Sponsored by:

Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:28 AM
jskicet
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fader

Can anyone confirm yet that it fixed the fader control. On the last update it wiped out the memory function and every time you shut the bike off it went back to neutral?

Old 11-01-2015, 11:03 AM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated yesterday. Notice no difference. Works as well as usual. I might not pay much attention to the next turn arrow but the verbals always put me on the right road.

I usually do a factory reset when updating. I don't have a lot of customizing done so it is easy to set things back up as before. Maybe reduces some of the bugs that creep in? I don't know.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Yeah, the map updates are going to require a Windows PC, because they will probably be a ".exe" file.

But for the regular Boom updated, the file is just a ".iso" file, and not dependent on the computer OS.

1. Download the update file from HD
2. Navigate to where it was downloaded (Downloads folder by default)
3. The file will be in a “zip” format and needs to be unzipped before using.
4. Just double click the zip file, and it will create a new folder of the same name with two files inside.
5. The file you want will have an “.iso” extension (Example: swdl_boombox_6.5GT.iso).
6. Copy that file to the root directory of your USB memory stick.

I have my USB memory stick formatted as FAT32 (Macs can read/write to that format just fine).
If you format the memory stick as Mac OS Extended, I am not sure the NAV system will read it.

If you’ve managed to correctly perform an update using a Windows laptop, the above process should work just fine using a Mac also.
Hmmm... Dunno.

Memory stick is 32G Sony that was used twice previously to upgrade Boom. Both times did upgrade using gf's Dell Windows machine.

Wiped memory on stick before trying update using Mac. Boom didn't recognize the update so wiped it again and tried update again using Mac. No joy again.

Went to gf's Dell, wiped memory stick again and did same procedure as you describe. Worked on first try this time.

I think memory stick is formatted FAT32 since I formatted it on the Dell before using it the first time.

Like I said dunno...

Old 11-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Hmmm... Dunno.

Memory stick is 32G Sony that was used twice previously to upgrade Boom. Both times did upgrade using gf's Dell Windows machine.

Wiped memory on stick before trying update using Mac. Boom didn't recognize the update so wiped it again and tried update again using Mac. No joy again.

Went to gf's Dell, wiped memory stick again and did same procedure as you describe. Worked on first try this time.

I think memory stick is formatted FAT32 since I formatted it on the Dell before using it the first time.

Like I said dunno...
Sounds like your Mac default disk format is in Apple's format (whatever they call it). Mac's are supposed to be able to format in FAT32 but it might not be the default. Next time just delete the old ISO file (drag & drop in trashcan) & then drag & drop new ISO file to the thumbdrive (don't wipe or reformat it).

Old 11-01-2015, 01:16 PM
JakeUSAF
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I just updated using a MAC Air Worked fine. Raining here nothing else to do. Yesterday was wash and all 3 hole oil change new plugs. Today update software and wax. Sorry for rambling bored. Today.

Shaun

Old 11-01-2015, 02:17 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Hmmm... Dunno.

Like I said dunno...
I would be willing to bet when you wiped it on the Mac it is formatting as OS journaled which will not work. Wipe it on the dell and stick it in the Mac and it will read just fine. You can open disk utility on Mac and format it as FAT and it will also work fine on all platforms. Mac can read MS platform but not the other way around.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:53 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,444 Likes on 8,420 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
I would be willing to bet when you wiped it on the Mac it is formatting as OS journaled which will not work. Wipe it on the dell and stick it in the Mac and it will read just fine. You can open disk utility on Mac and format it as FAT and it will also work fine on all platforms. Mac can read MS platform but not the other way around.
Yep, what he said.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:50 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

In short once it's wiped it does not need to be reformatted ever again. Modern file systems are not as susceptible to corruption as that of oldZ now it's formatted just leave it be and delete the file when you are done. OS X El Capitan has even done away with repair disk permissions it has come so far.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:26 AM
rocknride71
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Angry

Yesterday I tried the update. I left to go check on my food (maybe 3 mins) and came back to this. The memory stick was already in. I pulled it out and reinserted it. Still did nothing. Turned it from accessory to off and it stayed on. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. By the way that alarm is LOUD as hell in my garage! Ear piercing. Anyway, when I turn the bike back on it goes to this screen. I'm currently trying to see if it will update. I put the USB back in. Any suggestions? Hitting the home button does nothing. Actually doing anything doesn't work. Turned the bike on, started it, shut it off. Still the same. My last software update was 1.18.3. I feel like this right now-->

Old 11-02-2015, 12:32 PM
A206Driver
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknride71
Yesterday I tried the update. I left to go check on my food (maybe 3 mins) and came back to this. The memory stick was already in. I pulled it out and reinserted it. Still did nothing. Turned it from accessory to off and it stayed on. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. By the way that alarm is LOUD as hell in my garage! Ear piercing. Anyway, when I turn the bike back on it goes to this screen. I'm currently trying to see if it will update. I put the USB back in. Any suggestions? Hitting the home button does nothing. Actually doing anything doesn't work. Turned the bike on, started it, shut it off. Still the same. My last software update was 1.18.3. I feel like this right now-->
I would reformat the drive (Fat32), download a fresh file and transfer over just the .iso to your usb and then try it. Good luck!

Last edited by A206Driver; 11-02-2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added fat32

Quick Reply: Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update