Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 08:44 AM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Also like how they seem to go more with the contour of the fairing.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:10 AM
RK1679
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RK1679, I'm surprised you've got that much control cable sticking out the center section of the bars; on my 12" MBB I barely had anything sticking out...
Bars look good. Looking forward to seeing it all back together.[/QUOTE]

I was also surprised that I had about 4" of right side control wire. Add 12" Namz to that! We'll see what the left side has in store. I had also heard that the CVO's did not have the TBW green connector...mine sure did.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:37 PM
BlackDenim103
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpeake13j
Sweet man! Thank you for posting a pic. I can't wait to get home to put mine on.. I got them in Chrome (12"), but that black looks great. Hopefully don't regret getting the chrome ones!
No problem man. Post pics of yours too please! I know I need to go finish up my bars but work just keeps getting in the way. But the chrome I had looked awesome too. Couldn't see one flaw and I was checking all over for the quality of the whole bars before I had them send the black ones. If it seemed shotty, I was gonna just tell them I wanted my money back. But after seeing the chrome there was no going back! Haha

Old 12-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Moose Nugget
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-14-2015, 09:11 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Installed some 12" Reapers over the weekend. When I get the mirrors on I will take pics. Had the usual issues (green connector is a BIOTCH!) and I used NAMZ longer wires for the controls and an extension on the throttle (which was not really necessary, but made life easier). Re-routed the Clutch line in front of the neck, pulled some lack out of the brake line by clipping the zip ties.

My only SNAFU was the damn clutch and brake master cylinders started weeping. Tightened down the clutch cover and it is good to go now. The brake I had to pop the cover off and clean and reinstall finger tip tight since my inch/lb torque wrench doesn't go that low. Seems to have worked so far.

I installed plastic hole plugs (Chrysler 1 inch) into the fairing holes where the mirrors were, since the 12's made them useless. Backed with a nut and fender washer. Close enough match for me.

Like I said, pics will go in my album when I get the mirrors on, hopefully this weekend.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:47 AM
RK1679
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I finally got my 14" Mayhem bars with heated grips completed over the weekend. The left heated grip was on extended backorder for a month. Nice quality handlebars tall enough to keep the stock mirrors usable. Turned out nice!

Old 12-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by babygorilla
Installed some 12" Reapers over the weekend. When I get the mirrors on I will take pics. Had the usual issues (green connector is a BIOTCH!) and I used NAMZ longer wires for the controls and an extension on the throttle (which was not really necessary, but made life easier). Re-routed the Clutch line in front of the neck, pulled some lack out of the brake line by clipping the zip ties.

My only SNAFU was the damn clutch and brake master cylinders started weeping. Tightened down the clutch cover and it is good to go now. The brake I had to pop the cover off and clean and reinstall finger tip tight since my inch/lb torque wrench doesn't go that low. Seems to have worked so far.

I installed plastic hole plugs (Chrysler 1 inch) into the fairing holes where the mirrors were, since the 12's made them useless. Backed with a nut and fender washer. Close enough match for me.

Like I said, pics will go in my album when I get the mirrors on, hopefully this weekend.

How hard were the wires to pull? They supposedly smoothed the bend .

Old 12-14-2015, 11:58 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
How hard were the wires to pull? They supposedly smoothed the bend .
The left wires weren't too bad. The right side sucked donkey nuts. You can't de-pin the right controls and the TBW green connector is too big. Still a pain to run it. Due to the extreme bends at the "points". But those are what makes it look cool.

When it finally went it surprised me, I had been working on it for hours and then POOF! through it went.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by babygorilla
The left wires weren't too bad. The right side sucked donkey nuts. You can't de-pin the right controls and the TBW green connector is too big. Still a pain to run it. Due to the extreme bends at the "points". But those are what makes it look cool.

When it finally went it surprised me, I had been working on it for hours and then POOF! through it went.
Crap sounds as bad as the Monkey Bars
I may have mine done this weekend. Im down to removing the old bars.
Thanks for the heads up

Old 12-14-2015, 03:00 PM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Finally got my bars installed and realized I will have to replace my mirrors. Can anyone tell me where I can get a nice set of plugs for the fairing mirrors. I've seen some chrome ones with what looked like something from the Willie G collection. Don't know if this is something available from Harley or aftermarket? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes-handlebar-3.jpg   Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes-handlebar-4.jpg  

Last edited by 02BlueDeuce; 12-14-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes