2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Electra Glo Saddlebag lights on 2015 Ultra...I like them.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:25 AM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 846 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Installed Electra Glo Saddlebag lights on 2015 Ultra...I like them.

2015 Ultra Classic. I use the HD Visa card for about everything. I get reward points on the card that can be redeemed at the dealer. Had a few hundred "dollars" of reward points so I meandered in and bought the Electra Glo Saddlebag Brake/Turn/Running lights #67800241. Took about 45 minutes to install. (I could do it in about 10 minutes now that I know what I'm doing.) They work fine and are...are...oh, what's the word I'm looking for...BRIGHT! Yeah. That's the word. Bright!

I had considered them before but since I had never seen them on a bike I was kinda on the fence about buying them. A couple weeks ago I happened to get behind a Harley that had them and I was convinced. It was daytime and they made the bike more noticeable. After installation I turned off the lights in my shop, turned on the ignition and hit the 4-way flashers to see what it looked like. With the LED tour-pak lights, the brake light and the new saddlebag lights, about the only way to make yourself more visible would be to install law enforcement style emergency strobes.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/electra-glo-led-saddlebag-run-brake-turn-lamp#tabs

Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank the Real Biker
2015 Ultra Classic. I use the HD Visa card for about everything. I get reward points on the card that can be redeemed at the dealer. Had a few hundred "dollars" of reward points so I meandered in and bought the Electra Glo Saddlebag Brake/Turn/Running lights #67800241. Took about 45 minutes to install. (I could do it in about 10 minutes now that I know what I'm doing.) They work fine and are...are...oh, what's the word I'm looking for...BRIGHT! Yeah. That's the word. Bright!

I had considered them before but since I had never seen them on a bike I was kinda on the fence about buying them. A couple weeks ago I happened to get behind a Harley that had them and I was convinced. It was daytime and they made the bike more noticeable. After installation I turned off the lights in my shop, turned on the ignition and hit the 4-way flashers to see what it looked like. With the LED tour-pak lights, the brake light and the new saddlebag lights, about the only way to make yourself more visible would be to install law enforcement style emergency strobes.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/electra-glo-led-saddlebag-run-brake-turn-lamp#tabs
My will be delivered Thursday. Please post some picks of yours, like all the routing of the harness and wires.
Thanx,
Paul

Old 07-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Have those on our Limiteds and added some more to increase visibility since stock rear end didn't stand out but not anymore instead it's very bright and all DOT compliance lights.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 PM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Added them to my SGS and the additional light they put out is definitely worth it. 90% of the time I ride I'm two up with the tour pak on and this adds more light to the back. I've had a lot of folks come up to me stating they're really bright at night.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:39 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Punjabi HD
Have those on our Limiteds and added some more to increase visibility since stock rear end didn't stand out but not anymore instead it's very bright and all DOT compliance lights.
Do not understand why you have not replaced the stock tail light with LED one.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Do not understand why you have not replaced the stock tail light with LED one.

I just replaced the stock lght bulb with compatible LED one because it was cheaper. May be one of these days I might put on the real deal. My problem is I just can't buy one have to buy 2 of everything or I might be sleeping in the garage with the dogs.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:46 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

I just replaced the stock lght bulb with compatible LED one because it was cheaper. May be one of these days I might put on the real deal. My problem is I just can't buy one have to buy 2 of everything or I might be sleeping in the garage with the dogs.
I know exactly what you mean, what kind of license plate bracket is that?
Thanx,
Paul

Old 07-14-2015, 02:45 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

Deng, that rear end looks like a big "bus" from behind--good job.

Where did you get the LEDs to fill the void between the fender and saddle bags?

Old 07-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Pokerbob
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are those the Custom Dynamics Fillerz?

Old 07-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 846 Likes on 318 Posts

For the brake light I replaced the incandescent bulb with a red Pilot Automotive brand LED 3157. It's darn near as bright as the $180.00 HD LED tail light...but costs just $14.95 at Walmart for a pair of 'em. I had the HD LED tail light on my old bike, so I'm familiar with how bright it was.

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/led/I...R-15_grid.html

Quick Reply: Installed Electra Glo Saddlebag lights on 2015 Ultra...I like them.