Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 06:10 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

I just installed it (Mac) worked flawlessly. Not sure if this will fix any issues I seam to be having with it though.

GPS forgets what country or state I am in if bike is switched off for more than an hour or so. (constant)

Extremely long boot time for navigation system. Sometimes in excess of 2 minutes. (constant)

Every 4 or 5 start ups the system will not recognize my flash drive and I have to unplug and insert again. (intermittent)

On some start ups it goes directly to the Harley logo with clock and I have to power cycle the bike to get the radio to come back on as buttons will not function and power button doesn't do anything. (rare but has happened a few times)

And please oh please Harley if you are listening...GET RID OF THE ACCEPT SCREEN OR LET US TURN IT OFF!!!

Old 10-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did it with a Mac, ridiculously easy and took about 5 min to load it to the bike. I hope the maps are updated, yesterday I was on some relatively new roads (built about three years ago) and it did not have them.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:05 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dave Thorpe
I did it with a Mac, ridiculously easy and took about 5 min to load it to the bike. I hope the maps are updated, yesterday I was on some relatively new roads (built about three years ago) and it did not have them.
Maps aren't in the software update. Those my friend cost extra and they are real proud of their 2 year old maps at 150 bucks.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:23 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Install failed TWICE using Mac with quad-core i7 processor and OS X El Capitan.

Worked first time using gf's Dell with Windows 10.
The computer you use to download the update has nothing to do with it.

I have updated mine multiple times using Mac OS X

Old 10-31-2015, 10:29 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dixonk
Maps aren't in the software update. Those my friend cost extra and they are real proud of their 2 year old maps at 150 bucks.
Where can I find them?

Old 10-31-2015, 10:33 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Naviextras website. Put in your model and radio. Database is still 2013 so I wouldn't waste your money.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:36 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain

Yep, last update was 2013. In other words, all Rushmores have the latest maps.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:39 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Hopefully they aren't as slow as dodge is on updates. I had a 2013 that came with 2010 maps on it. Before I sold it last month they emailed me the new map was available. When I checked it they wanted 199 for a 2013 database lol.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
The computer you use to download the update has nothing to do with it.

I have updated mine multiple times using Mac OS X
I do not understand why my Mac had problem. I know the Naviextras map updates specify Windows machines only but everybody seems to be able to use Macs for Boom Audio updates. I've used gf's Dell for all the other Boom updates (for no special reason).

As an aside, the El Capitan upgrade is causing some issues with my box. Mostly concerning my Bose audio system.

I'll just try it again next time.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:30 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
I do not understand why my Mac had problem. I know the Naviextras map updates specify Windows machines only but everybody seems to be able to use Macs for Boom Audio updates. I've used gf's Dell for all the other Boom updates (for no special reason).

As an aside, the El Capitan upgrade is causing some issues with my box. Mostly concerning my Bose audio system.

I'll just try it again next time.
Yeah, the map updates are going to require a Windows PC, because they will probably be a ".exe" file.

But for the regular Boom updated, the file is just a ".iso" file, and not dependent on the computer OS.

1. Download the update file from HD
2. Navigate to where it was downloaded (Downloads folder by default)
3. The file will be in a “zip” format and needs to be unzipped before using.
4. Just double click the zip file, and it will create a new folder of the same name with two files inside.
5. The file you want will have an “.iso” extension (Example: swdl_boombox_6.5GT.iso).
6. Copy that file to the root directory of your USB memory stick.

I have my USB memory stick formatted as FAT32 (Macs can read/write to that format just fine).
If you format the memory stick as Mac OS Extended, I am not sure the NAV system will read it.

If you’ve managed to correctly perform an update using a Windows laptop, the above process should work just fine using a Mac also.

Quick Reply: Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update