Sponsored by:

Do you hate your Rushmore?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 07:04 PM
whocares
Road Warrior
Received 448 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
How about the difference between the sg and rg? I'm buying a new bike and I'm on the fence
The fairing???? Here we go again.lol

Old 07-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by whocares
The fairing???? Here we go again.lol
Well I rode both and I'm kinda curious if my impression was accurate. I felt the rgs was an incredibly smooth riding and handling bike. I thought the sgs was close in the ride but was far better with the wind management and I could actually hear the radio. On the rgs after 60mph all I heard was wind

Last edited by Outkast6991; 07-12-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

How about the difference between the sg and rg? I'm buying a new bike and I'm on the fence
Well I rode both and I'm kinda curious if my impression was accurate. I felt the rgs was an incredibly smooth riding and handling bike. I thought the sgs was close in the ride but was far better with the wind management and I could actually hear the radio. On the rgs after 60mph all I heard was wind
I felt the same until I got the right windshield/seat combo. Stock windshield left me getting beat to death by the wind. Once I put a klockwerks shield with a lower seat, there's no comparison. One thing I love about the RG compared to the SG is how light it feels at slower speeds. The SG felt so heavy at the handlebars. The RG feels very nimble. I was on the fence after wrecking my SG. The shark nose had always been an issue for me, but it grew on me, and I decided to just go for it. I'm happy I did.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:19 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
I felt the same until I got the right windshield/seat combo. Stock windshield left me getting beat to death by the wind. Once I put a klockwerks shield with a lower seat, there's no comparison. One thing I love about the RG compared to the SG is how light it feels at slower speeds. The SG felt so heavy at the handlebars. The RG feels very nimble. I was on the fence after wrecking my SG. The shark nose had always been an issue for me, but it grew on me, and I decided to just go for it. I'm happy I did.
Yup. My RGS is the best motorcycle I've ever owned, by far.

But, I'll be the first to admit, the stock windshield is worthless. As I told my friends: "That's not a windshield, that's a fashion accessory". Which is pretty close. It's designed to look good with the fairing, and that's about it.

That's why most RG owners go to an aftermarket windshield. Love my Madstad!

Old 07-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Max2015RGlide
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wanted to share my experience .. just returned from a ~2200mi trip from Dallas thru the CO rockies... I'm now just shy of 20k original owner miles on my '15RGS... The only scare I had was the bike would turn over but not start, in Amarillo. 5hrs of diagnosis later, the local H-D found engine temp sensor wire failure to be the cause. Other than that, I'm still very much in love with the bike, way way more so than any other motorcycle (which has mostly just been a vehicle) whereas my harley is a HARLEY, and there's more of an emotional connection than any other ride

Here's us from last week ....

Old 07-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Max2015RGlide
Just wanted to share my experience .. just returned from a ~2200mi trip from Dallas thru the CO rockies... I'm now just shy of 20k original owner miles on my '15RGS... The only scare I had was the bike would turn over but not start, in Amarillo. 5hrs of diagnosis later, the local H-D found engine temp sensor wire failure to be the cause. Other than that, I'm still very much in love with the bike, way way more so than any other motorcycle (which has mostly just been a vehicle) whereas my harley is a HARLEY, and there's more of an emotional connection than any other ride

Here's us from last week ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXZedSKsBI
Those guys at Tripp's are great. I had a little issue on my way to Rocky Point last year and they got me fixed up and didn't even charge me. Great folks.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:49 AM
firebat
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sporacer
Rushmores are the best bikes Harley has produced. The only people that don't like them never owned one.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:25 AM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just reached the one year anniversary for the wife's 15 RGS and couldn't be happier. I still do most of my riding on my 09 RG, but when I am working on my bike or just for kicks I'll take the 15 to work (60 miles round trip) and I am just amazed at the difference. Smooth, stable, great wind management responsive power...No issues so far except factory recalls. Bars aren't perfect but they are 100 times better than the stock bars on the older RGs. 3 or 4 years from now I'll be in the market for one.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:06 PM
tonymcdonald578@yahoo.com
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Limited Low

I bought the 2016 Ultra Limited Low and absolutely love it.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:24 PM
tdkkart
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Spend a day on a properly equipped RG and you'll never go back....

Quick Reply: Do you hate your Rushmore?