquid cooling looks even better.

The handling on that new one was top notch, do not get me wrong me and my bike have been accused of being a little nuts in the turns and I have the road scrapes to prove it, but the short time I was on the new bike it felt a little bit better. ( BTW these were the demo bikes so they were not out the box new)

The looks are about the same but I really do like the way the new RGU looks. it kinda looks like it lost a few pounds and is ready to go into the ring again to me.

Radio I really like the linked radio, in my thoughts no more GPS on the handle bars and no more aux cord to the radio from my phone, no more X grip to hold the phone.

The Bags I just love how they open.

Now I know it sounds foolish but I like to be the one that puts the miles on my bike and have been that way all my life, All of my bikes have only been ridden by a select few and if you rode it, I was confident enough that you would respect it and be careful enough with it to not go nuts on it. So I want a new start so to speak.
I have ridden the Gold Wing and it is a nice bike but it did not give me that feeling when I rode it, hard to describe but if you have it, you know it.
I thought of the Victory bikes and well I am not ready to jump on the space ship just yet, As for the Indians I think they went TOO far in the retro look not my cup of tea.
I would probably be telling all of my experience buying one had I or the dealer made mention of the warranty starting in the spring as that and a couple other things really stopped me from pulling the trigger on it.
The nice thing about it is I have all winter to think about it and if I get the urge, well there is always a dealer looking to make a sale in a snow storm.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,825 Likes on 1,470 Posts

Here's another thumbs up for the rushmores, after just under 20,000, still lovin my 14 RoadKing.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:05 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Went from a 2011 Road King to a 2014 Electra Glide Classic. I put 22k miles on the bike in 21 months. Commuted to work in Atlanta on 85/285 and the linked brakes on the 2014 vs no abs and no link on the 2011 are night and day. Rolling along on the interstate and traffic checks up, these brakes are big improvement.

Also, noticed the bike runs cooler. My 2011 I removed the cat and installed a stage 1, that really helped with the temp. But no changes yet to my 2014 and it runs as cool at my 2011 with all of the upgrades. In the spring I'll take out the cat and go with a stage 1 upgrade. Handling is better. And the 6.5 is a great upgrade.

I rode the entire Blue Rdige Parkway, Bourbon Trail and Daytona beach all from Atlanta. Recently moved to Houston and have ridden to Daytona beach twice, Panama City beach twice and Texas hill county once. The mileage is great, ~48-49 average on the interstate. And the bike will cruise all day at 80 without an issue.

These bikes are solid and I have no regrets.

Last edited by blkrkg11; 11-26-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:42 PM
tenn volunteer
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I traded a 13 CVO ultra that I loved for my 15 Limited Low. I have 17,000 miles on this bike and think it is the finest HD that I've owned. I expect the moco to bring out a road glide low for 17. I would be very interested in that set up. These Rushmores are the best. After purchase, you will agree.

Quick Reply: Do you hate your Rushmore?