Hybrid Audio Front speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Wghussey
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hybrid Audio Front speakers???

Well,

It is time for stereo upgrade version 2. I am thinking about pulling out the RF300x2 amp and Infinity Kappas and moving up to Arc Audio amp and HAT speakers. 5x7 rear and the Imagine I61-2v2 up front. Has anyone tried these? I am h=just not convinced that the Focals are worth $600.00

Old 08-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Chunky Monkey
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know about the HATs in front as I used the focal AC165 and they sound great and closer to 200 for the pair. I have the HAT 5x7's in back and they sound very nice. Did the ARC moto 600.4 too.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Wghussey
Tourer

That is the setup I am eyeballing Chunky. the Focal 165 PS series looks decent.

Last edited by Wghussey; 08-05-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:23 PM
nirschl
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've a 3way set up of HAT in my van. They are all Legatia SE edition transducers. They are incredible speakers. Extremely revealing when done right.
I've got an extra pair of L6's laying around that I may have to throw in my Limited. I surely wouldn't expect it to sound as good as my competition level van but they'd surely out rock the current stock set up.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:11 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

I had the 165 KRC in my '14 SGS, you will not regret using them. They can be found for les on eBay. Do a search and don't be afraid to purchase from over seas. I did and got a great price

Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Mr_King
Banned

Originally Posted by Wghussey
Well,

It is time for stereo upgrade version 2. I am thinking about pulling out the RF300x2 amp and Infinity Kappas and moving up to Arc Audio amp and HAT speakers. 5x7 rear and the Imagine I61-2v2 up front. Has anyone tried these? I am h=just not convinced that the Focals are worth $600.00

Don't do the Focals... You'll be sorry. $799 later from ABT and I just pulled mine out, even cut the pods and mounted inside. Some will have you think that the bright sound is necessary on a bike... BS. You can get bass with a 6.5", maybe not rap bass, but good.

If your not convinced there will be set of used Focals purchased from an authorized dealer on Ebay this week.

Good Luck.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 PM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_King
Don't do the Focals... You'll be sorry. $799 later from ABT and I just pulled mine out, even cut the pods and mounted inside. Some will have you think that the bright sound is necessary on a bike... BS. You can get bass with a 6.5", maybe not rap bass, but good.

If your not convinced there will be set of used Focals purchased from an authorized dealer on Ebay this week.

Good Luck.

So what are you running now that has such great bass that you dumped the Focals?

Old 08-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Mr_King
Banned

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
So what are you running now that has such great bass that you dumped the Focals?

Uh-oh, now I've done it, went ahead and gave my opinion.

Wghussey:
If possible. listen to as many speaker combinations as you can find before upgrading again. Preferably at a bike rally or at least listen outdoors for the most comparable sound.

The Arc amp is a good choice.. I have tried the JL-Audio XD400 and the MB-Quart 440. But the Arc is the best motorcycle amp I found. Pick up a pair of SNI-15's because the resistor combo in the wire is not matched well for the Harley head unit. Brad at ArcAudio was GREAT with support, sales not so much, but even after he resent me the low level cable with his adjustments it did not match well.

As for your rears, good choice. I did try those but ended up returning the HAT's because I could not justify the cost/performance difference compared to the Boom I. They were better, but not much. You don't need much in the rear anyway, just enough to know there is sound back there. When I bought mine they were only available online through 12velectronics, there may be more choices now but they are a good place to buy and Tom was great to deal with. I would still recommend 12v to anyone.

If you have any questions I am glad to share my experience so you can make a good choice.. I'm sure you don't want to upgrade a 3rd time.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:04 AM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Mr_King;14275723]Uh-oh, now I've done it, went ahead and gave my opinion.

Mr_King, sorry if you took my comment as sarcasm, I truly wanted to know what you were using for speakers that had good bass. I'm running the RF PBR 300x2 with the Infinity speakers and magic box that a lot of people are running. To me in MY OPINION, lol it sounds tons better than the stock Boom 1 that came on my 14 SGS, but it does lack in the bottom end department. I'm not looking for Rap thumping bass, just would like a little more bottom. So I really was wondering in YOUR OPINION what you thought might be a better speaker. I've never heard the Focals in person but seem to get really great reviews and was thinking about them until I read your comment so I am definitely open to any advice, thanks.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 193 Likes on 131 Posts

Just to add to this thread, I've tried J&M front speakers and didn't like them at all. Right now I have some Hertz, lots better but I'm still not totally satisfied. When I turn it up there is distortion. I've since ordered some JBL 3 way speakers that get good reviews. Will put those in next week and see what I like better.

The stock Harley speakers with my J&M amp were actually pretty good. Seemed I could turn those up and get more volume than the other 2 brands I tried.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Audio Front speakers???