Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone modify their Limited Low Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:41 PM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone modify their Limited Low Seat?

I just purchased a 16 Limited Low due to my height. Love the bike, but the low seat is killing me. Has anyone used Mean City Cycles to modify their low seat? I would like to go 3/4-1 inch lower if possible and get memory foam added. The seat is already lower than stock, so I don't know if I can get a comfortable seat out of this. I would appreciate any input on how you made your Limited Low seat comfortable.

Thanks!
Todd

Old 11-04-2015, 09:21 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,634 Likes on 1,179 Posts

I'd like to know this too. I actually bought a stock Limited seat to put on my Low for longer rides, but I sure miss the lower elevation of the Low seat.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 11-04-2015, 09:28 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

I am about to use mean city for my 2016 street glide seat. I want a little lower and make wifeys seat more comfortable

Old 11-04-2015, 10:00 PM
2015UltraLimited
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I am thinking of doing the same thing to my Limited Low seat after having a stock Street Glide seat redone by Mean City Cycles. I had the Super Narrow mod done to the SG seat with the addition of moving me forward an inch for when I am riding solo without the tour-pak. For the Limited Low seat, I am now looking at the Memory Foam Mod for driver and the Double Decker Passenger.

For the SG seat, it is now a bit lower than the Limited Low seat and no comparison on comfort, thus the reason for wanting to get the Limited Low seat redone. I am not sure if this helps but will attach photo's of the SG seat with the Super Narrow mod.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:08 PM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015UltraLimited
I am thinking of doing the same thing to my Limited Low seat after having a stock Street Glide seat redone by Mean City Cycles. I had the Super Narrow mod done to the SG seat with the addition of moving me forward an inch for when I am riding solo without the tour-pak. For the Limited Low seat, I am now looking at the Memory Foam Mod for driver and the Double Decker Passenger.

For the SG seat, it is now a bit lower than the Limited Low seat and no comparison on comfort, thus the reason for wanting to get the Limited Low seat redone. I am not sure if this helps but will attach photo's of the SG seat with the Super Narrow mod.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm sending my seat in today. I really hope they're able to make this seat comfortable for all day riding.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,325 Likes on 8,403 Posts

I put a Harley Hammock seat on mine before it left the dealer. Works for me.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Steamfighter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Mean City mod my Ultra seat 2 weeks after I got the bike. They narrowed the seat and dropped an inch out of it. Helped quite a bit. I am 5'4" tall with a 28" inseam on a good day. Flat footed with my logger boots on. I might get a memory foam pad added after it gets worn down some. Installed an adjustable back rest and extended reach highway pegs a couple of months ago and love it. Much more comfortable with my feet on the highway pegs with a little back support. But yes, Mean City does good work and the mod was well worth the money, highly recommend it for the short guys.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Blu88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the opposite I want mine. To sit about 2 inches back to take me off the tank and lower me about 2 inches as I am 6'5

Old 11-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Steamfighter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no
Originally Posted by Blu88
I'm the opposite I want mine. To sit about 2 inches back to take me off the tank and lower me about 2 inches as I am 6'5
No problem, they can handle it. Good folks.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:04 AM
bobbymac57
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default limited low seat

Originally Posted by tringle
I just purchased a 16 Limited Low due to my height. Love the bike, but the low seat is killing me. Has anyone used Mean City Cycles to modify their low seat? I would like to go 3/4-1 inch lower if possible and get memory foam added. The seat is already lower than stock, so I don't know if I can get a comfortable seat out of this. I would appreciate any input on how you made your Limited Low seat comfortable.

Thanks!
Todd
I had my 15 limited low seat modified by mcc. They did the supper narrow mod. It lowered me at least another inch and it was definitely better than stock. I still would get butt burn after 70 to 100 miles though and sent it back for further adjustment. It's a little better but I definitely can't make long trips on it without some discomfort. Would send back again but the shipping at 60 a pop is getting to much. May have to look at another seat. But the crew at mcc will work with you and try their best to make it right.

Quick Reply: Anyone modify their Limited Low Seat?