Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio Voice Command Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 03:57 PM
UltraV
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Satellite Radio Voice Command Issues

I have a '15 Limited with the Sirius/XM module. I must say it is the worst HD product I've ever purchased. Reception is terrible, even though the antenna has been moved by the dealer. Had satellite radio on my '11 Road Glide and it worked well through the HD system.

Here's the question. I like using the voice commands with the system overall and like to ride with the system in map view. However, the voice commands never seem to work with the satellite radio. I tell it to turn to a channel, it repeats the channel accurately, but does not change it. Sometimes it will change it 15 minutes later, but mostly it does nothing. Very frustrating. Anyone else having problems with their satellite radio.

Please don't respond about whether you like or dislike satellite radio on the bike. I like it; that's your problem if you don't. I want to hear from other experiences with the HD satellite radio.

Thanks.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have great results with my voice command. Once in XM, having 8 presets in use, I only use the commands "Next preset" or "Previous preset".

I also keep a list of all commands from the H-D website in my web browser on my phone. Just in case!

Old 08-22-2015, 11:08 AM
UltraV
Advanced

Do your voice commands work when you have the map screen on?

Old 08-22-2015, 11:24 AM
emu309
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use voice commands regularly to change channels on my sat radio. Primarily, I use the channel to channel command, ie "channel 59 or channel 6". It has always worked flawlessly and I use it while viewing the map screen.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Dinger
Road Master

I was able to exit from an ongoing navigation and map using voice command.

The voice command seems to work only in the current open screen.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:43 PM
UltraV
Advanced

Emu309, have you relocated your antenna? My voice command to change channels, say channel 88 instead of channel 84, repeats the channel I want but will not make the change.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:39 PM
TwistedRider
Novice

Originally Posted by UltraV
I have a '15 Limited with the Sirius/XM module. I must say it is the worst HD product I've ever purchased. Reception is terrible, even though the antenna has been moved by the dealer. Had satellite radio on my '11 Road Glide and it worked well through the HD system.

Here's the question. I like using the voice commands with the system overall and like to ride with the system in map view. However, the voice commands never seem to work with the satellite radio. I tell it to turn to a channel, it repeats the channel accurately, but does not change it. Sometimes it will change it 15 minutes later, but mostly it does nothing. Very frustrating. Anyone else having problems with their satellite radio.

Please don't respond about whether you like or dislike satellite radio on the bike. I like it; that's your problem if you don't. I want to hear from other experiences with the HD satellite radio.

Thanks.
Don't use the voice commands, but will see the same problem when trying to change presets using the handlebar controls or the touch screen. Usually will see problem when the XM has a lousy signal, bogs down the whole radio. HD needs to have the Harmon people spend some time fixing the XM on this radio.