Sponsored by:

Let me see your road glide windshields

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:27 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I bought a 12" freedom shield, and it's still not enough, I'm thinking I may need 15". the 12 moves the air right to my eyes, and dries them out.

I don't have a buffeting problem, its more so a cant hear the radio problem & with the cold weather on the horizon, an want to stay warm problem.
Try the hd road glide air deflectors. Honestly I noticed a big difference in the radio volume and the wind in the face. I have a 13" freedom and the two together work great for me. I am 6'1" with 34 inch inseam. I have an ultimate seat that sits me about 1 inch higher than the stock seat so shield height should be same? I noticed a big change with the wind deflectors and re-routing air coming from the fuel tank. Good 35 dollar investment to at least trying it before trying a new shield. It takes the air from the tank and pushes it straight up making it seem like the shield is higher. I look way over my 13" and I feel like I'm in a cage with the windows down. Clean pocket of air, no buffering. It's been in the low to mid forties here lately on the coast and I am comfortable in a fleece riding to work.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:25 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by JP-FLSTFB
Try the hd road glide air deflectors. Honestly I noticed a big difference in the radio volume and the wind in the face. I have a 13" freedom and the two together work great for me. I am 6'1" with 34 inch inseam. I have an ultimate seat that sits me about 1 inch higher than the stock seat so shield height should be same? I noticed a big change with the wind deflectors and re-routing air coming from the fuel tank. Good 35 dollar investment to at least trying it before trying a new shield. It takes the air from the tank and pushes it straight up making it seem like the shield is higher. I look way over my 13" and I feel like I'm in a cage with the windows down. Clean pocket of air, no buffering. It's been in the low to mid forties here lately on the coast and I am comfortable in a fleece riding to work.
I have them on, the style from the 13's and prior though. I moved them over from my old ride. I did see the ones for the 15+ are slightly different, ther is an added side deflector. Wonder how much difference that extra piece adds?

Old 10-09-2015, 05:42 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I have them on, the style from the 13's and prior though. I moved them over from my old ride. I did see the ones for the 15+ are slightly different, ther is an added side deflector. Wonder how much difference that extra piece adds?
There is a side deflector on the new ones but can't tell you the difference I never rode with the older style...

Old 10-10-2015, 12:59 PM
boomer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the HD 15" wind splitter after a ride in the rain. Not sure if the size and name are right. It's the tallest they had.
It did ok but still got a lot of bugs on the forehead.
In Sturgis I got the 14" windvest and really like it freeway riding I can put in a dip of Copenhagen.
That said I think I might still try the KW just because I like the look.
Sorry no pictures.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

14" KW Sportflare - 5'8" zero buffeting, best screen on any Harley I've had.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:45 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 234 Likes on 170 Posts

pretty bike

Old 10-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
pretty bike
Moi? Cheers

Old 10-11-2015, 01:36 PM
68_340_Cuda
Advanced

Originally Posted by dzlpwr
How are you guys with the cee baileys shields liking them? I am really thinking about a 13" touring for the colder weather.

That's what I have and I'm very happy with it but maybe I could have gone 1 or 2 inches lower.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:10 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

I just got my 2015 road glide a week and a half ago and I am looking for windshields. I am looking at the freedom windshields and some of the owners of that brand are making the right noises about their product. about to throw the credit card number in now to place that order.

I am 6'4" tall and that stock "windshield" is doing absolutely zero for me. thinking about getting the 14" model. with the up turn in the shield, I think that will work just fine for me.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:22 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

I ended up ordering a Klock Werks 15" Pro touring Flare, Hoping it does the trick. Once I get it, I will be selling the 12" Freedom Shield.

Quick Reply: Let me see your road glide windshields