Sponsored by:

Radio volume fluctuating

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 10:34 AM
dzlpwr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Yeah that nav prompts drove me nuts till I figured out what I did. Finally dawned on my that the only time I had the fade out thing happening was when I was moving. I'd listen to the music while parked to try and figure out the problem- no cutout. Once I was rolling, cut out. Finally the light went on and I got it.
Would it cut out completely or just get quieter? My issue is not the music cutting out completely. the volume just
Randomly bounces around, even when I am not using nav.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:54 AM
davesvn007
Advanced

Also check your Speed Volume setting (Home -> Setup -> Audio Setup). This setting affects the volume based on your speed. Maybe it's acting up... you can change it to it's lowest setting to turn it off. Then see if the volume still cuts out.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:06 PM
dzlpwr
Advanced

Originally Posted by davesvn007
Also check your Speed Volume setting (Home -> Setup -> Audio Setup). This setting affects the volume based on your speed. Maybe it's acting up... you can change it to it's lowest setting to turn it off. Then see if the volume still cuts out.
It does it no matter what setting the AVC is on. I'm going to try messing with the weather band and see if maybe that is doing it. It's raining here so I can't test it today sadly.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:23 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,473 Likes on 8,426 Posts

dzlpwr, if you can't fix your issue with setting adjustments go to your dealer and tell them to fix it. It's under warranty. What you're describing is not suppose to happen and don't let them tell you it's normal because it's not!

Old 09-12-2015, 07:14 PM
dzlpwr
Advanced

Originally Posted by zoozoo
dzlpwr, if you can't fix your issue with setting adjustments go to your dealer and tell them to fix it. It's under warranty. What you're describing is not suppose to happen and don't let them tell you it's normal because it's not!
That's the plan. I was just assuming they will say it's normal since that's how it usually goes. If the settings I messed with didn't do anything after riding tomorrow im going to mention it when I take it for the 1k service.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:37 PM
scott_db
Cruiser

I have the same issue, but only when I turn the volume up like 3/4.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:13 PM
dzlpwr
Advanced

Originally Posted by scott_db
I have the same issue, but only when I turn the volume up like 3/4.
Yes, mine too I only notice it getting quieter and louder when the volume is turned up high and at high speed.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:21 AM
apxpred
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat, annoying as hell.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:04 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Probably one of two things. The DSP in the head unit causes fluctuations in the volume at different speeds. This is probably even more noticeable with high quality components unless you have the unit flashed.

I've noticed that when I have my iPhone plugged into it that having programs running in the background sometimes causes volume problems. Also, the momentary dips in volume are caused by messages or notifications popping up on the phone. Obviously this only applies when I'm playing music through it.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:52 PM
dzlpwr
Advanced

Originally Posted by jpalm
Probably one of two things. The DSP in the head unit causes fluctuations in the volume at different speeds. This is probably even more noticeable with high quality components unless you have the unit flashed.

I've noticed that when I have my iPhone plugged into it that having programs running in the background sometimes causes volume problems. Also, the momentary dips in volume are caused by messages or notifications popping up on the phone. Obviously this only applies when I'm playing music through it.
From what I'm reading, the DSP Seems like it's the culprit. Can it be re flashed to get rid of this? Without adding an amp? If so, what flash do I need to ask my tech to install?

Quick Reply: Radio volume fluctuating