Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 07:13 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
Thanks!

Just out of curiosity ... would some of you share what choice of poly riser bushings you chose? Are they all the same ... or is one better over the other?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I used the Drag Specialties OEM poly replacements. Cost me $11 and the bars are solid.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:42 AM
BlackDenim103
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Wild 1 and they said no poly bushings would fit without having the bars contact the fairing. I went ahead and bought the same as echo just said, i figured for 12 bucks it was worth the risk. Ill advise how that works out also

Old 11-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDenim103
I called Wild 1 and they said no poly bushings would fit without having the bars contact the fairing. I went ahead and bought the same as echo just said, i figured for 12 bucks it was worth the risk. Ill advise how that works out also
Did they say why?
Arent the polys the same size just different build material?
Dosent make sense to me
I have some Polys to install they are the HD ones
Ill see what happens

Old 11-18-2015, 12:19 PM
BlackDenim103
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
Did they say why?
Arent the polys the same size just different build material?
Dosent make sense to me
I have some Polys to install they are the HD ones
Ill see what happens
He said the clearance is too tight. I said "so even the harley direct replacement ones..." he stopped me before I finished and said " Yes, even the harley ones wont work, just swap the bars and enjoy your new ride"
im not sure if maybe the rubber ones squish a little more when torqued. im not sure. but like you, Im gonna find out for sure if it will or wont work while i already have everything apart. SCREW doing this job again! haha

Old 11-18-2015, 01:14 PM
BlackDenim103
Intermediate

ignore the mess of a garage. after this handlebar install and finishing up the amp and speakers... its time to clean again for the season. but here is a rough idea of what 12 will get you. keep in mind these will roll a little more forward and put the bars just over the top of the fairing (doesnt look like it in the pics I know) I plan to finish it up tonight after i get off work

Old 11-18-2015, 05:22 PM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ignore the mess of a garage. after this handlebar install and finishing up the amp and speakers... its time to clean again for the season. but here is a rough idea of what 12 will get you. keep in mind these will roll a little more forward and put the bars just over the top of the fairing (doesnt look like it in the pics I know) I plan to finish it up tonight after i get off work

Looks good! How long did that much take you to do?
And did those Drag Specialties bushings go in fairly easily?

Are those bars wider than the Yaffe's, or is it just the angling of the picture?

Old 11-18-2015, 06:00 PM
BlackDenim103
Intermediate

to this point it was only maybe 2 hours. I wasn't trying to be fast bc I wanted to make sure I took the time to pay attention to how it all goes back together and my roommate was working on something else next to me, and we don't get a lot of time to bullshit anymore... so ya I wasn't giving it my all. haha
but the bushings are still not in yet. I literally put the bars in the clamp and tested first, then went and got a beer or 3. but judging by how thick the stock bushings look under the clamp... I really don't see why there would be a problem with the poly's.
and my buddy has 10 yaffes, and yes these are maybe half an inch wider on each side. perfect IMO

Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 PM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks great BlackDenim103, I was wondering how tall you are and are your arms level when your sitting on the bike or raised or lowered from level. I'm 5'10" and I'm trying to decide if I should go 10" or 12" for my 14 SGS. Thanks for any input you or anyone else can give me.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:31 PM
BlackDenim103
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
Looks great BlackDenim103, I was wondering how tall you are and are your arms level when your sitting on the bike or raised or lowered from level. I'm 5'10" and I'm trying to decide if I should go 10" or 12" for my 14 SGS. Thanks for any input you or anyone else can give me.
I'm also 5'10" and I have to say 12 is perfect. It puts my hands just under shoulder height. VERY slight down angle but that's exactly what I wanted. Also the grips don't seem to be as far apart as I was fearing they would be. I don't like feeling like I'm trying to bear hug my bike with my bars if that makes sense. But I didn't get any farther tonight as my girl was awake when I got home from work. That's unusual so I took the opportunity and hung out with my other baby.
Edit: also the 12's put the grips just out of mirror way! So that's a huge plus

Last edited by BlackDenim103; 11-18-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby Bagger Reaper Apes