Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel dock center stand

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Bam15012
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got a response from Jeff Yerby from Wheeldock. Pricing is rock bottom on his website because they wholesale to everyone cutting out the dealer margin. I suggest that if you want one, buy one now while they are still the listed price.

Bam

Here is the email concerning a group buy:

David:

Back in the day of the Forum Discount, our wheel chock was around $329. This price had margin built in for our distributors and for discounts. We've now dropped all the dealers and sell wholesale factory direct. The price for the wheel chock is $225. It's truly a wholesale price. Even my customers who manufacture trailers and buy multiples pay the same price.

Thx,
Yerb

Jeff Yerby
Wheeldock
www.wheeldock.com

Old 11-23-2015, 04:56 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Bam15012
I just got a response from Jeff Yerby from Wheeldock. Pricing is rock bottom on his website because they wholesale to everyone cutting out the dealer margin. I suggest that if you want one, buy one now while they are still the listed price.

Bam

Here is the email concerning a group buy:

David:

Back in the day of the Forum Discount, our wheel chock was around $329. This price had margin built in for our distributors and for discounts. We've now dropped all the dealers and sell wholesale factory direct. The price for the wheel chock is $225. It's truly a wholesale price. Even my customers who manufacture trailers and buy multiples pay the same price.

Thx,
Yerb

Jeff Yerby
Wheeldock
www.wheeldock.com
That is good, but this thread is about their center stand. However, I do have their wheel chock and $225 is a great price; thanx for looking in to it.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:27 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bam15012
I want one too but am too cheap. I keep waiting for one on ebay or here used. I need to just buck-up and buy one. lol Is there anyplace to get them besides their website?
Amazon.com

Old 11-23-2015, 09:13 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts
Old 11-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Onramp
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The bolt used to mount the wheeldock does interfere with my jack which has a wider base. I use the Harley frame rail protectors to make the necessary clearance for the wheeldock. Otherwise it is just one bolt to remove the wheeldock, which I often do just to clean the accumulated crap out of it. I have one on both of my limiteds.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Gone Bush
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A little bit off topic because this post is about a modification I made to the Harley centre stand.

As you may know the piece of steel rod that you need to push on with your foot makes it difficult to deploy the Harley centre stand. You need to push on the point of the rod and then your foot gets pushed off it as you go past the exhaust on the way down.

Initially I welded a piece of angle iron onto it and put some non slip tape on it. It was sort of OK.

Some time after that I replaced my footbrake with one from Softbrake. So I cut off the foot part of the brake and welded that onto the centre stand in place of the piece of angle iron (see the second photo).

It works very well.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:06 AM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For those with the wheel dock center stand, does the foot lever ever get in the way of your left leg? It looks like it protrudes way out to the site. Thanks

Old 11-24-2015, 06:10 AM
RogFel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickLB
For those with the wheel dock center stand, does the foot lever ever get in the way of your left leg? It looks like it protrudes way out to the site. Thanks
Nope! It's under the left passenger foot rest.

During Bike Week in Daytona last year they installed them while you waited (10 minutes) and I think they were discounted (not sure)

Old 11-24-2015, 06:24 AM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks

Old 11-24-2015, 07:08 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickLB

No issue with the lever you place your foot on. It does not stick out in the way. You do have to fold the passenger peg in order to reach the lever.

Be careful when you first get your center stand. Practice with the kickstand down until you get used to it.

Always have the bike in neutral before attempting to set the stand. You can grab the clutch but any resistance when you are setting the stand could cause an accidental drop of your entire bike onto it's left side.

Considering you need to place your left foot on the stand's lever, press it down, being certain it's on level ground and that both pads are in contact with the ground before you commit to "setting the stand". Otherwise your left foot cannot be shifted to help balance the bike should it shift to the left as you attempt to get it on the stand. IF, as you put it down your off to the right slightly it will pitch the bike left at the last second before both pads are setting firmly on the ground. This can cause the bike to fall left.

I've almost dropped my bike a couple of times until I got better with setting the stand. Always, set stand only on level ground.

Fortunately, most all gas pumps have level pads next to the pumps.

Last edited by JohnnyC; 11-24-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Wheel dock center stand