Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

HD #76000374 USB Cable Assy

Old 11-16-2015, 12:12 PM
bikeymikey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update

Got new USB cable Sat. Also the head unit from upgraded 2015, and still same problem. Spoke with HD Case manager this AM, and got long winded story about about system sensing voltage during shutdown/sleep. Voltage anomaly is now the new cause. First was software update, then "this is normal" and now voltage variant. Seems HD has no idea of what causes voltage change, or how to fix it, so customers are to just live with it. Add this to 5 NHTSA recalls and at a personal level, my worst new bike experience.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:35 PM
spr0k3t
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to see an alternate head unit for the rushmores... one without a radio or nav but optional cb and sat. Much larger phone pocket would be nice... Especially since the 4.3" market share is close to 2% right now. Even better would be to see something like Android Auto. Maybe I could build one out of an rPi and flux in Android Auto support if I could get the released ADK.

Seriously though... screw modern radio. Haven't listened to that crap since 2001. I hate that my Rushmore random radio status bug is still present in the latest release. I'm at the point where I have set all my stations to 87.7 not to mention turn the volume down all the way before hitting the kill switch.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:40 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spr0k3t
I would love to see an alternate head unit for the rushmores... one without a radio or nav but optional cb and sat. Much larger phone pocket would be nice... Especially since the 4.3" market share is close to 2% right now. Even better would be to see something like Android Auto. Maybe I could build one out of an rPi and flux in Android Auto support if I could get the released ADK.

Seriously though... screw modern radio. Haven't listened to that crap since 2001. I hate that my Rushmore random radio status bug is still present in the latest release. I'm at the point where I have set all my stations to 87.7 not to mention turn the volume down all the way before hitting the kill switch.
I agree, to some extent. A HU with Nav, FULL BT capabilities, and ability to stream all audio content (no matter what phone is jacked into it) would be perfect. Maybe have a Sirius or XM antennae to get Music and weather as well.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:04 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by spr0k3t
...... Much larger phone pocket would be nice....

Same here. Thats my only issue. I have the iphone6plus and it barley fits if I place in just right. Had to remove the foam liner and can't plug the usb in. I keep my phone on the handlebars now so I can plug it in. Planning on taking the phone cuddy out this winter and cutting the back out and making an extension. Just gotta see how much depth I can add do to batwing

Old 11-27-2015, 07:27 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Personally, if the MOCO had offered a Limited without the infotainment system, I would have bought one.

Since they didn't, I just leave mine turned off.

BTW, I've found that if I turn it off while the "accept" screen is on, it'll stay off when I re-start the bike (most of the time, anyway).

I'm still running whichever version came on the bike.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
airjoe
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

All this talk of updates, Mac, Fat 2, USB. It seems like just yesterday I was installing heli coils in the striped out spark plug sockets of my 73 shovel. Times have changed!

Old 12-01-2015, 04:13 PM
bikeymikey
6th Gear
Unhappy Infotainment Update 1.19.1 Reply

Running this. Based on last talk with HD Case manager, this is due to incorrect voltage seen by the stereo. I am on 2nd replacement, so went back to dealer. They ran tests on all electrical connections and found no problem. For fun tech installed "test" radio still running version 1.17.1 and it worked fine. Tech contacted HD Tech Service, CNA contractor and Harmen Kardon. They all had the same response..."we don't have the old software available. Was in that business a long time, and never threw away possible back up software. HD tald tech there is another update due out in 2016...no commitment to a day or even month. Tech service also could not or would not tell him what the update will address. Tech only found 2 error codes for stereo. One showed historic, but the other showed loss of serial communications. It seem HD views the ECU connection as a serial port, so it is possible that this is causing the issue, but HD would never tell the tech or me where the voltage error is coming from. The tech even tried a factory reset from the stereo panel, but it actually did nothing, no change in any version of software/firmware. Shucks, it didn't even reset my radio station.
My new scare is that since this is not a universal problem, how long do I have before there is a bigger ECU problem. I even tried going through the BBB, Harley stonewalled it at Consumer Affairs. Even though I reported problems to my selling HD dealer, HD said that since I did not contact them until after the warranty expired I would have to deal with CNA, their extended warranty protection contractor. Sure wish I had someone on the inside who actually cared about the rider. I'm stating to think that many of the complaints about dealers showing up on other sites may be due to lack of support from the mother ship.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by airjoe
All this talk of updates, Mac, Fat 2, USB. It seems like just yesterday I was installing heli coils in the striped out spark plug sockets of my 73 shovel. Times have changed!
A-friggin'-men, Brother!!

Can't really say whether it's for the better or not, though.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 PM
bikeymikey
6th Gear
Default Infotainment Update 1.19.1 Update Reply

For those following this who want something different, check out Volunteer Audio, available via eBay or Amazon. They carry a full installation kit for 2014 and 2015 Harley tourers, and a variety of stereo units. They also have kits to allow for continued use of the handlebar controls. I also looked at Cycle Sounds, but found only a single brand (JVC) available. Volunteer lists several marine quality units.

Quick Reply: Infotainment 1.19.1.1 Update