Sponsored by:

Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:55 PM
bikeymikey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update

Picked up my 2014 Ultra 8/30/13 and never had the issue until 8/1/15. Took it in for inspection, and when I got it back stereo controls did not function. Went back to dealer, who said they found a failing relay in mini beast air horn causing the issue. They installed a replacement that the tech "just happened to have in his tool box". Don't understand the connection, but the stereo played all the way home. Got home and the display would not go out with the ignition off. Service manager advised they had seen this before, and had me reset the master fuse to resolve. Only after this did I have any stereo issues. At first it was a software upgrade, so I upgraded to 1.19.1 with no improvement. This dealer at the 15K service confirmed the issue, but said they saw no error codes. They said they would call Tech Support, but never got back to me. I went to another dealer who actually ran diags, and they found codes indicating head replacement required. This was 2 weeks after warranty so only got refurbished unit. During a ride, discussed with a third dealer who also saw error. They requested new unit but H-D refused. They had original 4.3 head from 2015 model that owner had upgraded to 6.5 and installed that, plus a new USB cable. Good for about 8 minutes of power cycle and went back to reset mode. Won't buy another H-D, but this one is paid for, so looking at a whole new system from Volunteer Audio. Including all components, adapters and speakers plus labor comes in about the same $$$ as an upgrade to Boom 6.5 without the labor. Been hearing from all local dealers about new software upgrade, but have been hearing that since August of 2015, and H-D still can't target a release date. Ain't a user interface, or user experience engineer who would ever think it a good idea to require the user to re-select the music source and the sound settings after every use. Didn't have to do that on my Lexus; don't have to do it on my 4Runner, so certainly shouldn't have to do it on 2 wheels!!!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:40 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bikeymikey
Just thought I'd throw out the latest from H-D on this. I just got off the phone with one of the CS managers (Matt). Matt restated the theory that the unit defaults to FM, and resets Fade when it loses communications with a serial port. Unfortunately, pretty much everything looks serial to Boom. I am on the third head unit, and that is about all the techs are seeing on diagnosis...loss of serial communication. Right before the holidays, I turned my bike over to one of the best electrical guys in the area. After 3 hours of probing the electrics of this beast, he informed me that he could find nothing out of spec. I even tried the BBB of Milwaukee, but they were stonewalled by Consumer Affairs at H-D, who said I would have to go through their 3rd party vendor (CNA, or whomever) as I did not contact them prior to the warranty expiring. My point was that I had reported my issues to a dealer, who took no action; and that H-D should resolve the problem. Knowing that I am one of probably thousands dealing with this issue, and having plenty of time, I went one step further. I contacted the Wisconsin Bureau of Consumer Protection. It took them 31 days to respond, but they did, requesting additional information. I have all the work orders from the local dealers. My call today was to inform Customer Service that I had filed with the state, and that they asked for all related documentation. I requested that H-D provide me with copies of the three CS tickets that had been opened regarding my bike, and that I had discussed with them on past occasions. No surprise, H-D considers the CS tickets proprietary information and will not provide them, even to the affected customer without a subpoena. Could get interesting!!!

The short story is that even though H-D is into the 3rd model year of Boom Audio, according to Matt, they still do not have a root cause for this problem, and therefore cannot even do a SWAG on a resolution. They simply don't know, and Matt seemed to take it personally when I suggested that H-D should consider calling in a third party to resolve the issues that seem to befuddle H-D and them Boom folks.

Y'all have a great year.

Wow. Just Wow! I hate this kind of life crap! Unreal.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:51 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't know for sure 1.19.1.2 is my issue, but since I upgraded, I've had all sorts of Blue Tooth phone issues.

Stick with 1.19.1.1. I wish I had saved the old file.. Lesson learned!

Old 01-18-2016, 05:46 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 535 Likes on 460 Posts

Try this link that Skyhawk85u put up.

https://mega.nz/#F!vkITyBwa!-R3xdFC9uXiMLyV_NZjA7g

Old 01-18-2016, 09:39 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Hope I didn't bite off more than i could chew with this left over

Attached Thumbnails Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update-img_0236.jpg  
Old 01-19-2016, 04:17 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

HD better take care of its customers soon. Stock is hurting and it seems they may have a bleak future... According to this analyst:

http://investorplace.com/2016/01/10-.../#.Vp4MO688Kh9

"But this is also a highly cyclical industry, and it’s hard to imagine a large surge of new Americans dropping tens of thousands of dollars on something as frivolous as a motorcycle with the economy looking wobbly."
Not to mention unreliable electronics. Especially to this generation. Don't see them buying.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:28 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by greg09997
I don't know for sure 1.19.1.2 is my issue, but since I upgraded, I've had all sorts of Blue Tooth phone issues.

Stick with 1.19.1.1. I wish I had saved the old file.. Lesson learned!
here http://www.h-d.com/app-content/audio...T.1.19.1.1.zip

Go to downloads on HD site, right click on download button copy link, paste in new browser and change the number, hit enter and download will start

Last edited by barrygreen; 01-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:30 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by barrygreen
here http://www.h-d.com/app-content/audio...T.1.19.1.1.zip

Go to downloads on HD site, right click on download button copy link, paste in new browser and change the number, hit enter and download will start
This is exactly what I need. Thank you!!!!!

Old 01-19-2016, 07:40 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior

Blue tooth issue with my iPhone is fixed, after switching back to 1.19.1.1
This place is awesome!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:03 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 131 Posts

My issue was attempting to get the boom to always start on the media that i was using last. I have an old classic ipod connected to the bike in the compartment, an iphone 4S that is only used as a music device and an iphone 6S plus.

If you have two phones hooked up via blue tooth, even tho one is only used for music, always insure the real phone is paired, and shown in the media list first and it will be the phone that it defaults to for calls.

But, other than that i can switch between all three media devices without a problem.

If using the Sirius radio, and the bike is outside, on start, it will always default to the Sirius radio, but if using one of the phones or ipod and the bike is restarted, it may go to ipod, or correct phone, otherwise, AM, hasn't gone to WB in quite awhile.

I think that this something to do with the boom/computer checking which peripherals are connected and the time delay in recognizing them, so the easiest default is the radio, generally the AM. (unless the sirius was on prior to shutdown and the bikes antenna is oriented for reception.

I never installed .2 of the OS, hopefully we will get another comprehensive update that may address other issues.

Quick Reply: Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update