Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another GPS test

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 09:48 PM
14Glide
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've encountered the left turn vs right turn vs go straight conflict several times. Most recently was on a trip to New England two weeks ago when we were riding out to Gloucester. Arrow at bottom said turn right in 100 yds onto Hwy xxN whereas you had to turn left. Just happened to see the road sign in time. The gps seems to be very accurate in showing your location. However one gripe I have is when you zoom out to get a better view of where you're headed or what's around you all the road names disappear. The screen is really not much bigger than most smart phones nowadays when you consider the space the top and bottom menu icons take up. One feature that some marine gps's have that would be useful is "look ahead" which puts your location cursor closer to the bottom of the screen rather than the center and shows you less of what's behind you and more of what's ahead of you.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:14 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by gwellis
And YOU ride one of their sleds. What does that make you?
That makes me a person that loves the bike but has no respect whatsoever for the company that produced it or its policies.

Seems pretty simple to me, but I'm happy to explain it to you.

Last edited by jpooch00; 10-23-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

You have been pounding on this from the day you bought your scooter. I used the POI in the middle of nowhere for Clear Lake State Campground in northern Iowa and the Nav took me rite to the driveway. I punched in a Motel (POI) in Aberdene SD when I left Tomahawk WI. along with three other 2014 dressers using my waypoints I had created and loaded into the unit and it performed flawlessly from beginning to end of a 4500 circular trip using 2 lane and county roads. Question 1: do you know how to use your system? Question 2: if you feel it does not work correctly, why do you not take it to a dealership and have them fix it?
Statement: Quit your pissin and moanin or sell your sled and buy something your whiney a++ likes!
Awww. Did the little fanboy get his drawers all in a knot because somebody had an opinion that was different than his?

That's just so sad! Better call yer mommy and cry to her about it!

Sheesh. This is a forum - a place to share opinions and ideas - not an "I love everything about these bikes" fan site.

Last edited by jpooch00; 10-23-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:38 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by thevirginian
I don't quite follow your question. Am I supposed to calibrate this piece of junk myself, because I happen to be the owner of it? I can only hope and assume it is calibrated, since it shows the roads and streets accurately, most of the time. The problem obviously lies in the POI menu. On numerous occasions was it completely off track on my system. If somebody tries to explain to me it works flawlessly for him, he either does not understand what a GPS is supposed to do, or hasn't checked any POI in his system. What I also find a joke is the fact that the MOCO puts a three year old map in a brand spanking new bike. Now that is more than cheap and shows only how greedy this company really is.
If you're at your house, zoom in as close as you can. Does the GPS show you that you're there or some place just near that? There is a place in the NAV setup that you can set your location. That's what calibrates the map to the coordinates that it reads. I believe it's called "set location."

Old 10-23-2015, 12:13 PM
thevirginian
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You have been pounding on this from the day you bought your scooter. I used the POI in the middle of nowhere for Clear Lake State Campground in northern Iowa and the Nav took me rite to the driveway. I punched in a Motel (POI) in Aberdene SD when I left Tomahawk WI. along with three other 2014 dressers using my waypoints I had created and loaded into the unit and it performed flawlessly from beginning to end of a 4500 circular trip using 2 lane and county roads. Question 1: do you know how to use your system? Question 2: if you feel it does not work correctly, why do you not take it to a dealership and have them fix it?
Statement: Quit your pissin and moanin or sell your sled and buy something your whiney a++ likes!
You're sure a nice fellow. Should be proud of yourself. I don't recall that I stepped on your toes before, have I? Yes, I started to bitch about this crappy GPS when others started a thread first. And what's wrong with complaining? If I shell out 25K for something that turns out faulty, I am supposed to shut my mouth, or better, sell that pricy possession, instead of whining? Thanks to guys like you the MOCO is not going to change anything, because they feel the complaints are not too overwhelming, greedy, as they are. Oh, before I forget, let me give you this piece of advice: Don't stick your nose in things that are none of your f.. business and concern, OK? Thanks, brother. And ride safely!

Old 10-23-2015, 12:18 PM
thevirginian
Tourer

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
If you're at your house, zoom in as close as you can. Does the GPS show you that you're there or some place just near that? There is a place in the NAV setup that you can set your location. That's what calibrates the map to the coordinates that it reads. I believe it's called "set location."
Thanks brother, I really appreciate your well thought advise and will check it out tomorrow when I ride again.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:25 PM
thevirginian
Tourer

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Awww. Did the little fanboy get his drawers all in a knot because somebody had an opinion that was different than his?

That's just so sad! Better call yer mommy and cry to her about it!

Sheesh. This is a forum - a place to share opinions and ideas - not an "I love everything about these bikes" fan site.
Don't mind him. Not worth it. In every forum you'll find black sheep that either pretends to beexceptionally smart, or have enjoyment in insulting others.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:40 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by thevirginian
Don't mind him. Not worth it. In every forum you'll find black sheep that either pretends to beexceptionally smart, or have enjoyment in insulting others.
Yeah, I know. Just thought a little comeback was in order.