Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 01-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

OK So I Have the hard side done (Right)
I have heated grips as well so there are a lot of wires to pull
One tip leave the throttle out of the bar when you pull. I pulled the wires thru the hole and taped them to the control wires then pushed the throttle in, this put a bend inn the wires at the hole, we worked thru it, But Ill leave the heated grip out and pull it with the wires into the bars as I go on the left side.
Bit they pulled easy with the Conduit lube I bought at Menards or Lowes

Old 01-25-2016, 07:20 PM
rvdoc
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by babygorilla
You installed the 12's and they are behind the fairing as it looks in your pics? Would you happen to have a side view? Thank you

Old 01-25-2016, 09:23 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RK1679
Well I finally got my 14" Mayhem bars with heated grips completed over the weekend. The left heated grip was on extended backorder for a month. Nice quality handlebars tall enough to keep the stock mirrors usable. Turned out nice!

on the 14" bars did you have to replace or extend your throttle, brake, and clutch lines or was it similar to the 12" bars where you can simply cut the zip ties and free up some length?

The following users liked this post:
Street G (02-05-2018)
Old 01-25-2016, 10:34 PM
RK1679
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I and others on this forum were able to use the stock lines on the 14's. You will need to remove the cables from a clip holder and clip some zip ties.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:55 AM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
OK So I Have the hard side done (Right)
I have heated grips as well so there are a lot of wires to pull
One tip leave the throttle out of the bar when you pull. I pulled the wires thru the hole and taped them to the control wires then pushed the throttle in, this put a bend inn the wires at the hole, we worked thru it, But Ill leave the heated grip out and pull it with the wires into the bars as I go on the left side.
Bit they pulled easy with the Conduit lube I bought at Menards or Lowes

Great tips and info! I should be back from downrange here pretty soon and will try to take pics as well when I do my install.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:35 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

I and others on this forum were able to use the stock lines on the 14's. You will need to remove the cables from a clip holder and clip some zip ties.
Thanks. It would be great to see images or videos from guys that have done this using the sock length cables with longer bars but I'm sure I'll figure it out. If anyone does please post a link or add a photo of what cable clamps or zip tie locations you removed and where you re-routed those cables etc. I'm not going to go with the wild 1 bars though. About $100 too much for me. I'm thinking a set of the prime apes which come 13" and run about $225. Hopefully that keeps me with enough stock cable length AND let's me keep my stock mirrors. I have a painted inner fairing so I think that might look all jacked upon I pull them off.

Last edited by CPT_Carrera; 01-26-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:48 AM
RK1679
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for this topic "Yaffe bar install on Rushmore models". Some good tips on the install and re-routing of the cables. The handlebar swap out is not an easy job but not overly difficult either. Just time consuming and takes some patience. I really like the KST Mayhem bars. Nice fit and finish and reasonably priced with a forum discount from Eastern Performance. I wanted to keep my fairing mirrors so I went with the 14" bars. I have them "rolled" back towards the gas tank and the stock mirrors work fine. The 12" would have blocked the mirrors for me at 6'-1" or so.

Last edited by RK1679; 01-26-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:23 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

Do a search for this topic "Yaffe bar install on Rushmore models". Some good tips on the install and re-routing of the cables. The handlebar swap out is not an easy job but not overly difficult either. Just time consuming and takes some patience. I really like the KST Mayhem bars. Nice fit and finish and reasonably priced with a forum discount from Eastern Performance. I wanted to keep my fairing mirrors so I went with the 14" bars. I have them "rolled" back towards the gas tank and the stock mirrors work fine. The 12" would have blocked the mirrors for me at 6'-1" or so.

Anyone recommend which riser bushings to go with? The Harley ones are $40 and pretty sure I read someone got em for about half that.
Thanks

Old 02-01-2016, 04:11 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CPT_Carrera
Anyone recommend which riser bushings to go with? The Harley ones are $40 and pretty sure I read someone got em for about half that.
Thanks
I used the Arlen Ness brand for $26.00, but a lot of guys used the ones from Drag Specialties and have had no issues.
Here's a link:http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...p/ds290573.htm

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes