2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Topshop Minister rear fender with CVO lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015 | 08:10 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

That's a really sharp looking setup. I have the same bike and am trying to decide what combo for the rear I want to use if I do anything at all.

Is there any chance you can post pics of the bike at different angles?

Old 09-30-2015 | 09:42 PM
Vision
|
Road Captain

Thank you very much! i will snap a few extra pics for you tomorrow and post them.

Old 09-30-2015 | 09:57 PM
Vision
|
Road Captain

I actually forgot I had a couple of side-profile pics. You can compare the before and after of the extended bags by looking at my signature picture prior to me installing the new bags. Also I've included a non flash shot to show the CVO lights blacked out on the fender.

Old 10-01-2015 | 08:59 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

Ugh, I can feel my wallet getting lighter already...

Thanks for the pics; I really like that smooth look out back. I'll admit that I'm kind of apprehensive about going with a fiberglass replacement fender. I watched a video the other day of a guy standing on one of the Topshop pieces; it held the weight and I know they're load tested...

I was leaning toward the Jim Nasi steel fender simply because it's metal. Not crazy about the turn signals being so close and located in the plate frame though. I would like to buy the bags/fender from the same company to ensure that the cutouts line up out back but some companies I like the fender, but not the bags or vise versa...

Do you get much flex or vibration with the fiberglass rear fender?

Old 10-01-2015 | 11:48 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Are they the Viper bags you have on?
Is that the stock rear fender in your first pic? (side shot with the Lucky Strike bike in the background)
Any plans to put on the extended side covers?

As the last poster stated, I too love the Top Shop extended bags and side covers but prefer the Bad Daddy Summit rear fender - I just can't decided what tail lights to go with - I'm leaning to the Custom Dynamics Plasma rods personally....

Last edited by JMC22; 10-01-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2015 | 12:09 PM
SGMongoose
Tourer

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra

Thanks for the pics; I really like that smooth look out back. I'll admit that I'm kind of apprehensive about going with a fiberglass replacement fender. I watched a video the other day of a guy standing on one of the Topshop pieces; it held the weight and I know they're load tested...

I was leaning toward the Jim Nasi steel fender simply because it's metal. Not crazy about the turn signals being so close and located in the plate frame though. I would like to buy the bags/fender from the same company to ensure that the cutouts line up out back but some companies I like the fender, but not the bags or vise versa...

i have the same reservations... with as much as my bags and fenders shake now, i would seriously be worries about the paint eventually cracking. i do love the look tho.

Old 10-01-2015 | 02:03 PM
fltrxcrzy
Cruiser

That looks great! I've always liked the look of the 2009-2013 CVO tail "Cadillac" lights! These '14 and new CVO lights are fugly to me..IMO

Old 10-01-2015 | 06:50 PM
Vision
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra

I think you would be surprised at how sturdy this fender is. It actually uses the same bracing as the stock fender. I can't detect any flex in it and I'm a big guy.

Originally Posted by JMC22
Are they the Viper bags you have on?
Is that the stock rear fender in your first pic? (side shot with the Lucky Strike bike in the background)
Any plans to put on the extended side covers?

As the last poster stated, I too love the Top Shop extended bags and side covers but prefer the Bad Daddy Summit rear fender - I just can't decided what tail lights to go with - I'm leaning to the Custom Dynamics Plasma rods personally....
Not sure who makes viper bags. These are from ridebikegear.Com and they are the 4.5 inch version. I ordered them unpainted.

I've thought about the side covers, but I will not buy them unless I decide to put a stretch tank on. They go well With the lines of the stretch tanks. Not so much imo with the stock tank, which I still like very much.

Originally Posted by SGMongoose
i have the same reservations... with as much as my bags and fenders shake now, i would seriously be worries about the paint eventually cracking. i do love the look tho.
No shaking that I can detect yet. I use twist **** fasteners on my bags instead of the Harley clips and pins. I did not trust those things at all! Much more secure now.

Originally Posted by fltrxcrzy
That looks great! I've always liked the look of the 2009-2013 CVO tail "Cadillac" lights! These '14 and new CVO lights are fugly to me..IMO
Thanks! I was so happy it was the old CVO lights that they offered the fender with. The flush mout of the old lights look great. I think Harley went in the opposite direction with the new CVO lights. Very happy with these.

Last edited by Vision; 10-01-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2015 | 08:13 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vision
I think you would be surprised at how sturdy this fender is. It actually uses the same bracing as the stock fender. I can't detect any flex in it and I'm a big guy.

No shaking that I can detect yet. I use twist **** fasteners on my bags instead of the Harley clips and pins. I did not trust those things at all! Much more secure now.

Thanks for the responses Vision; I'm starting to get a much better feeling about going this route.

If you don't mind, what are these twist **** fasteners you're using to secure your bags? Mine feel tight, but obviously I'd rather have something that's threaded vs pinned.

Old 10-03-2015 | 08:52 AM
Vision
|
Road Captain

The ***** are fluted ***** from home Depot along with extended automotive u clamps that replaces the clamp that Harely puts on the bikes to lock on the push pin. You will need a fender washer and a lock washer. It's a much better more secure way of attaching the bags and the conversion takes every bit of five minutes to complete.

Quick Reply: Topshop Minister rear fender with CVO lights