Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 05:38 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by UnaHarlista
I used the Arlen Ness brand for $26.00, but a lot of guys used the ones from Drag Specialties and have had no issues.
Here's a link:http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...p/ds290573.htm
thanks! Got the bushings on order now.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

So
My buddy did Yaffe bars on his 2010 SG and had to have a shop pull the right side. He was able to get the left side pulled himself.

I thought , lets get the hard side done first
I started the wire pull on the right hand side, pulled with little issues.

Well after several hours I can not get the wires pulled with the Heated grips on the left side
I even stripped all of the HD factory cover off and heat shrinked all wires into smaller bundles
The 2 bundle 5 wires for the factory heated grips, just will not pull. had to make 2 bundles cause one set runs in the middle of the bars and one runs on the outside.
We are able to get the base wires on the left side pulled no issues.
So looks like Im ditching the heated grips
Ordered the Avon Air grips yesterday along with another set of Polly risers, seems that I have misplaced the HD ones I bought.
Im sure they will turn up this spring when I clean the Garage.

One note on the new riser bushings
If like me you have everything torn apart including the ignition switch.
beware of turning the front forks to get to the riser bushing bolts with the ignition out ( My bike is in a wheel lock looking forward)
I was told the forks could lock. I for one almost did this.
This is bad as it will leave you screwed until you get a tool from HD to unlock the forks.
Just a word to the wise

Old 02-03-2016, 03:08 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
So
My buddy did Yaffe bars on his 2010 SG and had to have a shop pull the right side. He was able to get the left side pulled himself.

Well after several hours I can not get the wires pulled with the Heated grips on the left side
I even stripped all of the HD factory cover off and heat shrinked all wires into smaller bundles
The 2 bundle 5 wires for the factory heated grips, just will not pull. had to make 2 bundles cause one set runs in the middle of the bars and one runs on the outside.
Ordered the Avon Air grips yesterday along with another set of Polly risers, seems that I have misplaced the HD ones I bought.

beware of turning the front forks to get to the riser bushing bolts with the ignition out ( My bike is in a wheel lock looking forward)
This is bad as it will leave you screwed until you get a tool from HD to unlock the forks.
Just a word to the wise
nah! You don't need that tool. It's like $100 for that tool and I got it done with a long narrow screwdriver. You will just need a little patience as it took me a couple tries. In fact I think if I recall correctly you want your wheel in the lock position bc it makes it easier to line up the ignition for it to drop in correctly.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,855 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by CPT_Carrera
nah! You don't need that tool. It's like $100 for that tool and I got it done with a long narrow screwdriver. You will just need a little patience as it took me a couple tries. In fact I think if I recall correctly you want your wheel in the lock position bc it makes it easier to line up the ignition for it to drop in correctly.
Or you can simply put the ignition right back in once you take the lower fairing off and never need any tool.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:14 PM
82fat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to install 12 inch MBB on my 15 SGS. Is NXCH-J08 the correct part number for the wiring extensions I need though Namz?

Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu88
Got my 14's in .. Now just have to put them on ����

12" installed today.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:12 PM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gpeake13j

12" installed today.
So a delay is processing, just got back from downrange. Installed bars over the course of a weekend basically. Take your time and it's not bad. Running the wires through the bars is a complete PITA. I did it twice. Each side. Broken wires, plug came disconnected inside bars etc. fml. I threw a few tantrums to say the least. Anyways, did A 200 mile loop, and the bars are great over stock. Height put me exactly at shoulder height. I'm 6'0. Great comfort and increased control over the bike. Wrist angle is improved, so no tingling hands.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by gpeake13j
So a delay is processing, just got back from downrange. Installed bars over the course of a weekend basically. Take your time and it's not bad. Running the wires through the bars is a complete PITA. I did it twice. Each side. Broken wires, plug came disconnected inside bars etc. fml. I threw a few tantrums to say the least. Anyways, did A 200 mile loop, and the bars are great over stock. Height put me exactly at shoulder height. I'm 6'0. Great comfort and increased control over the bike. Wrist angle is improved, so no tingling hands.
Thanks
I was hoping that these would be easier to install Vs the Yaffe bars
But Im finding that the bend , no matter what brand of bars makes the wire pull a PIA, even on the 10 inch set I bought
Congrats the bars look nice

Old 02-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Blu88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bars wild 1 reapers

Finally got the bars on .. 14 inch wild 1 reapers .. And long ride shield 12 inch

Old 02-21-2016, 12:38 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
So

Just a word to the wise
Saga Continues
I coudnt pull the left side with the heated grips
So we abandon the heated grips in favor of some avon air grips
Got the wires pulled Sat
Funny thing
I have been using this Conduit lube. Its marked non corrosive.

But when we repulled the lines back out, I got a lot of brown gunk out of the bars.

So this lube had been sitting in the bars for a week or two,I was trying to make up my mine on what to do next,
It looks like rust . SIGH
I didnt take any pictures. Wish I would have
And it gets better
The left side 16 count wire was real short to the plug in the fairing.
I noticed it during break down.
Well the left side wire loom is to short !!!!!!!
Debated about getting Namz extensions.
I think im just going to cut and splice and solder with heat shrink on the 14 wires..

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes