Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio volume fluctuating

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 06:27 PM
cash64
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Definatley a warranty thing once you have eliminated the WB possibility along with Nav setting and AVC. Assumming you purchased it new THAT dealer should take care of it with a new head unit etc.... If not I'd find a dealer that will, especially within the 2 year MOCO warranty

Old 09-13-2015, 06:28 PM
scott_db
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Harley amp and boom stage 1 speakers in my 2015 road glide. For me it's like the sound is wobbling.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:01 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dzlpwr
From what I'm reading, the DSP Seems like it's the culprit. Can it be re flashed to get rid of this? Without adding an amp? If so, what flash do I need to ask my tech to install?
There's several different opinions on this. The most popular solution right now is the same one that I just got and I love it. It's the Biketronics recommended flash, click here. Mine is clear as a bell at all speeds, and I even have some noticeable bass at high speeds.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:04 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Just re-read your post and saw your reluctance to get an amp. If you're also keeping the stock speakers then I don't know if I'd get any flash done. The Harley DSP is tailored/mated to the factory (read: crap) speakers. It allows Harley to go cheap on the speakers without blowing them. You will never be happy with it until you get rid of those stock speakers and add an amp.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:23 PM
dzlpwr
Advanced

Originally Posted by jpalm
Just re-read your post and saw your reluctance to get an amp. If you're also keeping the stock speakers then I don't know if I'd get any flash done. The Harley DSP is tailored/mated to the factory (read: crap) speakers. It allows Harley to go cheap on the speakers without blowing them. You will never be happy with it until you get rid of those stock speakers and add an amp.
It has hogtunes speakers in it. No amp. The new speakers have better sound quality no doubt. When it works... Like you said, I don't think I'll be happy with it until I add an amp.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Facebook APP is giving me an issue like that. After using FB prior to riding, any time I get a notification on my phone (Text, FB, E-Mail, ect.) the volume will go down for the notification sound, and instead of coming back up the music will stay at the lower volume.

I have made it a habit to close out all apps prior to getting on the bike. Seemed to fix it for me.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:55 PM
dzlpwr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Seventy4blazer
Facebook APP is giving me an issue like that. After using FB prior to riding, any time I get a notification on my phone (Text, FB, E-Mail, ect.) the volume will go down for the notification sound, and instead of coming back up the music will stay at the lower volume.

I have made it a habit to close out all apps prior to getting on the bike. Seemed to fix it for me.
Yep I've noticed that with the Fb app when I use my phone to play music in the truck. I close it out too.

On another note, I am pretty confident that my issue is not a warranty issue. It's the shitty DSP programming in the radio. I read somewhere about turning the bass setting down and it will help out with the volume issue. It did. Bass turned down from right in the middle to about 3 bars up from off. Volume is much better and sound quality is still good. I guess this is the fix until I coin up for an amp.