Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you hate your Rushmore?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 08:09 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Went from the 11 RGU in my signature pic to a 16 RGS. Having owned everything from a pan to the twin cams. No evos. I can say this is the best bike I've ride to date. I'd do it all over again.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:00 AM
FilthyMike
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I’m new to the world of Harley and have been a Goldwing guy for years. I took a 10 year break from cycles altogether, but got the bug again this year. Few can knock the reliability of the Wing but at 6’ 1” I always had a comfort issue on them. I even test drove a Goldwing trike…nope.

My brother purchased a Rushmore Ultra Limited; his first bike; and told me I needed to try one. I’m now the owner of a purple fire/blackberry smoke 2016 Ultra Limited. We rode yesterday in 97 degree Louisiana heat. From 30 MPH through small towns to 75 MPH on the interstate. I feel heat coming off the engine only when I’m stopped and it isn’t enough to bother me. My wife wears motorcycle boots and is fine with the heat. She wore tennis shoes one time and…well, she did it one time. I used the CB to communicate with my brother and it worked just fine.

The engine purrs and has all the get up and go I need. I added highway pegs, a backrest, and an Airhawk cushion (because of my boney ***) and I’m very happy with the set up. We used the GPS for a route to the Nottoway Plantation and it worked perfectly. I have a cheat sheet for adding routes and using them on the NAV if anyone wants a copy.

Do I have any gripes about it? I bought it from Cajun Harley and they wanted money for it. Man, I hate that. They said my good looks got me a free HOG membership but I was suspicious about that. I took off the heel part of the heel/toe shifter. More foot room and I don’t care for that type shifter anyway. To the guy who mentioned this, set your intercom to VOX and you won’t have to push a button to talk.

I think the main difference between this bike and my last Goldwing (no, I’m not going to say soul) is that I love the bike as much as I love riding it. I feel connected to the bike and it’s brought back the fun feeling I had when I first rode a motorcycle, and I’m a 61 year old grey beard geezer glider. It’s not for everyone, but no bike is. Rent one for a weekend to see how it fits you and your squeeze. I’m loving mine.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:05 PM
fretone1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just traded my '13 Streetglide for the '16 SGS. I had test ridden a '16 Streetglide standard, courtesy of my local dealer of which I spent a ton of money at and, a bunch of time. ( the '13 had 61k at time of trade in). Wasn't impressed with the 16 at first because I believe now, the rear suspension wasn't dialed in so it rode very rough and they had put an aftermarket pipe on it that made it loud and vibrate.

Now I'm not gettin too old (57) for liking quiet mufflers am I?

Meantime, the '13 was starting to need a bunch of maintenance
(rear tire, belt change, etc.) so I decided to pull the trigger on the '16. I can't seem to be able to stop riding this new bike! I just like being on it and like just about everything about it. It has a real kick you can feel compared to the other bike, handles as a complete unit (you know what I mean) and has navigation. Loves me some navigation!
Best Harley I have owned so far (going back some 7 Harley's) and I'm very satisfied in my decision to upgrade. JMHO

Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 PM
06Ultraman
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

I have a 14 limited. Yes it's worth it. Find a use one tho. Let somebody else take thehuge hit. Trade in is terrible now. They do ride better and are cooler. Power rivals the 110. BUT... Now i would seriously consider the indian roadmaster. most of a CVO for 28g. better for tall riders.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had my 2013 Street Glide for only 2 months and liked it enough to log 6000 miles in that short time, then the Rushmores came out and even losing my **** on the trade I have no regrets. After about 2-1/2 years and 44,000 miles later I can honestly say after 33 years of riding this is the best damn bike I've ever owned and even losing my **** I would do it again!

Last edited by Bigg Lou; 07-09-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:42 AM
londo-cat
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I went from a 2007 Heritage Softail to a 2014 Street Glide Special. While I loved my Heritage, after a day I didn't look back. Best choice I ever made.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:59 AM
rubberheels
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

No but I hate YOU!!! Stop bashing our bikes!

Old 07-10-2016, 11:17 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've recently Bought a 2016 Ultra Classic. I've been riding since 1975. Mostly Harleys But some others also. My Primary comparison is to the 2005 Road King that I traded in. I had just over 50K on it. I've ridden it as Far as Alaska and Back. 11,000 miles. I have 5,000 on the ultra now and Have just returned from a 4,000 mile trip.
The New Bike has a good Radio. It has Gps. It has slightly more power. It Marginally handles better at speed.
The suspension in the front Just Sucks!! Talk about DIVE! Slow speed handling (5 mph parking lot stuff) is horrible. Gawd Help when You have to stop with the wheel Turned. I am among the Many that just HATE The Daymaker light!
I know I can upgrade to better front susp, etc.
After trade and Taxes etc I paid $19,000 mostly for a radio. I already had aTour pack on the RK and a GPS That stuck to the speedo. The Gas Guage that I can See is Nice also.

PS Sorry if I didn't toe the line and give the answer that all wanted to see!

Last edited by rydeer; 07-10-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I went from a 2013 SG to a 2015 RGS and there's stuff I like and stuff I don't. I'm not a fan of the navigation system. It's just so different from the Garmin Nuvo I used for years, that I just don't like it. I do like having the USB port for my tunes. Other than that, It's about the same.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
I went from a 2013 SG to a 2015 RGS and there's stuff I like and stuff I don't. I'm not a fan of the navigation system. It's just so different from the Garmin Nuvo I used for years, that I just don't like it. I do like having the USB port for my tunes. Other than that, It's about the same.
How about the difference between the sg and rg? I'm buying a new bike and I'm on the fence

Quick Reply: Do you hate your Rushmore?