Sponsored by:

How to enable the EIMTS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 03:15 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Default How to enable the EIMTS?

Can somebody explain to me what I am doing wrong in enabling the EIMTS of a Limited 2015 (switching off rear cylinder during idling)
According the manual I have to:
- put the main switch on zero
- put the kill switch on 'off'
- turn the main switch to 'contact"
- switch the kill switch to 'run"
- turn the handgrip to 'throttle"
- the icon for 'Cruise Control' will flash red or green
- Red is 'disabled' and green is 'enabled'
- to change the settings, repeat the procedure above

I don't see a fu..ing 'cruise control' icon flashing at all !! The fans of the cooling system start working instead.
Even not after several tries during the last three weeks or so
All of a sudden fully unexpected the icon appeared and showed red flashing. The attempt to repeat the procedure failed completely again as usual.
What I am doing wrong??

Old 10-19-2015, 03:36 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

On my new Road King I roll the throttle hand grip Backward and hold it about 3 seconds ..

Old 10-19-2015, 03:37 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

You have it right except you have to roll the throttle OFF (away from you) and hold for a couple seconds ... then watch for the cruise icon to change color or turn your screen to read oil press/air temp and you will also see it change. Rolling the throttle ON (towards you) is what tests the fans and water pump.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Ok, sounds to be the solution...Thanks brothers.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 AM
TX Toad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just enable/disable mine by hitting the information button and then use the joystick to select the EITMS field on the LED screen and then toggle left and right for enable or disable. Can be done on the fly while running.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:34 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Toad
I just enable/disable mine by hitting the information button and then use the joystick to select the EITMS field on the LED screen and then toggle left and right for enable or disable. Can be done on the fly while running.
Thanks, I din't know you could do it that way! ... learn something new everyday. The throttle "twisted off" routine doesn't work on mine unless the ignition is on and the engine is off so you can't do it on the fly ... even stopped in neutral running it won't work. I will try your way next time I'm out. I like mine disabled, but every time I do a flash with my fp3 it must default it back to "enabled" for some reason so I'm constantly turning it off all the time.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:52 AM
BillJ
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
Thanks, I din't know you could do it that way! ... learn something new everyday. The throttle "twisted off" routine doesn't work on mine unless the ignition is on and the engine is off so you can't do it on the fly ... even stopped in neutral running it won't work. I will try your way next time I'm out. I like mine disabled, but every time I do a flash with my fp3 it must default it back to "enabled" for some reason so I'm constantly turning it off all the time.
I have found it takes two or three tries to get it to disable or enable by twisting the throttle grip forward. It never does it on the first try and sometimes it takes a third try but mine will enable or disable while the engine is running in neutral.

I did not know you could use the joy sticks through the boom radio system. I am going to try that now.

OK I tired to change it with the joy sticks and it is no go, I don't find any way to change it with the 6.5 boom system.

Last edited by BillJ; 10-20-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts
Default How to enable the EIMTS?

You have to be on the "info" screen to toggle EITMS on/off from the infotainment system. That's selected with the front part of the right turn signal.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

[QUOTE=TX Toad;14495321]I just enable/disable mine by hitting the information button and then use the joystick to select the EITMS field on the LED screen and then toggle left and right for enable or disable. Can be done on the fly while running.[/QUOTE

After 17K miles learned a new trick mine was turned off for some reason try turning it on while bike was running using throttle but no luck had to wait till stopped. I'll give it try next time Thanks.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:45 AM
BillJ
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
You have to be on the "info" screen to toggle EITMS on/off from the infotainment system. That's selected with the front part of the right turn signal.
Mine does not toggle down into the info screen like that. I can pull up that screen but I can't navigate to any of the three items on that screen with the joy stick.

The only thing I can do with the joy stick is exit that screen which is the command at the top right on that screen. I have 1.19.1 software version do you have a different version?

Quick Reply: How to enable the EIMTS?